Sudden intense pain&burning in both legs
Hi:

I need help. I have had over 47 surgeries. Most orthopedic.My left knee has been replaced and the right knee is fused. I have fatique, muscle pain, myclonus seizures, cluster migraines, liver disease, and kidney disease. Here is what happened: I was sitting in my chair and got up to get a drink of water. As I stood up, I had extreme pain in my legs (most intense pain where the joints are or were), and the legs started to burn horribly. I couldn't stand. I sat back down and looked down, both my legs were bright red . Like an extreme sunburn. I couldn't move my legs correctly and the pain and burning was/is horrible. I have no idea what happened. I have had a lot of different pains and spams, etc. But, NOTHING like this. Does anyone have any ideas? The doctors are baffled. They think it's lupus, fibromyalgia, blah, blah, blah. But, this is different. I am scared. The lupus tests come back normal. Then the blood come back weird. Does anyone know what this could be and what kind of doctor I need to see? I really appreciate anyone's help, thoughts, anything. Thank you!!!! I am so desperate.
Sounds to me you need to see a nuerologist, you could have peripheal nuerapathy which is due to your liver disease, my husband has the same
problem,also you have arthritis,and you need to go to er doctor,they can call in a specialist, you need to have your legs looked at because their might blood clot forming, it also could phebitis which is another causes,and to give you emt ultrasound for you legs, and another symptoms are gout and that is also very painful, it could a infection, get butt to er  and insist they call  a specialist for you and  be adamant about, hope everything turns out
Thanks for the input. I greatly appreciate it!!!!!!
Hi there, have you received the blood test results? You stated they came back weird. This would provide evidence and possible clues to your recent event. Many things can cause the symptoms you experienced. Leg paresthesia could be one cause which is associated with pressure, entrapment or nerve diseases. Burning pain is a neuropathic pain type affecting nerves. Can you please tell me how long you were sitting for before you stood up and felt the pain. When you sat down again did this relieve the pain. Have you had this since that episode? Also are you Diabetic or have you had recent tests for this? It is possible you had pressure on the nerves from your lower spine while sitting which caused sudden pain however your current conditions can be a causitive factor in you experiencing this if you were sitting for some time. The redness could be ischaemia caused by sitting for too long.
Hi:

No I am not dibetic. I had been sitting about 20 mins. I have never had this before. I have had neuralgia before, but nothing like this. It was like trying to stand on burning sticks. I sat back down and raised my legs, and it eased up after about an hour. However, I had trouble walking the rest of the day. It was like my legs didn't want to work very well. I have deng. disc disease and have had siactica and problems. But, this was new and off the wall. It was really scary. They have been trying to figure out what autoimmune disease I have for almost a year now. It was strange. Thanks for getting back to me. I really appreciate it.
Today I had the intense leg burning with a lot of pressure where the knee joints are. It was accompanied by intense pain, pressure in my neck and collar bone. The pressure is as bad as the pain. Laying flat is all that seems to help. I have had a cervical fusion at C3-4,4-5 with a plate and screws. I don't know what is going on, but this is really awful and seems to be happening more ofter. The pain in my legs is a deep pain with burning and a lot of pressure where the joints are. I have had a total knee fusion on the left and leg fusion on the right. So there's no joint over there to really hurt. Any thoughts?
I meant total knee replacement on the left. and total fusion on the right. Sorry.
Hi there sorry its been awhile since I was online last but I wanted to get back to you to see if your situation has resolved. If not let me know and I will try and help further. The pain you are experiencing is called Neuropathic pain. It is the most difficult of all pain types to treat. Neuropathic pain is commonly described as burning pain and can also be referred pain which is actually caused from another site/area. Also how long ago was your last surgery and which area was that for? Which side of your neck/collabone was the pain? Have you had any swelling in any areas of your body eg; knees, lower legs, feet? Even though you have pain, do you also have any numbness in any area? Can you also please tell me your age if you dont mind. Sorry I am asking more questions but it provides a much clearer picture with more info. Thanks