Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Sulphuric/ Eggy burps and stomach cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I found the above  topic last night at this same forum, though its dated 6 yrs back and I couldnt find anything more recent as I was searching for an answer to my own problem of the foulest burps that ever existed, then comes the diarhea (diarrhea) and finally the vomitting. For me this can last up to two or three days. I was so relieved to find that other people have and are experiencing these same symptoms. Though im worried that no one has found and answer, maybe they have, as I said, the only forum I found for this is on this web site and its 6 yrs old. Im hoping someone has some new answer to this same problem. Its dibilitating when it happens, hard to go to work while im busy crapping and puking myself to half to death. Again, the burps are the absolute worst, those alone taste so bad its enough to make me sick and the sulphuric smell is just awful. Really its like im farting out my mouth. Hopefully after 6 yrs someone has some kind of real answer to this problem.

Thk you.
Viewing 1-200 comments:
Yes, I've had this lovely condition for over 20 years.  I thought I was the only one.  The foul, sulfuric rotten egg/bad red wine burps and flatulence (and diarrhea) are mortifying.  I  have studied the entire human body (in my profession), and have close friendships with several internists.  However, I have no health insurance.  Based on what I've studied and have been told, the most likely culprits are gastroparesis (very slow emptying of the stomach) OR gall bladder disease.  It is true that when your stomach retains its food load an excessively long time, the contents can somewhat "ferment."  I also have been told that bile typically tastes sulfuric.  So, I am no closer to reaching a conclusion.  Keep in mind, though, that fatty, rich, or even spicy foods can irritate conditions such as gastroparesis and gall bladder.  You simply may have to avoid these foods, and avoid eating massive amounts of food at one sitting.  There also are medications that help reduce the likelihood of spasm of the stomach's outlet.  Of course, you may require gallbladder ultrasound, etc.
Hydrogen sulfide is what smells like rotten eggs. While I have only smelled that smell once and don't remember it, I do have the "egg burps" and have gotten sick that way.

The last time I did, it stayed with me, so that I nearly swore off of chicken, since it started after I ate some slightly uncooked chicken I didn't know was slightly uncooked until I got further in. I'm guessing that it was salmonella, but perhaps not such a bad strain.

The term of illness was intermittent and came with some nausea, but I never vomited. (I do have a strong constitution.) Again, I guess salmonellosis, though I can't prove it. Salmonella is a hydrogen sulfide producer, though.

Regi dG
A Microbiology student
Gastroparesis! Apparently it is not profitable enough to warrant more research.
not a cause of cancer  smell of rotten eggs
I'm sure at this point (2 years later) you may not even have the same email address, but I wanted to chime in here.  I had very similar symptoms. I was prescribed zantac for years, until a doctor finally figured out I have Celiac Disease. Obviously not saying that you have it, but once I cut out gluten from my diet (that caused all of the villi in my small intestine to lie flat), I immediately stopped having any symptoms. Worth a quick blood test to find out if you might be a candidate.
My husband has been suffering for 9 years (off and on) with these same rotten egg burps, stomach pain, diarrhea, then vomitting  and no one has really been able to help him.  The interesting thing is that about a year ago, my son (ten yrs old) and I joined him and are having the same symptoms except that I don't vomit.  Our other younger children often have diarrhea but no other symptoms, so I don't know if it is related or something completely different.  In discovering that we are not alone in this, I find hope that we may have answers.  My husband is at the Doctor's office now discussing this repeated illness.  Thank you all for your experiences and theories.  We will see what we can find.  If anyone knows more, I'd love to hear it.  THANK YOU!
I'm so glad I found this website!  I'm 36 years old and I've been suffering from the following for almost 8 years now:  eggy/sulfuric burps (Hydrogen sulfide), the nastiest burps you could ever have, adbominal pain (always follows after I've started burping), vomiting and diarrhea (the vomiting and diarrhea are not always the same in intensity).

The doctors are stumped.  We have tried Acid-Reflux medication (which I have also), then tried some other things and nothing worked.  This sickness keeps coming back and back and back again.  The most recent discussion from my doctor was to try: Metoclopramide and Dicylomine.  The Dicyclomine has helped rear back some of the pain, but it hasn't helped stop the main source of the problem.  At least I'm not ending up in the Emergency room, which I normally end up at.  

One of you said "Based on what I've studied and have been told, the most likely culprits are Gastroparesis (very slow emptying of the stomach).  Stomach retains its food load an excessively long time, the contents can somewhat "ferment."  I've haven't hear of this yet, but I'll check into this.  I'm just glad finally to see other people suffering from this thing.  I'm going to try to lose some weight and try to stop eating a lot at one time, which I do.  Eating 'chicken' and or 'spicy foods' seems to not be good!

PS:  Do any of you vomit yellowish substance, and does it smell really bad?  
I am on day 2 of an occurance of this routine. I have had this off and on for many years, and often thought that it might be gall bladder related. The yellowish substance could be bile from the gall bladder. It is not only very uncomfortable, very nasty, and makes work difficult, but it has not been determined that I have gall stones, or gall bladder issues. I recently had a very thorough check up with my PCP, and she had a gall bladder ultrasound done. Nothing was found. I have yet to determine any specific foods that start this.
For those who are suffering wth these symptoms,, you need to ask your doctors to run a test for all types of bacterial, protazoa,  and parasitic infection including campyoblasters. I had a friend who got these types of symptoms every time she ate taco bells nacho grande or wendy's salad... its GOT to be a type of transmittable infection that some people are more sensative to than others. I would suggest you look also into animal health issues with these symptoms because often things that are easily recognized by a vet in animals, goes completely overlooked by human medicine doctors simply because its not as common in people as animals.

*Best wishes and holding space for a full recovery!*
Hello Everyone:

Jennifer375 - I have run the backterial, protazoe and similar tests and found nothing.  I've had my gall bladder checked, done an endoscope, done a colonoscopy, and still....I get nothing.  I'm suffering from these attacks at least once every other month now, which is the most frequent.  I just want to end these attacks....once and for all.  

PS:  Dicyclomine does seem to give me pain relief and keeps me from ending up in the Emergency room; but again, I need to find the source of this problem!

I am 23 years old and I have been suffering from the same off and on symptoms since I was about 19. The first time it happened I was at work and ended up having to go home. That was the only time that I had diarrhea and vomiting. My mother whom did not live with me had to come get me so that I didnt have to drive. She says that was the first and only time one of her children vomitted in front of her and she almost vomitted from the smell.

