Stomache problems
I am 17 years old. The left side of my stomach flutters I guess. It only does that when I inhale and exhale. My friends would feel it and they said it feels like there is a frog in there. I dont know what they are talkin about. But it happens every so often. It rarely ever hurts but its really annoying. What could it be?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
What you have are probably twitches. In your case it could also be due to acidity if it is in stomach area. So if you have stomach issues, take antacid gel and see if it helps control flutter.
I would suggest you get the blood levels of the following checked if they have not already been checked: potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, vitamin B complex, or vitamins B1, B3, or B6 and Vitamin D. Generally deficiencies of any of the above can cause muscle twitching and spasms in localized or generalized areas of the body. Get your kidney function, parathyroid gland function and adrenal function tests done because these affect the electrolyte balance in the body. Stress, alcohol, caffeine and fatigue all cause similar symptoms. Certain sleep disorders and peripheral nerve disorders due to diabetes or hypothyroidism can also be the cause.
However since you are otherwise asymptomatic, it is unlikely to be something serious. Discuss these possibilities with your PCP.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!