Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Strange fever

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Strange fever

The other day I woke feeling fine, but within 30 minutes I was aching and had chills and a headache, feeling almost like I had the flu.  I don't have a thermometer handy, but I know I'm running a fever.  I took some ibuprophen and later some tylenol and dayquil, and both seemed to take the symtoms (symptoms) away, as well as the fever, and I felt fine and went to work.  When I got home, my symptoms returned so I took tylenol and nyquil and the fever went away and I went to sleep.  I woke the next morning feeling absolutely fine, but I took some tylenol and dayquil just in case and went to work feeling fine all day.  When I returned home, my fever came back and so did my symptoms.  I followed the same routine, tylenol and nyquil, and went to bed and woke this morning feeling fine, but again, the fever returned so I took more medicine and felt fine.  It seems like when I go to bed my fever goes away and stays gone until I wake up and start moving around.  I don't have any sinus or respiratory symptoms and no real nausea, although since I have been feeling this way I'm eating less, even when my fever is gone.  I've called around to find out if there are any viruses that have sprung up in my area, but nobody seems to know of anything.  The aches and chills, and sometimes feeling hot, cause me to not want to move, even when it's to get up to take medication.  It took me 20 minutes to get off the couch this morning to take some tylenol.  Anybody have any idea what this could be?  I'm supposed to go on vacation this Saturday and I really don't want to be sick.  Thanks in advance!
1 Comment

I think you need to undergo blood tests to diagnose the exact cause of your fever. Have you measured the temp.? I think you are getting high fever, there is a possibility that this is some sort of virus. I would suggest you to immediately schedule an appointment with your doctor as you may need antibiotics. Please do not ignore this.