Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Stitches in finger, now its numb.

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Stitches in finger, now its numb.

3 nights ago I had my hand slammed in a door.  I have 2 pretty deep cuts and a really deep cut.  One cut is on the top of my ring finger, another is on the top of my middle finger, and the deepest is on the bottom of my middle.  I went to the doctor, and he put in 15 stitches.  I woke up this morning and my middle finger is numb.  My finger is pretty swollen.  Could it be that it just isnt getting any blood, or is it something more serious?
Avatar n tn
it may be numb because you may have cut a nerve, there are more nerves in your fingers than anywhere else, thats what my dr told me whne I got stitches in my finger , it stayed swolen and was tender for weeks, after the stitches came out it still was a little numb but got better in about a month.
Avatar n tn
If it was 3 days ago & the mid-finger is numb but swollen 'more'
than yesterday, it could be temp-nerve damage or infection.
Are you on antibiodics & isn't it bandaged w/ a change of gauze
off/on? You need to keep this very clean & generally they have
you put ointment on so stitches heal slow & lesson any scarring.
Call ofc.  I did the same door-slam only to small finger. I'm
normally a quiet person but said every word that would make a
sailor shocked. I crushed some nerves but feeling came back in
2 mo. later when someone slammed a cupboard on it. Healed again
but I needed drugs to stop the throbbing pain. Yours sounds
pretty severe so don't chance it. Call for advice.
Avatar n tn
While washing the dishes a glass broke and i cut my small finger on the  bottom-side. the blood stopper running in 5-10 min and the area of the cut is quite small (3mm). That was 2 days ago and the side of my finger is numb. Is there glass left in me hand? Should i go to the doctor?
Avatar n tn
Yesterday, I had an accident with a broken umbrella. I opened an umbrella and the spokes broke and cut my ring and pinky finger in three places. The ring finger has a 3mm cut across the finger, but I do not feel pain. My pinky finger was slashed on the side and in the back. It bled for about 5 to 10 minutes, and I finally got it to stop. Now, my pinky is numb and swollen. It doesn't appear to be infected, but it's swollen around the cuts and the numbness is very uncomfortable. Is this a serious condition that needs medical attention, or will the numbness eventually subside as the finger heals?