Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Stomach pressure vs sugar

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Stomach pressure vs sugar

I made some research recently to find out what causes my problems. Doctors are unable/don't want to help me, so I have to do some research on my own.

So to sum up for those who don't recognize me yet: I have confirmed acid/bile reflux and Staphylococcus aureus. I have smelly mucus in my mouth after eating sugar. My diet is generally good except crash for chocolate.

But reflux is nothing compared to my other problems. I have breathing difficulty, especially when I'm standing. It's like stomach makes pressure on my diaphragm. I have no idea why...

And the second most important thing is my psychics. When I have stressful situation I lose control of myself. I stop thinking, get cold hands and I'm like paralyzed. I'm singing and that makes me unable to do my best. For years I thought there's something wrong with my head, but I know I have too strong body reaction for mild stress.

Recently, I've found articles about hypoglycemia: http://www.survivediabetes.com/hypt2.htm and http://www.webnat.com/articles/Hypoglycemia.asp

For me, that was crucial information, since everything matches perfectly. I overuse refined sugar.

I made a couple of days with no sugar and I felt generally better, except worse stomach pressure. It was so hard to resist that I had to lay on the bed a lot.

So here are my question, guys:
1) Is that possible that my reaction for stress is low sugar?
2) Should I make glucose tolerance test? Or how about glucose profile test?
3) Why I feel stomach pressure so much when I don't eat sugar? Can it be connected in any way?

Answers will be highly appreciated, I want to feel like "I'm there", now I can't with stomach pressure (which I'm simply unable to stop think about), breathing difficulties and insanely strong reactions for stress.

Thank you in advance.
Sorry, I wanted to "Ask an expert" and it seems like it works just like regular posting :) My original thread is there: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Gastroenterology/show/68
Hi there -

Our Gastro Expert and Diabetes forums are currently closed, unfortunately, due to some technical issues.

I will move this to our Undiagnosed Symptoms Community, and hope you get some good answers.

Emily

Have you had a fasting glucose test yet to check for glucose intolerance or diabetes?

I do not know enough to comment on all of your questions, but I thought I would address the issue of "smelly mucus in my mouth after eating sugar." This could be a problem with too much yeast in your digestive system.  It can cause a white or yellow or even dark growth on the tongue that tastes and even smells bad. Yeast feeds on sugar, so it will grow very quickly when you put sugar in your mouth.  Too much yeast in the rest of the digestive tract can also cause bloating, tenderness, stomach pain, and digestion issues.  It can also contribute to fatigue and an overall feeling of being unwell.

There is a medication called diflucan that is very good at treating yeast. If that is not available to you, then a strict no sugar and low carb diet would be very helpful.  Eat only protein, vegetables, and only small amounts of fruit (not on an empty stomach), preferably fruit with fiber, such as apples with the skin, berries, etc.  Do not eat white flour, white rice, dried fruit, fruit juice, soda, or anything else with sugar.  Don't even have any of it in the house, as it will be too hard to resist it. You will go through sugar withdrawal for a couple of days, but within a week, you will notice how much better you feel. Stick with it for a month and see how you feel.

Also, a tongue scraper is very useful for scraping yeast overgrowth off the tongue. Avoid mouthwash for now, as it kills the good bacteria that you need to balance out the yeast.

You could still very well have Gastro issues and/or blood sugar issues and possibly anxiety.  This is just one suggestion that could help reduce some of your symptoms.  I hope this is helpful!  
Thank you for answer. You are right, the best thing I should try is to try stop eating sugar for a couple of days and see what happens. That's what I'm going to do.

I haven't made glucose tolerance test yet, but I want to try one. What's making me sad is the fact how criminally uneducated doctors are. A few days ago I told my doctor that I want to make test for reactive hypoglycemia and he told me that 2 hours are enough, which is completely untrue - 6 hours are minimum. I need to do every research on my own...

What about tests for different types of reactive hypoglycemia? In my case probably adrenaline is causing sugar falls. Should I do some more special tests or just the classic one?
One more thing I'd like to add: I mentioned stop eating sugar, because I believe that's the only thing I do wrong. I've never smoked, I'm not obese (my weight is perfect or a little too low). I don't drink alcohol, I sleep well and avoid stress as much as I can. But there are days where I eat 100-200g of chocolate at once :D I love chocolate so much...
It is very frustrating when doctors don't seem to know what they are doing. But now we have the Internet, a wonderful source of information, both true and false.  Since you don't trust your doctors, then continue to do your own research and bring in printouts of what you think is relevant to you.  Use only reputable sources, not just someone with a blog or a message post from an anonymous person! :)

Sorry, I don't know enough about the different blood sugar tests to be of help to you.

BTW, I love chocolate, too! You'll probably need a week of no sugar before you can tell if it makes any difference.
Ricobord,

yes - it's indeed very frustrating and sad.

I started anti-fungal (candida) diet. I didn't touch sugar nor processed food for 3 days. I feel generally better, but I have cold hands, feet and nose all the time. I think my symptoms may be connected with candida, which I read about a few years ago.

Somebody on the other forum told me about Hiatal Hernia, which can be the result of candida as well. That would explain why I feel pressure on my stomach... I hope I finally found the reason of my problems.