Since then, all I get are the nasty, disgusting burps for a couple of hours or maybe even a day then it goes away. I can not put my finger on a certain food or anything that causes it. I had apendicitis 1 year ago too. I don't now if they are related. Does anyone that gets these symptoms had their apendix removed? I just had the burps this morning and it is soooooo embarrassing. What is going on with all of us. It sure is a releif to hear others have these nasty burps but I sure would like an answer. Please let me know if you do. My email is ***@**** luck to us all :)
My husband has been suffering this type of ailment ever since he had a appendix removed. It took them a year to finally REMOVE the appendix which at that point had formed an abcess (abscess). Once removed he suffered a bowel obstruction post operatively related to an adhesion. Since then it appears that he suffers periodic obstructions triggered by who knows what. He does suffer from GERD and I can't help but feel some sort of food allergy triggers the bloating/burping and due to adhesions it then temporarily cuts off the flow of his GI track? Any other ideas? We've confirmed it is not any other ailment such as Crohns, diverticulitis, cancer, gallbladder etc. If indeed it is scar tissue are there  physicians utilizing mesh to prevent adhesions from adhering to surrounding tissues? It is incredibly frustrating for all of us as we never know if he will have a complete obstruction and once again require lysis of adhesions and it seems to strike out of no where.
I'm 64.  I just started getting the H2S burps about a year ago.  I notice they come with VERY rare (black & blue) steak or eating large quantities of fatty foods in one sitting.  I did some on line research and found that there are some bacteria normally living in the gut of some people that will turn undigested food into H2S gas.  They say that they are not life or health threatening but I don't believe that.  I think that there is some digestive process in me that is breaking down and allowing undigested food to reach the gut.

I'm betting that if I get a handle on the digestive problem the H2S will go away.
I have had the same problem for about a month now, when I was younger (about ten or eleven) I had the 'eggy burps' usually after I had been particularly sick with one of the strains of flu (particularly stomach flu) just recently it got worse, it was non-stop hell for a day and a half, and now that I have just recently started eating properly again, I've noticed that there is always one connection to this problem (for me anyway, it could be different for everyone) if I eat any type of cheese, I start getting the most disgusting burps, than comes the cramping in my stomach and finally diarrhea and vomiting. I've visited the doctor and he has told me to cut all dairy out of my diet for at least a month, it has been better, but I am still recovering from my last bout three or four days ago. Hopefully my doctor can figure this out, not only is it painful, but I miss so much work from being sick all the time...
GOD! I pray that we can figure out what is wrong with us! I have done SO MUCH research online and have found alot of people that have these problems but none know what it is from and are looking for answers like the rest of us. This is debilitating! It feels like I am in labor. The burps that are disgusting enough alone to make you vomit, the stomach "contractions" then the vomiting. I can't take it anymore! I need answers. Everyone always tells me to go to the ER but I know there is nothing they can do for it. It's basically just a day of suffering. When this all started, it was at least 2-4 times a week for almost 3 months! The last time it happened was 4 months ago until last week and now this evening. It is so disheartening to know that you are about to go through hell. You know as soon as those burps start, you are very shortly going to be in SO MUCH pain. It hurts so bad that I sweat and scream. I have three children I have to take care of and my baby watches me in this pain and I can only imagine what he is thinking! Please, if any of you have any answers, PLEASE! I can't take this anymore. My e-mail is: L A N I E O S U    at    Y A H O O . C O M

HELP!
P.S. I have been checked for EVERY bacteria under the sun and have had my gall bladder removed.
Hey guys, I'm new to this site. I have to say I was really shocked that anyone else was experiencing what I've been experiencing all my life. I thought I was the only one. This eggy smell (I've always called it that), has been happening to me since I was in elementary school. Probably about 4th or 5th grade. It would vary (still varies) on how much it would happen. Sometimes it would be once every month, twice every month, once every three months. Very sporadic. That's also when my dizzy spells started. I'm 19 now (almost 20) and my stomach has gotten worse. Now I have this horrible gurgling in my chest and throat area. It feels like all this pressure, like this intense need to burp. I get heartburn A LOT. And now I have muscle spasms in my stomach sometimes. I get constipated a lot. There used to be blood in my stool (probably because the stool was so hard it would tear me up). Now I'm nauseous more often (still getting that eggy smell). I don't have much of an appetite anymore, my clothes are looser than they used to be. It's not a dramatic weight loss. It says on the scale that I still weigh the same. But my clothes are getting looser. I get mucus sometimes in my stool. Sometimes when I have a BM, it sometimes looks like little white worms embedded  in my stool. I was thinking maybe I have a tapeworm or something since I know people can sometimes get it from fleas. My cats have fleas and I remember throwing up a flea onetime. How I ingested it, I do not know. I'm supposed to have a colonoscopy and an endoscopy on march 13th. But my bowels aren't really bothering me that much anymore. It's more my upper regions. 3 or 4 other doctors agree that I'm too young for a colonoscopy (which I agree). But do you all think I should get an endoscopy? I just got a kit for stool samples today. I've also have a lot of cbc's done. In december, my white cell count was SLIGHTLY elevated. All the doctor's say that's nothing. My thyroid and celiac levels were also tested. My celiac levels were slightly elevated. But I'm wondering about these worms things in my stool. That is just weird and creepy. Have any of you ever had an endoscopy? How well does it work? What's it like to have one?

Thanks!
A possible solution...
After suffering from this for a week, and losing about 7 pounds in the process, I did more research and am hopeful that I have found a viable solution.

I am a believer in food as medicine (and poison in the right circumstances.)  Dr. Gillian McKeith out of the UK has a wonderful book called "You Are What You Eat" that helped me to solve some glucose issues that I was having.  (Ignore her TV show on BBCAmerica.  It is ridiculous and sensational, but entertaining.)  I turned to her book once more and this is what I've discovered...

The spleen is the energy battery of the body.  It is responsible for digesting nutrients along with the stomach, recycling old red blood cells into iron for the blood, and keeping bad bacteria out of the system that can cause colds, flu, etc.

My spleen is exhausted. After an extremely stressful year (and hasn't everyone with these symptoms cried "Stress!"), I am tired and sick.  I believe that I did contract Salmonella earlier in the year and have never fully regained full health, especially in my spleen.  Limping along, my spleen is unable to give me iron for energy, immunize me against sickness (I've been sick for a solid month and 1/2, including this eggy burp/diarrhea thing), and digest anything (the diarrhea.)

