Still having pain in hip going down leg into foot Mri ok
I had an MRI because i hurt my lower back sitting down and reached out. they said the Mri was ok but i am still having severe pain in my hip running down my right leg and across my foot and around my ankle, the pain is so severe i have to walk with a cane when the pain hits. what is the problem when the mri showed everything was ok. Did i hurt my hip or what.
hi,
my sister had sciatica pain. it ran down her leg to her foot. very painful.
she noticed she had heavy bleeding and pelvic pain. it ended up that she had endometriosis and it was pinching her sciatic nerve she had a hysterectomy and is better .
hope you get better soon
i am concerned that for over 5 months my left hip has caused me nothing but complete pain right down to my leg, i find it difficult to sleep on this side and quite often it keep me  awake at night/
my doctor has given me pain killers and refered me to orthopedics next month, i have also been give a quatersone injection but with no luck, can you assist thanks. ali.
You didn't say how old you are.  Hip arthritis is common, and has those symptoms.  Other possibilities are a pinched never which can be agonizing.  As we age, our spine changes, and one leg can become slightly longer than the other which causes pressure and strain on one side.  That can inflame the hip joint and cause extreme pain.  Make sure they check your alignment ratio.  Are your shoulders sloping on one side, is your hip higher or lower than the other.  Some times a shoe life can even that out.  Also, a herniation or spurs can refer pain to hip.
A related discussion, Hip pain going down the leg was started.