Stringy stool... yikes!
Two symptoms seemed totally unrelated until I googled them and considered the possibility of a parasite:

I have had a couple of roundish dry, itchy patches of skin poke up a few months ago... two spots around my left hand/ wrist, and a couple on my neck/chest.  I thought it may have been eczema.

A few days ago I noticed a little whitish discharge around my stools, but thought maybe i wasseeingthings and it was "shredded" toilet paper or something.  Then today I had one stool that was really slimy when I was wiping... and to my horror, it looked I had pooped yarn or spaghetti-shaped pasta!  This stool, too, had a small amount of whitish discharge, and a few tiny red spots... but it didn't look like blood.  

I didn't have a lot of time to "investigate" though, as I was at work in shared restroom.  I'm making a doctors appointment as soon as possible... but any ideas?  GROSS!!!

There are a few possibilities that I can think of for whitish slimy stools.Sometimes abnormality of our abdominal walls can cause such stools.But it is temporary and reverts back to normal after some time.Other causes may be gall bladder disease,celiac disease,passing of unprocessed fats in the stools or chronic pancreatitis.

If the symptoms persist then consultation of a gastroenterologist may be needed.Otherwise,eat healthy,nutritious food and avoid oily,heavy foods.

Hope it helps.Take care and regards.