To heal my spleen, Dr. McKeith recommends taking acidophilus, drinking warm herbal tea and water, and eating the following list of foods to nourish the spleen:
aduki beans
yellow squash
mung beans
kidney beans
alfalfa
lychees
barley
millet
beets
oats
carrots
parsley
celery
parsnips
chicken
pumpkin
fennel
root vegetables
fish
sweet potatoes
turnips
yams
leafy greens
algae
kale
chard

Spices:
garlic (except for those of you who suspect it acerbates the situation, I would guess)
black pepper
ginger
cayenne pepper
ginseng
cinnamon
horseradish
dill seed
pau d'arco
astragalus

In addition, I am taking a digestive enzyme, avoiding alcohol, caffeine, dairy and acidic foods and drinking a vitamin/energy shake at least 3 mornings a week.  

I'll let you know how it goes.
Blessings and good health to you all,
Mikko
I have been getting these symptoms now for 18 months, but i don't get the vomiting or the stomach pain, It is very embarrassing though as when i get 'eggy breath' i get really bad 'eggy wind'    I  cut out caffine years ago, i don't drink and only eat plain and simple foods, nothing spicey or fancy, I end up taking indegestion remedies and this does help.  It just seems to appear every couple of weeks, surely someone knows a genuine  reason for this problem and a cure

sooty
Could it be an advanced case of Indigestion?
hello all,
I also suffered these disgusting eggy burps, diahrea, and  stomach cramps and vomiting. Its absolutely terrible. I ended up in the ER once for dehydration (couldn't even keep water down). Mine would usually happen after eating at Mexican food restaurants, I was eating it quite frequently (once a week?). I'd feel very full and then get the belching- i'd know i'd be deathly sick for the next 24 hours. I would be sick about every 3 weeks!! Terrible.
After scopes, tests and everything dr.'s tried coming up negative...i finally tried cutting cilantro. One of the spices used in a  lot of Mexican foods. I haven't been sick for over a year. I've cut caffeine. I'm also trying to eat lots of fruits and veggies.
*Chipotle uses cilantro in their rice. I ask for plain rice.
Please consider that your body is intolerant to a spice or herb. I read a post that a man was intolerant of All-Spice.
It could be coincidence, but at least I'm happy and healthy.
Has anyone here looked into giardiasis?  It's a fairly common bacterial disease that will cause the sulfur burps and ongoing explosive diarrhea.  It seems that if you don't treat it, it has the potential to go on for years, as the bacteria have their own life cycle and the symptoms will change depending on where in their life cycle, they are.  It comes from bad water or other sources.   In the past, when I was traveling in India and other Third World countries, that taking activated charcoal ( it comes in capsules and tablets) for a couple of days really helped me, while my traveling partners were off to the doctors for strong anitbiotics.  Which I believe is the only 'accepted' way to treat it.  So ask your doctor to test you for that!  Better to know than to suffer with this for any amount of time.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/giardiasis/article_em.htm
ps....  i should warn you that if you use the charcoal, it will turn your stool nice and black...  just the charcoal getting from point A to point B.   Along the way it absorbs toxins etc.  and I've always been a fan.   Good luck!
Hey i'm 18 and have been suffering from the same symptoms as everyone else for about 4 months. It has become more and more regular and more painfull each time. recently i've had it twice in 4 days. I had my appendix removed two years ago and before christmas was diagnosed with being allergic to all cows products, so no dairy or beef etc. I'm working in Guernsey at the moment and was wandering if it was worth the effort of paying to go and see a doctor or if they would be able to help me at all?
i occasionallysuffer from the stinky burps too,
and i think ive found a cure...............
a cup of water and spoonful of andrews liver salts  had a cup this morning and hey presto it's gone!
I just recently experienced about 5-6 days of diarrhea and odd tasting and smelling burps which I have always said were kind of 'nutty' tasting.  I don't know if it is the same thing you all are discussing, but I first had this happen 35 years ago, within a few months of moving to Arizona. That occurrence involved diarrhea, very strong vomiting, and fever, and the taste and smell of the burps I mentioned. At that time a doctor 'suggested' that it might have been Valley Fever, which was getting a lot of notice at the time here in Phoenix, and there was no way to confirm it as it had pretty much worked its course by the time we could get into the county hospital (free clinic) to see a doctor. I have had similar symptoms, never as severe and most often without the vomiting, 7-10 times in the last 35 years. I usually have the weird burps for a day or two before the diarrhea sets in, so it is like a WARNING to me of what is to come. There was only one occurrence about 20 years ago when this occurred and saw a doctor about 3 days into it, and she said it was food poisoning, either from the raw eggs or rancid oil I made home-made mayonnaise with. Last Wednesday it started again, and, again, took a couple of days for the diarrhea to start and after 3 days of on-again/off-again diarrhea, I didn't eat anything for 24 hours and drank only water. Gladly, after about 28 hours I ate something and have been fine since then. I have no taste when I burp now, either. I don't know if this helps anyone else, but when I had the confirmed food poisoning, that is what my doctor prescribed; clear liquids only for at least 24 hours and PLENTY OF WATER.
I am in shock that there is so many people out there that are having the same issues I am.. The stomach cramps are terrible, the burps are gross and running back and forth to the bathroom is draining.   All the doctors can tell me know is that I have IBS.  Before I had removed my gall bladder in 2006 that was the favored diagnosis.  By the way they wouldn't have found my gall bladder needed to come out if it wasn't for the nuclear scan.. I will try just about anything to some get relief,  Water doesn't help it seems like it puts more pressure on my stomach,  If anyone has anything else I can try please let me know,.  
So, I finally went to a doctor and had myself checked out.  After some discussion, I found out it is not my spleen (as I had previously posted) but I have h. pylori, a bacteria that lives in the lining of the stomach, causing my issues.  You can look up h. pylori on Wikipedia, but essentially 2/3 of the world's population has this issue.  Apparently it wasn't really looked into, or taken seriously, until the last 20 years since scientists didn't believe that anything could live in the acidic environment of the stomach.

My dr. told me that my body could fix itself, but that might take a year or two.  She associates the onset after a bad bout of the stomach virus or the flu.  She told me that many people associate it with heart burn that never gets better or sometimes gets worse.  Anyway, there is a test for it (which told me I was positive) and now I am on a course of two antibiotics and a proton pump inhibitor.  Lucky for me, I'm allergic to one of the antibiotics, so I get to be nauseous for the course of the medication -- 2 weeks.

