Strep throat and blood in urine?
I went to the doctor with my mom today because she has been getting sick.  They tested her and found out that she has strep throat.  They also found blood in her urine sample and want her to get it tested again later for a cause.  My mom has just beaten breast cancer and she, understandably, gets a bit worried when tests have any kind of unusual results.  I realize it may not be anything really bad but after everything she has been through I also worry a bit about this. Can anyone tell me if perhaps these two are linked or if it may be something else entirely.  If it is likely something else what are the more likely reasons for her to have blood in her urine?  Please answer a.s.a.p if you can, as I can't seem to get this off my mind.
It sounds like she has two different things going on.  The strep throat will be resolved with the antibiotics.  The blood in the urine can be caused by infection, kidney stones etc.  You didnt say how much blood was in her urine. If its a small amount, its prob nothing to worry about.  This happens to a lot of people who never find out the cause.  If its a large amount, I can't imagine the doctor would of sent her on her way without further investigation..  Can she see the blood in her urine? Or is it not possible to see?  So many factors play into the amount of blood. Of course, with her history of cancer it would be feasible to call her oncologist and see what they.think.  Im not trying to.scare you, just give u some advice.  There are kidney function tests which can tell if the kidneys are functioning right called BUN and CREATINE.  I truely think if it were serious your doctor would of done something about it at her appt.  Is she having pain in her abdomen or pelvis areas?  MaMaybe she should see a Urologist.  Hope you find out soon!!
yyoufd out soon!!  oobloodto.see?
She isn't having any pain and she didn't see any blood in the urine.  Because it showed up in the results but not visible to the eye I'm going with it being microscopic hematuria.  This was a walk in clinic and she just told my mom to get it checked on but wouldn't provide any more information about it.
Hopefully its nothing.  Like I mentioned earlier, maybe just call the oncologist to ask their opinion.  And maybe a Urologist to make an appt.  It sounds like you are worried because she had cancer in the past that it could be that.  Its perfectly normal after a cancer scare.  I think since it was microscopic it's prob got a simple cause.  There are also inflammatory conditions that affect the bladder.  The blood could of come.from anywhere in the urinary system...such as the kidneys themselves, the bladder, the ureters which is ho
Sorry, I hit he wrong button.  Anyway, the ureters are the passageways the urine gets to the bladde ge
Sorry again, I'm new.  lol. To the bladder from the kidneys.  The urethea is where it leaves the body.  Any of those places could get infected.
kidney infections cause blood in urine