Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Sudden bruising on all my fingers/fingertips?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sudden bruising on all my fingers/fingertips?

I recently returned home from dining out and noticed that when I came home I suddenly had a sharp frontal headache, stomach discomfort with a severe diarrhea episode. Upon leaving the bathroom, I noticed that ALL of the fingers on only my right hand had begun to immediately bruise in spots on both the front and back and had swelled up quite a bit.

I really don't feel any pain on my fingers, and I don't recall any sort of sudden trauma to my hand recently, but I've never experienced anything like this before. I tried doing some research to see if bruising could be related to food allergies and found no connection.

I'm putting a cold compress on my fingers and I took a benadryl to hopefully help with the swelling, but I don't know if I should seek immediate medical attention or just play it by ear. Anyone know what would cause something so suddenly?
Related Discussions
5 Comments
Blank
i would go to see your doctor,it could be your blood circulation,or an infection
Blank
1268057_tn?1399131913
What did you eat?  Sounds like some type of allergic reaction or possible food poisioning.  

If it has not resolved by now; SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION ASAP!
Blank
Hi, I agree with Londres70 about the allergic reaction. You did the right thing by taking Benadryl. However I probably wouldn't use a cold compress on your hand. The bruising is most likely restricted blood vessels. This has the appearance of bruising. It will have patchy blue and purple areas. Due to lack of circulation in your hand causes the swelling. It is possible that you touched your food with your hand, hence the reaction. If at any time your face or respiratory system starts to swell or become inflamed have someone drive you straight to the ER. I see that 12 hours have passed by now and I hope your okay. Maybe this post will be of use to you in the future. Also, make a mental note of what you ate and avoid it in the future.
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
As Londres70 stated, if this has not completely resolved head for an emergency room.

If it ever happens again the drill is "call 911". Head for the ER.

It is impossible to determine the direction these problems go.
Blank
This sounds very vascular to mean, especially with the headache, and the bruising on the fingers with swelling.
This is seen in vascular disease.
Please get yourself checked out, as this needs a full evaluation.
Dont play around , go to the ER.
It could be allergy as this also plays with the circulation too. But either way allergy or vascular, they both need looking into sooner rather than later.
Best wishes
Nicola
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank