Strange Itching sensation
At least 3-4 times a month I get a strange itching sensation. Its very deep and it feels like its under my shoulderblades, and under the front and back of my ribcage.
My left elbow also gets a weird itch and its almost like its inbetween the bones.

I'm stumped. I am almost in pain it itches so badly.
smetimes liver problems cause itching like that. I'd get your liver checked out and check your liver function enzymes.
I get something like that when my arthritis first starts to flare up. For me though it always happens in a joint.
I've had strange itching sensations like this before... the key to your symptom is that you feel something in TWO different areas of your body at once.  I don't know if you know much about the nervous system but this phantom itching is related to this.  Many people experience things like this and things like your right hand itching but to scratch it to go away you have to scratch your left hip. It has to do with misfiring between your nerves and brain.  Its completely normal unless it happens VERY frequently and other thigns begin appearing, which then means its time to make an appointment with a neurologist to check for any underlying nervous system disorders that may be coming to surface. Hope this eases your mind a bit. Take care