Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Strange Itching sensation
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Strange Itching sensation

At least 3-4 times a month I get a strange itching sensation. Its very deep and it feels like its under my shoulderblades, and under the front and back of my ribcage.
My left elbow also gets a weird itch and its almost like its inbetween the bones.

I'm stumped. I am almost in pain it itches so badly.
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
smetimes liver problems cause itching like that. I'd get your liver checked out and check your liver function enzymes.
Blank
I get something like that when my arthritis first starts to flare up. For me though it always happens in a joint.
Blank
I've had strange itching sensations like this before... the key to your symptom is that you feel something in TWO different areas of your body at once.  I don't know if you know much about the nervous system but this phantom itching is related to this.  Many people experience things like this and things like your right hand itching but to scratch it to go away you have to scratch your left hip. It has to do with misfiring between your nerves and brain.  Its completely normal unless it happens VERY frequently and other thigns begin appearing, which then means its time to make an appointment with a neurologist to check for any underlying nervous system disorders that may be coming to surface. Hope this eases your mind a bit. Take care
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank