Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Stomach pain, Bad headach and neck pain, Severe night sweats and evenin...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Stomach pain, Bad headach and neck pain, Severe night sweats and evening body chills

My symptoms started with a pain going horizontally across my stomach about a span of 5 inched from below my rib cage to below my bellybutton. This went on for 14 days steady and would get very crampy when I ate or especially if I had a coffee. I then started to have severe chills in the evening, so bad that I would litterally shake uncontrollably until I could find an area to warm myself. The cold was from the inside of my body not from the outside. My skin was very very hot to touch and seemed even hotter on my stomach. I then progressed to where I am now. 5 days of the previous symptoms with a headache that starts above my eyes, goes over my head and down my neck to my shoulders. I'm taking Aleve and tylenol which still can't take it away completely. I have also been going through night sweats which started as small but now for the past 3 nights have been severe. I am laying on a bed of towels and clothed so I can remove the layers of soaked clothing through out the night. I am changing my shirt 3 times and having to peel them off eveytime. The moring has the soar neck, headache and general sick feeling. Take some pills, go to work and survive trying to stay awake. About 4pm the chills come back and progress worse as the evening goes on. I find if I sit with several layers on and don't move I'm OK for feeling cold but as soon as I move it starts until I can get wrapped up again. No sweating at this point. I go to bed and once I get to sleep about an hour later I will wake up soaked and so on throughout the night. I have had blood work done but haven't got the results back yet. I have read other topics of people who have had this and need to know if there was a definate resolution
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Night seats, chills, stomachache and headache can be mainly due to severe acidity with H pylori infection and gastric reflux. H. pylori infection can be diagnosed by carbon urea breath test. An endoscopy may need to be done. Consult a gastroenterologist. Meanwhile take Omeprazole empty stomach in morning and an antacid gel at bedtime. Refrain from smoking, alcohol, fuzzy drinks and spicy food. You may in addition need the relevant course of antibiotic if H pylori is detected.
Other causes include hypoglycemia, carcinoid syndromes, hyperthyroidism, AIDS, cancer (Hodgkin's Lymphoma), infections in the body, side effect of certain drugs, and sleep disorders. At times cause cannot be found out.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP to run tests and examination to clinch a diagnosis.
Take care!
Lyme disease could also be the culprit. It can also cause all of your symptoms. I should know because my husband, my son and my self have lyme disease and a few co-infections.