Stomach Cramp, Diarrhea, sweating , light headedness and fainting
I have experienced on 4 occasions in the last 6 years a rather weird Diarrhoea attack which really is painful and scary. Here is a description of what occurs.

1. Sudden abdominal pain which increases in intensity over a short time. The same sensation one might get when they are about to get Diarrhoea.

2. I go to the toilet and try excreting whatever wants to come out. However after about a minute of sitting there with nothing coming out I suddenly few light headed and am starting to get a dizzy spell like I am about to faint and my breathing weakens.

3. This borderline fainting sensation lasts for about another minute before I break out into a sudden sweat all over my body. Within a few seconds I have sweat literally pouring out of me, my clothes are wet as if I ran a marathon or something.

4. After a minute of sweating I suddenly feel something coming out of my rear end. I try to squeeze it out and only a hard stool comes out.

5. The sweating stops and the stomach cramp subsides. I think everything is over and I clean up. I walk out of the toilet and in about 2 minutes time the stomach cramp and the fainting sensation comes back (I've fainted only once to date from this and was out for about 15-20 minutes).

6. When I get back to the toilet I have a really violent Diarrhoea episode in pure liquid state. It takes a few minutes to subside and once I
I just had this happen to me at 6:30 AM this morning.  It was so scary.  I had this once last year, but I was in Lebanon and I thought it was because I drank some of their water and it was a virus or something, but it happened again.  I don't eat badly.  I stay pretty healthy.  I did have Chinese food last week, but nothing too greasy.  In Lebanon I didn't have any greasy foods.  It was all very healthy and I still had these symptoms.  I seriously thought I was dying.  It's nice to know that I'm not alone, but the circumstances are terrible.  I was sweating so badly and I just rested my head on the bathroom wall because I was so weak.  I hope there is a cure for this some how, but it doesn't happen that often.  
went through this episode where I had the exact same symptons, fainted, profuse sweating, gastro upset. passed out three times.  this happened three months before with out the passing out. This time heart was racing,blood pressure low. couldn't call 911 if I wanted to.  couldnt get off bathroom floor for an hour or so. Went to emergency room..long story short..this episode had possibly damaged my heart and the heart attack enzyme was elevated. i had a murmur surgically repaired 27 years ago and now doctors are saying that there could be electrical problems to the heart,etc.......wanted to keep me in hospital to do a catherization that would check heart electrical impulses but i convinced my primary doc to let me do it on a outpatient basis...scary stuff
I have had these symptoms since i can remember and I'm so relieved i have found this site so i now know other people suffer from this and its not just me. Cramps, Dizzy, Fainting, Sweaty, Loose Bowel Movement and often beeing sick. a couple of times i have fainted and have been shaking whilst passed out. It feels like I'm about to die. Some times i can't speak cos my tongue has gone funny and my hands are stuck in the same position. These attacks can last up to 20 minutes, they are so exhausting all i want to do is sleep after an attack. I have woken up in the night to go to the loo and pass out. The doctor doesn't seem to no what it is and the last doctor i saw said it was just me and my body and its somthing that i do. Lately they have been happening more frequently, Ive had 6 attacks since December 07. it is really quite scary and i would love to find a cure.
I ended up in ER..took me about 5 hours after resting to have the strength to even go there.  Look up vaso vagal syncope  in my case they think it was neurocardiogenic syncope. I am going for tests. When I got home from hospital I noteived I had two bruises on my head where I had passed out in bathroom.Feels like the end is near when this happens but if you are relatively healthy your body has that mechanism in place to get you low to the ground fast so you can get blood to your brain..SEE A NEW DOCTOR..Go in educated. I had four doctors from the ER to a primary to a cardiologist and they want to do more tests..sounds llike you need that too..
Ive had many a bump on my head mainly when i was a kid, I  didn't no what was happening or how to deal with it and i would just pass out on the toilet, coming round when my mum was dragging me out to the garden to get some fresh air. I'm a  relatively healthy 32 year old. Ive explained my symptoms to may doctors but still no answers. Ive just read about vasovagal syncope and it does sound like it could be that. I'm going to  print it off and show the doctor. It is more severe when i haven't had a bowl movement for a wk or so. Ive never had regular bowel movements and often go a wk with out going so Ive just started taking  senokot when i haven't been for a while in hope that this will work. thanks for your advice
Man, you have been going through this since you were a kid.  plus the no bowel movements for a week at a time...must be stressing you out big time. I wish you all the luck. You sound like you might be from the UK?  if you are, I wonder what type of medical system is over there and why you haven't been properly diagnosed yet?  
Yes i am from the UK and from my experience the medical system is rubbish, it didn't  help that my mum never took me to the doctors about it when i was a kid. Its becoming more frequent as I'm getting older and the attacks are more severe, its driving me nuts!!
To be honest i had given up with the doctors but now Ive read these articles I'm going to definitely go again
it isnt great here either..I was afraid to death to even go to the emergency room because I have such a high deductable on my insurance. I really wish you all the luck in the world.. Sux that we have to look to the internet because we arent getting the help we need. and i hear you on the mother thing, I should have had this heart murmur fixed when I was nine, not twenty..Mother's decision..