Hope that this helps.
Mikko
I have had nausea & diarrhea for 7 days now.  I have had an odor on my breath that I finally decided was "eggy" this morning.  So, I was (here it comes) shocked to find this website.  I wasn't sure what the issue was, although I admit I was scared.  The pain is immense.  I ate some fresh blueberries last night and after a bowel movement this morning, I saw all of them, undigested floating in the bowl.  I will alter my diet and reduce my portions.  It is discouraging that this may not be "curable".  Because of the pain, I will notify my physician this morning.  I'm sure he will want to run some tests.  
The cause of this lovely ailment is a little intestinal bug. Toxins created by the bacteria causes temporary paralysis of the small intestine, and it loses motility. You can actually listen with a stethoscope, and the normal bowel sounds are absent. The contents of the small intestine ferment, and gas from the fermentation process backs up into the stomach. One  usually has to hide out for 2 days, until it clears up. It's best to avoid solid food in the interim.

I have had this exact problem for 10 years now.  It has become more frequent over the last few years.  I have had my gall bladder removed so thats not it.  I just got tested for H Pylori which I was sure was it.  The breath test came back negative.  The burps are disgusting but the cramping is terrible (like labor but with no breaks).  The vomiting is almost a relief b/c it stops the cramping.  I vomit until yellow bile and then dry heaves follow.  I don't understand how so many people have these symptoms with no diagnosis.  My doctor wants and endoscope perfomed but I am currently w/o Health Insurance and just spent $600.00 on blood work which didn't indicate any problems.  I think we should start sharing other medical problems so we can see if there are any common factors.  I am female, 36 yrs old, have acid reflux regularly, am a normal weight, have a tyroid disease and have had gall bladder removed.  No other problems.
I know it is rubbish for all of you, but I am so glad I have found other people who suffer from this very odd and very specific set of symptoms.
I have IBS, but I dont associate these bouts (the eggy wind, etc) with IBS. It is just different, it is so much more exhausting. My IBS is bad, but it is a constant thing almost predictable. This however is much more vicious. I had an endoscopy and biopsy for coeliac disease - both negative (although I have cut out gluten anyway as it makes me bloated.)
Interestingly, I am a vegan, so I eat no meat or dairy. So as far as Im concerned, none of these foodstuffs can be the culprit.
My gastro doctor once told me that the symptoms I describe (and that you all do too) is a stomach bacteria which is associated with tropical countries. I have never been to one! Also he said that it is usually totally killed off by the antibiotic Metranidazole. Again, I am at a loss - I have taken this antibiotic on and off for many years, for another condition which I have. So again, it makes no sense.
I hope that someone, somewhere, takes us seriously. The thing I find most odd is that I go to sleep absolutely fine and then as soon as I wake up I know it is going to be one of these days, as soon as I have the taste. I will be on the loo the whole day. I rarely vomit but the diarrhoea is the worst I have ever had. And the next morning, I will wake up and it will be like nothing has happened. I find it frustrating that it is so infrequent and unpredictable that I never get the chance to have tests done.
Take care all

ITS A SHAME WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH THIS. I HAD THE SAME DISGUSTING EGG BURPS, DISGUSTING DIARRHEA & VOMITING (SOMETIMES PROJECTILE). IT WENT ON FOR WEEKS @ A TIME & THEN IT MAY GO AWAY OR NOT. I CANT AFFORD THE RIDICULOUS PRICES TO HAVE ANY INSURANCE SO I PAY OUT OF POCKET. (IM NOT A MOOCH BC I KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO PAY FOR OTHER PEOPLES 'FREE RIDE') ANYWAY, THANK GOD MY DOCTOR WAS GENEROUS ENOUGH TO GIVE ME PLENTY OF PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION SAMPLES W/OUT EVEN HAVING TO ASK. SHE GAVE ME ACIPHEX & ANOTHER ONE OF WHICH I CANT REMEMBER THE NAME TO SAVE MY LIFE. (SORRY, IF I THINK OF IT ILL POST IT HERE) ANYWAY, THEY BOTH SEEMED TO HELP THE SYMPTOMS TO GO AWAY. AGAIN, THIS MIGHT NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE BUT IT COULDNT HURT TO TRY THE ACIPHEX. I TOOK 1 A DAY & IT HELPED TREMEDOUSLY. I HAVENT HAD AN EPISODE IN A VERY LONG TIME. IF I DO FEEL LIKE ITS COMING ON I POP AN ACIPHEX & IT GOES AWAY. I WAS NEGATIVE ON THE H PYLORI TEST & IM NOT ALLERGIC TO GLUTEN. IVE HEARD ALOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE COMPLAIN ABOUT CHICKEN. IT WOULDNT SURPRISE ME W/ THE PATHETIC, UNSANITARY & CRUEL WAY THEY TREAT OUR MEAT CHICKENS & MEAT COWS. THEY PUMP THEM FULL OF HORMONES & GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE. THE GOVT SHOULD HAVE THEIR *** HANDED TO THEM FOR "APPROVING" THESE ANIMALS AS SAFE MEAT FOR CONSUMPTION. NOW THE COMMERCIAL MILK & DAIRY FARMERS ARE PISSED B/C SOME FOOD COMPANIES ARE LABELING THEIR DAIRY PRODUCTS AS HORMONE-FREE. THESE LARGE COMPANIES DONT WANT US TO KNOW THIS BC IT WILL SEND THEM UNDER & THEY KNOW IT. YOU ALL HAVE MY SYMPATHY & BEST WISHES ON RECOVERY. ITS THE MOST HORRIBLE SICKLY FEELING YOULL EVER EXPERIENCE. I LITERALLY THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE A FEW TIMES. MY HUSBAND HAD TO PICK ME UP OFF THE BATHROOM FLOOR FROM ALMOST PASSING OUT FROM DEHYDRATION (FROM CONSTANT DIARRHEA & VOMITING) & TAKE ME TO THE ER. THEY RAN TESTS & STILL COULDNT FIGURE IT OUT. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL & I HOPE YOULL GIVE LOTS OF THOUGHT & DO SOME RESEARCH ON OUR "FDA APPROVED" MEATS & PRODUCE. (HOW MANY OUTBREAKS HAVE WE HAD IN THE LAST FEW YRS W/ SALMONELLA ETC., TAINTING OUR PRODUCE SUPPLY?????) CASE & POINT MADE.  
It's so clear to the you all have the beginning's of Gastroperesis which I have had for 3 years and suffer those burp's to this day.  I'm at the point of being evaluated for a Pacer.  A radio-active bisqit test will show low motility causing these terrible burps.
I have suffered these same symptoms, except at first I didn't get the eggy burps I just woke up in the morning one day and felt like I had to have a bowel movement and once I went, I started feeling nauseated,had terrible upper stomach cramps,started to sweat everywhere and shake, I felt like I was going to die,I felt awful until I vomited then I would feel  better except for awful smelling watery diarrhea for a few more hours....Then it would keep happening out of nowhere it would skip a couple weeks..or months.. the attacks would either wake me from my sleep or it would be when I got up in the morning...But then I started getting the eggy burps,usually the night before...that was my warning to the hell that I would awake too....Anyway I had all sorts of tests done...the first gastro dr. I saw said it was IBS..whatever...so I got another opinion and she said it sounded like my gallbladder...so I had the gallbladder functioning test done,and had my gallbladder removed in January 2008 I haven't gotten sick since or had the eggy burps since until yesterday morning but I did see posts in here about mexican food the night before this episode I ate at Taco John's don't know if there is a connection.......so who knows what is going on with us...I just hope it is found out soon...its not an easy way to live...we all know that....Sorry for the long posting....Good luck to everyone,and I hope we can find out what is putting us through this hell....
I have had the same problem since I was in elementary school and now I'm 37. The egg burps seem to come on after I eat take out foods, too much greasy food, large amounts of pop, and in some cases chicken. My stomach distends during the process and feels like it is going to explode and then the final result (after I have alienated my entire family and friends from the killer egg farts) is diarrhea. The bout usually lasts 24 hours and I have to keep to a bland diet the next day or it will recur. It must be genetic, a result of food allergies, or some commonality in our reaction to foods becuase 3 out of 4 of my children have it too. I believe that it comes from our body chemical make-up becuase my eldest daughter and husbland have never had this and seem to have an alkyline chemistry while I and my other 3 children seem to have an acidic one.
I wondered about Celiac Disease becuase my brother was just diagnosed with it but the stomach parasitic condition seems to match up as well. Certainly, select foods would trigger the parasitic reaction.

