Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Sudden sleeping spells especially on buses....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

6909267?1305508854
this happens to me i fall asleep suddenly on the bus, but not just on the bus,
its weird, i mean i blink to stay awake but it feels like a heavy sheet blocking out some light, and it wont return to my eyes until i close them and what feels to me like a minute, is actually ten!
when I was doing my gcses in an english lesson it happened, previously it was only buses, or when watching movies in alesson, when the strength or wave of the light could have possible changed but that time was in an extreamly bright class room, and i gave up fighting closed my eyes and woke to being kicked in the leg by a friend, I'd been a sleep for five minutes? but to me it was just a long blink?
it never happens at home, unless i have eaten a pile of carbs but its different as i don't get the eye fog.
it's weird i was just wondering if any of you get this feeling?
I wake and I'm like what it was only a second, a long blink.
but I've been noticing them more, around computers and at college where i am now preparing for my final show.
i have tonnes of computer work but every time i go on i get this head thing... but at home under non florescent light i can go on  the computer for ages?
help its been happening since year seven, and getting increasingly annoying as it increases in persistentancy.

1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Excess day time sleep can be due to sleep disorders—so that the sleep is interrupted. Bouts of sleep can also be a type of seizures. Extreme fatigue as in anemia, tiredness, excess work load, short sleep hours, hypothyroidism, and diabetes could be the other causes.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. You will need blood tests to rule out these conditions, may need sleep studies and should look into your schedule work schedule to see if you are overburdened. Take care!