Please keep me updated.  I will do the same with any tests I get done or whatever.
Take Care
hi ican understand your worry i too have terrible bouts of ibs pain i too have tried to go to the toilet only to fall of in bath of sweat the pain from my bowel is excrutiating and i have actually passed out with the pain. my doctor says it is not life threatning but as i get older i fear this is going to kill me off.
yer thats just what im worried about. i cant see my body is going to take it when i get really old.
I have had this problem for 18 years now with mths of no bouts. I have even stopped eating meat and not eating for hours before going to bed. Lately the cramps and diarrhia have been at least twice a week and have happened at work. The pain is very extreem with sweating and vomiting. My stools are black and watery after the first movement. I am glad to find your blog I thought I was going crazy. The attacts are not like regular diarrhia that come from stress and food but very extreem and painful.
I have had a similar condition for the past 8 years. I abused alcohol (a 6 pack a day) smoked a pack a day and ate very spicy foods. Then I had a near fainting experience and was driven to the doctor, who suggested to take some blood samples... which turned all ok. I stopped smoking after that, but I ended in the hospital a couple of days later; my stomach was killing me, every time I breathe I felt like I was going to faint, horrible. In the hospital they told me everything was fine with me and that all was in my head. Felt like trash for the next couple of years until I found this doctor who told me I had Neurocardiogenic Syncope. He gave me visken, nexium and rivotril. I quit drinking and eating spicy foods at this time. I felt good for a couple of weeks. Went to the hospital several times. Had some tests done. Positive for syncope once. Negative another time. Doctor decided it was all in my head and proceeded to gave me antidepressants... worst thing ever! Fast forward to 2008 and I went to a neurologist who told me everything was fine with my head, suggested me to take lighter antidepressants (which I totally skipped).
And now I feel like trash everyday. As I am typing this, my stomach burns, I have anxiety, and I feel like fainting... just like I felt yesterday and the day before that.
Help.
Hi there, I have suffered from this for 10 odd years,(don't know why but it normally happens at nightime) same symptoms as most of you, profuse sweating, fainting, odd painful stomach  feelings,ringing in my ears,,,followed by diarreah mostly. Anyway to cut a long story short, I thought I'd post what helps me through these bouts after trying everything else!!! in the hope it can assist anyone else with this darn problem.
Firstly as soon as I feel inklings of it coming on (I don't always, sometimes it's so quick) I reach out for the Gaviscon., this seems to calm my gut down immensley, then I try excercises  specifically for trapped wind ect, (lay on your back and pretend to ride a bike, ect )There are a lot of these excersises on the internet. Another is to move your hand in a circular kind of motion (like a massage) around your stomach area..Also, must be mentioned a hot water bottle on the back.......my main reasons for  doing this are to relax my stomach ect and try to pass wind,and burp to ease the pain. Also a hot bath helps, but be careful if you think you may faint.....My bouts seem to be brought on by a number of things,...eating foods such as onions, coleslaw ect, or not eating all day and rushing a meal. or being stressed,gassy drinks don't help either.. Hope this helps in some way, it's got to be worth a try,  Thanks
I had almost the exact same thing happen to me recently...and I literally thought I was dying. I was like...this is it?? This is how it ends??? When I felt like I was about to pass out and drenched in sweat with unbearable cramps, I thought I needed an ambulance. After fighting with all my might to stay conscious (so that I wouldn't be left to die) I managed to call my boyfriend and have him take me to the hospital. It was a very random and sudden event and I had no idea what caused it. I had been drinking the night before though, and I don't think I had eaten much yet that day. The stomach cramps got worse until I had extreme liquid diarrhea at the hospital. After this event, I went to several doctors to try to figure out what had happened, and one concluded that I must have just had some virus, and another found nothing wrong after numerous tests. However, I do have pretty frequent stomach aches for no apparent reason, and they seem to happen most when I am stressed or anxious, so now I am considering the possibility that it could have been an anxiety attack. Does everyone else who has gotten this attack have at least some anxiety, or just some stress that preceded it? I have read that anxiety attacks can include all of these symptoms and that they can be purely physical with no real cause for the anxiety, or no conscious awareness of having anxiety. I know that anxiety-inducing situations can cause me to get stomach aches, even if I don't FEEL anxious, so let me know if you think this could be a possibility.
Wow I thought I was the odd one that this sort of thing happened to.  I was crusing forums to see if anyone had anything related to what I'm experiencing now with my stomach (nausea and diarrhea for the past two weeks) But there have been a few rare occasions over the past few years were early in the morning I feel like I’m going to have diarrhea and have to sit for a few minutes before it actually comes out, mostly liquid, and then upon rising I almost (and sometimes do) pass out.  It really scares me!  Only once after this happened I got chills and I’m assuming a fever (I didn’t check) and I was running to the bathroom every few minutes.   That was when I was in the airport getting really to go on vacation so the REALLY sucked.  I’m almost happy I found this forum because it’s probably something else I should tell the GI that I didn’t think about when I go in for this current problem.  

