Strange visual experiences
For the past several months, I have been experiencing chronic tinnitus and central visual blindness at night in the opposite eye of the side of head for which I had been sleeping. I cannot find any information regarding this problem. It has me worried that it's realted to blood flow within the brain. Help!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
What is very apparent is that you must get a complete eye checkup by an eye specialist and not just by an optometrist. This loss of vision in the peripheral visual field can be due to optic nerve damage caused by glaucoma, high internal eye pressure, retinal detachment, occlusion of blood supply as in eye stroke, optic neuritis, and optic nerve edema. Tunnel vision is also possible after a history of head injury, concussion, brain damage and stroke, though all these causes may not be applicable in your case. Take care!