Sudden upper right quadrant pain, weird red spots on skin?
I developed a small rash on my side two weeks ago, started out as just some raised bumps, not itching or anything. It very quickly spread across my side, and now itches. I've put hydrocortisone on it which made it start to shrink. My sister (a nurse) thought maybe it was a delayed allergic response to my tattoo, which i got in early August. I also started a new birth control (nongestimate and ethinyl estradiol) a little over a month ago (was taking yaz before).

However, yesterday I started having moderate to severe upper right quadrant pain, stabbing feeling, where my gallbladder used to be (had it removed a year ago, low functioning) and today there is a circular red rash right over the area where the pain is centralized. It's hot, extremely tender to the touch, not itchy at all. In between stabbing pain it almost feels like i have bruised or broken ribs. I've also lost my appetite (maybe just because this is creeping me out/painful).

I can't get in to see my doctor until next Weds, and I really don't want to go sit in the ER for six hours, which is what the appointment girl strongly suggested i do.

is this an allergic reaction? something connected to my lack of a gallbladder? I'd really like some guidance, thank you in advance!
go to the er it sounds like something they need to at least ultrasound of course you don't want to go no one does but in this case i think you better  take care
Good Morning!  How are you feeling?  My 19 year old son had your same symptoms to a "T."  Turned out he had a mild case of shingles.  I suggrst you go to an urgent care facility if you don't want the long wait time in the ER.  

kindest regards,

Elliot777
it's shingles and it's HORRIBLE. thanks :(