And I really cant tell if its anxiety related or not, but I am an anxious person... it just dosen't seem to like up with when I am anxious though...
Hi there. It sounds like I have the same thing you do.  I can go a week without any bowel movements. I was in my psychology class today and I could feel it was going to happen.  I got extremely sweaty and weak.  I couldn't even get out of my chair to walk out.  I felt as if I would collapse.  I then got a very cold sweat.  Its almost like when I'm going through this, I cant hear whats going on around me.  I zone out. When I got back to fully concious I could feel all the sweat on me.  Throughout my whole body.  It happened about 2 hours ago and I still feel like ****.  I am only 17 years old and I have had this happen to me about 7 times already.  I've fainted about 5/7 times and came very close the other two times.  The first time this happened to me was when I was in 5th grade.  Doctors can not figure out what is wrong with me!
For me it's definitely related to not having a bowel movement that often so Ive been taking senokot every couple of days and it seems to be working. The doctor did say it properly isn't the best thing to use but its worked for 5 wks so i'm gonna continue use it. I still get slight stomach ache and feel a bit odd when i have a bowl movement but nothing like before.
Wow, at your age, wouldnt think you would have to go through that....But that is exactly the symptons with that zoning out thing i forgot about...I have not had another since but I am an old fart, 46, compared to you..Hopefully, you have gone to the doctor..Let me know
I sure hope that medication works for you but I go to bed every night still afraid to go BM until I really have to..Terrible.and sometimes I get that weird feeling that I can at least shake off....havent had an episode since and had a bunch of heart tests, EP heart test,etc..... so far so good...Hoping you will not have any more problems....Sorry havent written. among this ****...Im having financial issues that are causing more STRESS....Good Luck and take care!!!
Eugene
My usual: severe lower abdominal pain. Feels like someone stabbing me. Worse than bad pms. Then I feel weak. I go to the toilet. Explosive diarrhea and sweating and weakness and faint feeling (some times I do faint or lean on something to keep me from falling over). Then after it's over I get very cold. I still feel a little weak but I feel much better. I drink lots of fluids and am a pretty healthy 25. I don't believe it's all separate diagnoses. Like the vaso vagal and then another one for the diarrhea and another one for the sweating etc. I've been told a million different things but none that would accounts for the entire episode of symptoms. If we are all experiencing all of these symptoms then it's something completely different. Doctors are just guessing. They just want to slap some pills in your hand and send you off. I even was tested for a thyroid problem. Someone needs to get this figured out. I can't function. I'm worried all the time that it's going to happen in public. It happens several times a week for me. I'm starting a journal of what I eat and when these episodes happen and all the symptoms. Let's all do that and see if there's a common thread. At least then we see if it's a food allergy.