I also often wondered if tomato sets it off because I used to eat a lot of ketchup as a child (and so do my children) and I now eat tomatoes on certain things( and I seem to have a reaction after). The frequency of the symptoms have waned since childhood, but the severity is stronger now. My father used to say that his uncle had similar problems and he was told (in the early 1900's) that he was allergic to butter. This also matches my reactions to popcorn and buttered dinner rolls and toast (too much of which triggers the egg burps). Perhaps it is a combination of foods. I don't know. But is it ever a relief that there are so many of you who share my unbelievably weird condition.
thank god other people get this i was begining to think i was alien.

my symptoms

pain in intestines
bloating
eggy belching

i havent had the runs yet thankfully and when i do get it it lasts usually no more than a day.....ive had it around six months now  and i can tell you its six months too long.

the worst part has to be the pain....its not cramps its like a sore pain in my intestines.

horrible :(  
I knew I was not the only one who suffered from what my family calls "The Burps"  because I had a boyfriend as a teenager who also had them.  Ever since I got them though I have not found anyone else who knows what they are or what causes them and when I have mentioned it to my doctor he has no idea what I mean, I keep telling myself I need to go see him when I am having an episode but never seem to be able to.  I have never had the severe stomach cramping or vomiting until my last episode though and I have had "The Burps" for about 19 years now.  My kids swear it happens when I eat eggs as I had them on Easter a few years back and it continues to be an episode they will never forget as they were stuck in the car with me for two hours.  I don't believe it to be caused by any particular food that I eat but I do know if I go to bed too soon after eating a very gassy type food such as eggs, cabbage, beans etc. that I wind up with "The Burps" in the morning.  The last episode with the cramping and the vomiting was horrible, though I do have to say I much preferred the vomiting as that seemed to ease the cramping, though the smell from that was more foul than the burps that had preceded it for 2 days.  It seems that the older I am getting the worse the episodes are and the longer they are lasting.  Also another thing is if I lay down flat they seem to ease up as well.  Though with the cramping this last time I wasn't able to do that because the pain was too bad.     I hope that someone somewhere figures out exactly what it is we all have and puts a name to it, it is very frustrating to not know what is wrong and not being able to explain to people why you can't go out places to come to work.  
I had this about 10 years ago off and on for about a year. My doctor said it was most likely Helicobacter pylori and gave me strong antibiotics. I haven't had any symptoms since.
I'm wondering if the reason the antibiotic worked for you is because, even if you do have helio. pylori, you may also have had the hydrogen sulfide producing bacteria called "solobacterium moorei" which habitates in the mouth.  If you did have this, the antibiotics may have killed it (i.e., the s. moorei).  Please keep us posted.
I have stopped eating dairy products (no milk, no cheese, no chocolate, etc..) and I have noticed that it has gone away.  The only time it comes back is if I mess up and eat something that has a dairy product in it (eggs are in everything).

I have found that it does indeed help to change the diet and to eliminate several foods (dairy being one of the main ones).  But mostly I have been helped by avoiding any foods with sulfites, whether in the preservatives or naturally occuring(such as potato chips).  You see-- I've found that I have sulfite sensitivity which causes me not to be able to convert hydrogen sulfide(rotten egg) smelling sulfites into odorless sulFATES.  In addition, I continue to use a mouthwash that kills s. moorei. I've had to replenish and straighten out my nutients, also!
Wow, I just goggled and found these posts.  My four year old has been having these horrific smelling burps and I feel so bad for him.  He had reflux and projectile vomiting as an infant and grew out of it when he was a tot.  A week ago, he started having these foul odor burps and threw up green mucus stuff.  He had been to an Awana Christmas party and eaten some cookies that the kids frosted themselves.  I assumed that this is why he got sick...  eating too many cookies or too much frosting.  However, he continues having these burps.  He has severe allergies and takes allergy meds daily.  After reading these posts, I am going to call his pediatrician and also may take him to see a good friend of mine that is a nutritionist.  Please let me know if you have heard of anyone this young with these symptoms.  
***@****
Thanks for sharing.  Sorry about your little boy.  You know-- I had heard something similar about a baby on one of those "Medical Mysteries" or "Mystery Diagnosis" shows that comes on the Discovery Health channel and sometimes on The Learning Channel.  I forget what the details were, but the baby was cured.  I wish there were some way to get in touch with that show.
well i just went through all the posts and it still seems that we dont really have a conclusion to this, i mean it's like all over the board. i'm suffering from this as i write here today. and i'm fed up. i never use to be sick at all, very seldom did i ever get the flu not till just about three years ago. I was with some friend playing basketball and i noticed some nasty burps at the time it's funny i could only describe them as if i just burped up some bad lucky charms cerel. it went on for a few hours just the burps then stomach pain and very violent vomiting occured it seemed to last about 24 hours.but then your body is so exahausted it takes another 24 hours just to get back to yourself. since then three years ago i get it at least once every six months.once even putting me in the E.R. for dehydration and sever stomach pain like none i've ever wittnessed the worse thing about this is before the worst happens it always begins with the nasty burps.and you just know hell is on it's way it's like theres nothing you can do to stop it. i've tried it all.  not that it matters cause we still can't come up with a solution,will list my symtoms (symptoms). cause it did help ease a little bit to see that other people expierecne the same thing.

