Aa
A
A
Close
Sudden Thinning of Facial Skin Why?
I understand that thinning skin is part of the aging process, but I suddenly noticed that the skin on my face has thinned dramatically and I'm shocked.  I'm 35 and my mother who is 60 has firmer cheeks now than me.  I have always had a firm face and I'm shocked to feel how it's suddenly softened (probably just in the last 6 months).
Does anybody know what would cause this?  I also have been experiencing temperature changes when I'm on my period.  I just feel like something is not quite right and that for some reason the aging process has suddenly sped up in me.  I've been under a lot of stress for a few years now too.  Any insight would be appreciated.  Especially on how to reverse this.  Thanks.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
This sounds very much like a thyroid problem. I suggest you just go to your Dr. and ask for the blood test. It's very simple, and treatable if this is the problem.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
thank you for the quick response! okay, I will ask my doctor to check for thyroid issues.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
I'm in my early 30's and I also experiencing something like this. Lots of stress and anxiety over the last few years. Though I am seeing facial changes, the thinning is much more apparent in my body skin, especially my hands and even my feet/toes are wrinkled. I had my thyroid checked thoroughly and it's perfect. I suspect adrenal fatigue but even though I'm making some progress in the way I handle stress, things are worsening. Come back and let us know your progress. I would also like to think that skin can return to its previous state after proper treatment.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources