Strange Heat sensation in back of upper left leg
I have been experiencing this strange "heat" sensation in the back of my upper left leg right where it meets the buttocks.

This heat is horizontally linear and will occur at least once an hour. I have read other strands in the forum and they all seem to be seated realted and occur much lower down the leg. My symptoms occur whether I am standing or sitting. They do not last long but appear to happening more frequently.The skin does not get hot to the touch and the heat lasts maybe 5 seconds.

I would like to get this checked out, but what kind of doctor should I see?

Thanks for any and all feedback.  
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A heat sensation or sudden feeling of warmth can be a sign of blood clot or deep vein thrombosis. It can also be due to pinched nerve or due to diabetic neuropathy. For diagnosis first a duplex ultrasound or color dopplar would need to be done. If this is negative then a nerve conduction study and test for diabetes. If there is a chance then if everything else is negative, then lupus may need to be tested for.
So consult your PCP, a vascular specialist and a neurologist in that order.
Take care!
just see your GP mate he/she will refer you to whoever you need to see thats what they are there for