Strange smell from hands
I am having a maddening problem with hand odor for the past several weeks and I have no idea what is causing it. I would best describe the odor as some sort of italian dressing or salami type odor, although it's hard to describe. My diet is normal and varied and has not changed. This smell comes and goes all day, and is not localized to either hand---it will generally be in one at a time, and it always comes from the palms. The smell does not dissipate with water at all, which leads me to believe that it must be being secreted from my pores rather than a surface smell. Does this make sense to anybody?
Do you cook with onions or garlic. Any chance you may be pregnant? When I was pregnant I couldnt cut onions or garlic because the odor would linger on my hands for days. No matter how much I washed them the odor wouldn't go away!
Welcome to the forum!
Diabetes can cause a strange fruity odor. Pregnancy is another possibility. Foreign body in the nose is the third possibility, however in this case you will feel the odor every where.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
A related discussion, smelly hands was started.