Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Strange flushes, not hot fluses/not anxiety/not hot flushes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have been ill for 3 yrs. It all started with a parvovirus and I also had erlichia. 6 month later I was told I am not likely to recover completely. The list of my symptoms was a page long. I got started on a couple of antidepressant to control the pain. In time most symptoms improved. I continue however to have a lot of  muscle and joint pain. What worries me the most are  these strange flushes. They come without warning. They are similar to anxiety attacks in how adrenaline floods your body, but these make me feel week and they seem to affect my muscles. The flushes/spells/attacks(I really do not know what to call them) vary in intensity. Some are mild, some so strong. I would probably call 911 if I could get to the phone. Sometimes I go for several months without one, but recently I have been experiencing several a day. The flushes seem to throw me back, I have a lot more pain and feel week. I have thyroid anti bodies as well as a small mass/cyst. It was biopsied three times, but it came back non malignant. My TSH is 1.16 mIU/L. At some point my Thyroglobulin Ab was 15, and Thyroid Peroxidase Ab was 40 (that was 2 yrs ago), I had 24 hr urine test to check for 5-HIAA. The latest was normal. I also have celiac. My recent blood count was fine, Metabolic panel OK,ESR 30MM/HR, CRP 0.76 mg/dL, Urinalysis WB 16 PER HPF.  I have been to rheumatologist who does not think I have lupus. I may have some arthritis. I am 40 yrs old female.  Please help. I know that these flushes are a key to why I feel sick. Thanks.
Tags: Pain
New to this forum, so I apologize in advance if I offend you in any way...but could you be going through menopause...early? My mother went through early menopause and it exacerbated her arthritis...made the pain way worse. Just a question.
I am not offended. Any bit of information helps. It did cross my mind but it does not appear to be mp. MP flushes are very different.
I have similar symptoms but consistent: 1. Hot skin feeling associated with vague burning pains:

1). I consistently feel that my palms are hot and pains worsen when I am using the palms, like using mouse and typing. The pains are limited to the parts of the palms that have been pressed and the skin immediately become red and hotter.

2). My heels consistently feel pains especially after walking or standing.

The hot feeling also happens to my ears, face, and probably other parts of skin, or even stomach. However, body temperature is around 97.7F or 36.5C.

2. Frequent uncomfortable abdomen after eating and drinking.

Other symptoms include insomnia (sleep 4-5 hrs/night), palpitation, nerve tension, and fatigue (easy to be tired).

My tests done so far are normal including head CT, CMP14+LP+TP+TSH+5AC+CBC/D/Pit, 24hour Holter, Echo/M & 2D, Doppler/Cardiac, Darppler/Color flow, CBC again, Urinalysis, CBC with differntial/platelet; Comp. Metabolic Pannel(14); Rheumatoid Arthritis factor; antinuclear antibodies direct; uric acid (Serum); Sedimentation Rate-Westergren, C-reactive protein, Creatine Phosphokinase (CPK) bld, third time CBC, CKMB, Ultra D Dimer. ECG. Measure blood oxygen level.

All test values are normal, except triglycerides(209/ normal 0-149) and somtime glucose (100).

With these symptoms (3months), my everyday life seems a struggle.

My question is what’s wrong causes these symptoms and what other tests & exams I should do?

Thank you very much in advance.
You should post your question in a separate thread to get an answer from MD. I have some degree of that burning in my feet but is is not horrible.  There is so many thins going on with my body that do not even try to explain it all. But I have heard of thos burning and you should persist. There is also medication, like neurontin that may help. Wish you luck. I now it is frustrating.
I am a 44 year old male and I am having the same symptoms (Flushes), you are.  It feels as if (as you described) I am having a major anxiety attack and the blood flow to my neck, head, and shoulders is being restricted.  This has been going on for about a year now and my doctors are stumped.  Although one doctor has suggested I have my Gallbladder taken out, due to gallbladder sludge. My question to you is, did you ever go to the endocrinologist as sugested?  If so, what was the verdict?  Thanks for any info you may have.
It sounds like you have fibromyalgia. My daughter-in-law recently discovered that she has it and the symptoms that you described are the same as you were complaining about. See you doctor and  a rhematologist. Hope I have been helpful, because I need help also.
    My ANA was 250. I do have lupus and recently had a triple heart bypass. I am having a lot of night sweats and sometimes through the day. I thought it was from my cholesterol meds that I started taking. I stopped taking it for a couple of weeks but the problem is still there. Started taking them again and it is still there. I am puzzled.
I also had the same symptoms you are talking about. Seemed to start after  a wood tick bite that I was treated for.  My hot flashes seemed to be worse after I would eat and also if I let myself get too hungry, or if I drank alcohol.  I went to a gastro doctor and had a stomach-emptying test done.  I failed the test. I learned that my stomach is not emptying properly and the only medication to help is Domperidone (not FDA approved) so I get it from a Canadian pharmacy.  Take 2 tabs before meals and it helps the stomach open up and intestines to work better. Has cut my hot flashes from 20-30 per day to about 10 per day. and only have to lay down with a few.  Has cut the nausea also. I was told by my gastro dr. that the cause is unknown, but thought to be from a virus of some sort.  I also take Neurontin to help with the flashes. Body and joint pain is still present. I still sleep alot more than normal. I also had my gallbladder removed because it would fill and not empty. (same type of problem my stomach has now) It was called a non-functioning gallbladder with no stones. I have been tested for lupus, dont have it. and also for a rare slow growing intestinal cancer that causes this type of hot flashes. Thankfully I don't have it either.  
A related discussion, hyperthyroidism was started.