Nasty burps(rotten egg) (lucky charms)
diarrhrea
violent vomiting( bile) when no food left to throw up.
sweats
weakness-
I also have had my appendix taken out about 5 years ago. i dont know if this means anything or not.just another commonality with others on here. i've also noticed in the last few years a lot of sinus drainage.i once had this problem when i was a kid from about the age of 5 to 10 then it disappeard.but now it's back. don't know if there a connection there either.i guess i will try to change my diet. see what happens with that. good luck to everyone who is suffering. lets help each other find a solution to this madness.
I was fascinated to read all your comments here (thanks :) as I have in the last year returned from India where I had EXactly all the above for the first time (trigger?).

I had to very reluctantly eventually resort to fierce antibiotics to shift it. I have just spent Christmas in London and yep it returned with a vengeance for 24 hours whilst there :( Starting with the bloating or slow emptying stomach, then the foul sulfuric burps, massive watery diarrhoea etc...ending with the vomiting of bile and an instant feeling of having then 'got it out'! *phew :)*

I have always being sensitive to certain foods so I designed a specific two week exclusion diet that really works to address which foods trigger. I am always happy to share this diet with anyone who asks so contact me on my myspace site or here :) However, over the years and being reasonably healthy you tend to get a bit complacent and start eating food stuffs you probably shouldn't, what you all say above in the main makes perfect sense.

Anyway, just wanted to add my experience of same.

I was looking at an interesting book in the bookstore the other day that outlined a specific diet for people's blood types. Ironically, the items that it recommended to exclude from my diet are the ones that I suspect are causing my egg burp, etc. I am blood type A and the recommendations the book had for proper digestion and avoidance of digestive problems were things like avoiding tomatoes, corn, lots of dairy, large amounts of red meats (it recommended more fish, but only certain types), certain beverages (recommended drinking green tea and coffee), wheat products (recommended eating whole grains), processed sugars and chocolates, and some other things that I forget right now. I'm considering going back to buy the book because I think my digestive system will thank me for it. Interestingly, it commented that Type A blood is iron deficient (which I have been all my life) and recommended certain vegetables etc that are high in iron that can help me. It recommended peanut products and spinach, broccoli etc as acceptable forms of iron ingestion that will not upset my slow digestive system (which, by the way, is also a characteristic of Blood Type A). I was literally blown away by this book, as you can see, and perhaps it could help a few others who are suffering from the Egg Burp condition to find a reasonable diet without the trial and error or frustrating, time-consuming food diary.
I have never really had this sort of problem before, maybe once or twice in my life but never this bad. It all began with my family getting the Flu. Everyone was nauseated and throwing up some even had a fever. I never got the fever just throwing up and nausea and then more nausea for like 3 days and then all of a sudden out of nowhere I got the eggy burps and it has been a constant like every 5 seconds. That icky burp taste and smell is killing me and it has been like 3 days now. I do have extreme gas and bloating and I am also farting a lot. There is a terrible rumble and gurgle going on in my gut. Can anyone give me there take on my specific symptoms. Do you think that my having the flu has something to do with what I am now experiencing or is it something else?
I have had the same symptoms for many years.  The first time I remember the terrible cramps was when I was pregnant with my first child.  They were so bad that I thought I was losing the baby.  I was fine and baby was fine after a few hours.  The burps were also a problem.  I have had them off and on for the past 9 years.  More on than off in the last year.  Like many of you I thought it was caused by slow digestion.  I was on several prescription meds for about 12 years and they really were not working.  I decided to stop all meds and started doing more natural things.  The first thing I did was yogurt and probiotics.  It sort of helped but not enough.  Then organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar.  It helped alot but ugh! the taste.  Next, fiber, fiber, fiber.  It has done the trick so far.  I have been on the fiber now for 2 months and the only time I have a problem is when I forget to take it.  I take some benefiber in my coffee in the morning and I keep chewable fiber in my purse to take after lunch and I take another after dinner.  If I forget and start to burp I take 2 tsps. Apple Cider vinegar in a little water and it usually stops right away.  The key for me is the fiber, if the food doesn't sit to long I don't get the stinky burps.  Good luck I hope it helps someone out there.  I know the awful way it makes you feel when no one wants to be in the room with you.
I am a 25 year old male and started suffering from this condition when I was 11 years old.  It happens every so often and usually comes in a number of set stages:

Stage 1:  A number of burps occur which have an extreme foul eggy smell
Stage 2:  An hour later, very loud and foul smelling farts appear in conjunction with the burps every 10 - 25 seconds
Stage 3:  An hour later wind continues and the stomach appears to be extended and cramps start
Stage 4:  Between four and five hours later the bowel empties - foul smelling and watery (diarrhoea)
Stage 5:  Faintness and cold sweats or temperature also happen just after or before bowel movement.

These symptoms usually start in the afternoon and lasts throughout the night. The symptoms usually disappear quickly the following day after a good sleep. I have observed that the illness or condition tends to happen a while after I have had either:

Butter
Food cooked with certain sunflower or nut based cooking oils
Salty foods
Lack of sleep
Lack of fresh air
Stress
Dehydration

I went to my General Practitioner (Doctor) who stated that it may be an allergic reation to dairy products and I should reduce intake.

However I have devised my own potential cure to this problem:

1:  Always ensure you have set times for going to bed and waking up
2:  Drink plenty fluids throughout the day (such as tea)
3:  Avoid salty foods
4:  Avoid spicy foods
5:  Avoid food cooked with sunflower or nut based oils
6:  Try to avoid unessesary stressful situations and develop stress reducing techniques such as deep breathing
7:  Try to go out in the fresh air for at least ten minutes a day
8:  While you experience wind or burps, ensure the room has plenty fresh air, as I have noticed the symptoms get worse without it.

