"Stuck in throat" feeling, fever, weakness, loss of appetite--cancer?

About three weeks to a month ago I had this feeling that I had a fish bone stuck in my throat. It didn't feel very sharp (but not dull either, so there was a clear feeling), and I didn't experience extreme pain, but I did have a fever and some amount of pain accompany it. I had problems swallowing because of it and minor ear pain. The irritation in my throat was such that I lost my appetite and felt very weak. I felt a bitter taste in my mouth.

After a few (3-4) days, the feeling went away. Three days ago it returned, with the same symptoms as before (fever, ear pain, etc.). I am very worried it could be cancer. My family has a history of cancer, including throat cancer, and I am wondering if what I am experiencing is a sign of throat cancer. The feeling is in the same location as it was last time.

I do not have a history of clinically diagnosed thyroid problems, though I have always had difficulty breathing at night (usually needing to have something moist in my throat, like sugarless candy).

Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Something stuck in the throat feeling can be due to post nasal drip, if you have recurrent cold and sinusitis. It can also be gastric reflux due to weak esophageal sphincter or due to hiatal hernia. It can also be an allergic reaction to something you eat. You will need to consult your PCP and rule out these causes one by one. Hope this helps. Take care!
make sure it isn't something as simple as a pinched nerve in your neck
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.