Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Stool problem?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Stool problem?

Hey,

I've not consulted anyone about this before as I always thought it was nothing, but latley when passing stools they seem to be mushy, I thought it was diarrea (diarrhea), but I pass these stools once every two days. The stool is often mushy, or soft stools, they seem loose. I don't really feel any other symptoms than that. The stool looks pale and sometimes there are some areas on the stool that half dark and on the side pale, it it can sometimes smell. I often find I pass wind a lot aswell lately. Though this could be the fact I eat a lot of nuts and beans. Is there a problem with me or am I eating too much nuts?
I forgot to mention that my metabolic rate is quite fast, it always has been since I was a teenager. I'm 21.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The consistency of stool and its color could be due to excess nut intake. Nothing in excess is good for the body. Take a balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, animal protein, carbohydrates, cereals and nuts. In all probability your symptoms will settle down.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
do you drink a bit of alcohol? do you eat a normal diet? i found the same thing happens to me. i worked in a bar so i always drank, so the next day i would be so sick i couldn't eat. but when i did eat it was nothing but junk. this went on for to long. but i noticed the change in my stools. they became very few are far between, multi-coloured (and not because the shots i had the night before!!), and often mushy. sometimes i was constipated but once the initial 'blockage' was gone it would turn into a number 3(as they polietly put it on the huggies ads) also it depends on what you eat and how your body processes it.  if you do drink a fair bit then you should get your organs checked.  although its fun to drink its certainly not good for your insides.