Hi, I'm Vanessa.

I did'nt realise that this was a worldwide epidemic - for as long as I can remember, both myself and my mother have been suffering from 'eggy burps' and the sickness that follows it.

We've learned to cope with it - it doesnt happen every few weeks for us, it happens every few months or so, or sometimes not at all for extended periods of time.

I'm writing because for the past day and a half, I have been plagued with the H2S burps - its driving me crazy and its incrediably embarrassing! Yesterday I had the most horrid tasting burps and gas, and my stomach last night was the most tender I have ever felt - I woke up this morning to us the bathroom, still suffering from the burps, and my stomach started to take on the '4 month pregnancy' look - I am quite slim, so this reflection shocked me - then when I touched my stomach I got pains I can only describe as contractions, and fell to the floor. I crawled back into bed, lay on my left side (which helps with digestion) and fell into an uncomfortable sleep...

Now, waking up a few hours later, my burps seem to have faded away - my stomach isnt as big, but is very hard to the touch and tender - and my netherregions are sending warning signals to my brain - I don't think this ride is over yet....

Reading the above messages, I can rule out (for me) this strange illness having anything to do with the removal of your appendix, I had this problem before mine was removed.

Also, the comment about somebody eating a salad at Wendys - I went to eat at Wendy's the night before the foul burps started - I had a chocolate shake and a bacon cheeseburger - I can definately see the connection with Wendy's and some kind of infection that some are sensitive to more than others, and I am going to be cutting them completely out of my diet! My mother always said, cook your food yourself if you want to trust what you are eating...

I have to admit, that this week (before the sickness) - I have been very very hungry and as a result of such, indulging myself on foods that I wouldnt normally eat excess amounts of - these being donuts, cookies, soda, spiced food and Chicken....I live in Puerto Rico - Chicken and Rice are sort of what we eat the most of around here for some reason.

To try to put a stop to these symtoms (symptoms), I am going to be eating and drinking a majority of the above advised foods, being water and tea (I love my tea and have never had a problem with it), i can suggest cutting out dairy for a week or so, if your stomach is tender and painful, try drinking a cap ful of Milk of Magnesia to calm it down (this also helps the vomiting) and eating dry toasted bread (brown is better).

I'll get back to you all in a week with how I am doing.

I hope you are all doing well, and what I have said helps in some way or another.

Thanks for reading!
I have suffered with the same sickness over the past 10 years - sulfur burps, stomach cramping, diarrhea and vomitting.  It started in my mid-twenties and I've had many tests from my family doc and then referred to a gastro doctor.  I had a hidascan of my gall bladder and it was fine.  They also checked for abdominal tumors.  All of my blood levels were normal.  I even had blood levels drawn mid-attack so they could check my enzyme levels.  They couldn't diagnose me

I started keeping a diary of everything I ate and found the common denominator.  My attacks usually started about 12 - 24 hours after I ate at McDonalds.  I researched their ingredients and found that they use dimethylpolysiloxane in their french fries as an anti-caking agent.  I stopped eating at McDonalds and hadn't had an attack in 4 years.  Last February I had an isolated attack and couldn't get nutritionals from all the restaurants so I was puzzled about what happened.

Two days ago, I had lunch at Taco Bell.  I have gone there over the years and haven't gotten sick but this time I ate something different - the Nacho Supreme.  By the next evening, the burps started and by the middle of the night I was very sick.  It has now been about 24 hours.  I've been able to do a little research.  I was shocked to find that the Nachos at Taco Bell contain dimethylpolysiloxane.  

My theory has been confirmed that I have a sensitivity or allergy to this additive.  I wish I could find out more information on the side effects of adding it to food but everything I read says it has no adverse side effects.  The bummer is that you never know which restaurants use this additive.

I'm not sure if there is any link to what causes your sickness but it may be worth keeping a diary of what you eat in detail so that when you are sick you can look back over time and see if there is a commonality.  Dimethylpolysiloxane may be the culprit in your life - I believe it is my problem.

Best Wishes
i am able to prevent this from happening to me by not lying down for at least 2 hrs after eating. since i started doing this i have not had one of these episodes. it's been 7 months now.
I have never had these symptoms before, so I started doing so research.  I stumbled on this forum, and a few people had mentioned Gastroperesis.  I looked that up, and one of the medical sites told me that Salmonelosis has the same symptoms as Gastroperesis, and as many of you are describing.  For those of you who have reoccuring bouts of this thing, I'm not suggesting that it is salmonella poisoning, but for the few of us that have had this once, or for the first time, it may be food poisoning, or a more serious gastrointestinal bacteria.  Salmonelosis only lasts from 3-5 days, so if the symptoms progress longer than that, I'd say get a check up with your doctor.
I've had this problem for many years - and as I write this very moment, it's crept up for a 2nd time in a little over 3 weeks time.  

I'm not sure what causes this either BUT I am wondering if the H.pylori infection/duedadum (sorry not good with medical term spelling) has something to do with this.  My dr's said that anyone and everyone could have the H.pylori infection (you'd have to google it and look it up for what H.pylori is) ... that got me to wondering if it could be the cause of these yucky burps/sickness (I say sickness because when I get sick from it - I get sick and I'm down for like 3 days until it goes away).  I'm sure there's no link to the yucky burps and the H.pylori infection/duedadum ulcer but that's just a thought.

I also noticed that if I eat a lot of tomato-y stuff or something with a whole lotta acid to it, that it kicks this burp into motion too.  That really ***** since I love tomato-y stuff.  The last thing with tomatoes I had was soup - yesterday.  I didn't have this burp before that time so maybe tomato-y or a lot of acid-y foods have something to do with it?

I don't think that it is salmonella poisoning --- although that is a thought.  I've been to a LOT of doctors over the past few months alone - all dealing with my abdominal area and I've not had salmonella poisoning ... so I don't think that is the factor for the yucky burps.  I mean maybe in some cases?  But I know that's not it for me.  I only say this because I've had this yucky burp issue for many years --- dating back to my childhood days and it's awful!  I can't stand having it.

Right now, I'm trying to avoid vomitting but I know that before long, I will be.

Does anyone ever get a little dizzy at times when this comes on?  I am thinking that it could also be hereditary because my 2 girls have had the issue with the yuck burps too.

