Strange Tongue Swelling
This morning I awoke when a sore and swollen tongue.  It looked a little whitish, but not like thrush.  The edges of my tongue felt bumpy (not tiny little spots, just an irregular surface).  I had a difficult time eating breakfast due to the soreness.  I took an antihistamine, but I don't know if it helped or not.  I also have some mild tenderness & swelling just under the left side of my chin; however, it is more noticeable to the touch rather than by observation.  My lips (which stay chapped) feel a little tender as well.  Although I've been able to eat, the food feels strange in my mouth.  It's been over 14hrs and I have seen only mild improvement from when I first got up this morning.  I take supplemental vitamin B (3 different ones in 1 pill), calcium & vitamin D, and a multivitamin.
It could be infection or allergic reaction, best to go to the doctor right away, maybe the E.R. actually!
I went to a clinic, but all they said was that I had thrush.  I'm not so certain, but my tongue seemed well by Thursday (started on Sunday).  Thanks.
Did you eat anything highly acidic; like a lot of sour candy. It sounds like a chemical burn; which if that is the case the top few layer of tissue will slough off in a few days and the pain should be gone in a bit over a week.