If anyone ever gets a real answer from their doctors, please let me know.  I'd love to know how to settle it or cure it!  Nothing I take works.  I've tried tums, zantac, ect...none of it stops this problem.  I've even tried calming it with milk - no luck.  The milk settles it for a short time but right back it comes.  

I never thought about it being the bladder.  I do have stones in my bladder that the dr's don't want to get rid of - they've been there since 2001 at least (they found them after my last child was born) but it does not explain the burps as a kid.  

I'm going to stop posting now but if anyone has any further ideas to at least calm this down when it starts, let me know.  I'm desparate to at least settle the burps to where I don't get sick.

Thanks for this great site - I certainly appreciate everyone of you who go through this or have gone through this.  I know exactly what you feel like and at the moment, a cure would be great since I want it to go away right now!

Take care!
I want you all to know I didn't swear here --- I won't try to reprint the word I used - it's not even a swear word but please know that in the following sentence I didn't swear - I don't use that kind of language:

"That really ***** since"

My apologies as I didn't realize that the word I used would be considered that.

Thanks and again - sorry!
My husband was the first to experience the naseau related with the foul sulphuric/ rotten egg smell.  This was about three years ago.  It happened so infrequently at first that neither of us were too overly concerned.  But, in the last year or so it has gotten worse and worse with vomitting and diarrhea that it keeps him from being able to function at all for up to a week at times.  Now it has began to effect me and our youngest child, three years old. Our symptoms are not as severe or as long lasting, but the smell that accompanies the burps and stomach aches are undeniably the same as my husbands were three years ago.  I am so worried that in time, all of the family will be affected, and without insurance, will it eventually, in a sense, be our undoing.  I would be truley grateful to anyone with any specific advice out there that could give me and my family some direction for immediate relief.  Is there a cure, or some type of medication that could delay the frequency of these incidents?    Thank You
Well, in the past few weeks I have continued to research what I believe is the cause of my sulphuric burb/vommiting episodes.  What I have found only reinforces my belief that I have a food intolerance to dimethylpolysiloxane.  This is an additive that was approved by the FDA in 1998 to be used in the preparation of food as an anti-foaming agent.  Basically, anything that is fried or is extremely foaming would benefit from this additive being in the preparation.  

Sadly, I've learned that many of our common restaurants are using this additive.  To date I've found McDonalds, Taco Bell, Culver's, Steak N Shake, Pizza Hut and Ruby Tuesdays, Bob Evans and Caseys.  Strangely enough, it is in fountain Diet Coke - not bottles or cans.

Since, I've modified my diet, my symptons and sickness has ended. I think that it is interesting that only a few months after this additive was approved by the FDA, I started getting sick.  My first episode was in the Spring of 1999.  

It could be that what you are eating is what is making you ill.  I highly recommend that you keep a food journal of what you are eating and then you will be able to find a common denominator.  I really believe that what we are eating is making us sick and it is so hard to track that we can't really ever pin it down.  I hope this helps some of you who may suffer from the same additive intolerance that I've found and you can modify your diet and not suffer any longer.

Best Wishes
I am a 24 year old female. I had my appendix removed when I was 8. I am currently suffering from endometriosis.  
Yesterday I was in a car accident. Last night I had severe stomach cramps and diarrhea. I have attributed it to my endometrisos, because it regularly affects my stomach/bowel. But I have never had such severe stomach cramps.
Today I have these foul tasting burps. I don't even burp normally. I burp like 3 times a year,literally. They are very gaseous, but I wouldn't say rotten eggs. Maybe chemical like. I also noticed eating supper tonight, everything tastes a little off,
I had these symptoms this morning / last night for 1st time in 8 yrs, was an occasional thing b4 then. It improved as I dieted for what i reallised was candida overgrowth (no yeast, sugar, wheat, dairy), & as i say hasnt reoccurred for 8 yrs but have lapsed on my aiming to avoid the foods as its restrictive & i have been busy with my young son so have been neglecting what i eat so maybe this is what happened & am now cutting out those things for a while & controlling them after that. Another thing i note tho is that i have been eating a lot of garlic recently so maybe there is a link here. Wasnt when it started when i was about 12yoa tho, but then it followed eating lots of fresh white bread (yeasty, wheaty). Seems like a food sensitivity / candida related thing 4 me. I'm 35 now, it has lessened over the years after careful eating. gotta behave again!
Glad to see I'm not alone tho. Doesnt it feel like the pits!. Sympathy & best wishes to all! Cheers!
I used to get the horrible burps and vomit when I was a teenager, but it was always whenever I visited my step moms house. I eventually determined that it was caused by drinking her tap water. I stopped drinking her water and the problem went away.

Recently the problem came back, but not as bad. I don't get the burbs but I feel all bloated and queezy/yucky just like when I used to get it at my step moms house. Recently the community well in our sub changed owners and I've noticed a little Hydrogen Sulfide smell in the shower. I drink one cup of coffee every morning, and it is made from our tap water. For hours after that coffee I feel like I want to puke. Today I used bottled water for the coffee and I feel fine.

So I'm 99% sure this problem is caused by drinking tap water that has x amount of Hydrogen Sulfide in it.

I bet most, if not all, of the people who posted here drink well water...
I too have had egg burps off an on for over 7 years. Mine seem to come after eating any kind of frozen food that is dipped in sulfer or during allergy seasons. I have also noticed that i get these burps after I eat things like lettuce from resturants. Perhaps it is form of allergic reaction.

I am curious to know if anyone else suffering with egg burps, trots, and nausea have sinus allergies? Or if they eat freezer type foods?

It is time to do some studies on this and find a way to stop it. What do you think?

Please email me at ***@****

My mom has this aswell and it only lasts for like, two days.. but when she has it, it makes me want to cry. All I can hear is her puking all night.. and I want this to stop! Doctors need to find out whats going on with this.. Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck, and get better!
I too have suffered for many, many years and can't quite pin it on one particular food, although my twin sister has it sometimes and blames tomatoes. I did have tomato sauce and cheese raviolis for dinner, but I also had a choc chip cookie at lunch and have been scarfing down m&m's. I do notice my heartburn when I eat too much chocolate.

So sadly this morning the yucky stuff started and I remembered this site when I found it last year. I only get this like 1x per year. And I remembered someone had a solution. So this time when I saw more current posts, I was happy and when I saw some solutions, I tried them and they worked!!!

I did make myself vomit - there was blood. But then I had

TOAST - it didn't have to be burnt like someone else posted last year, just regular toast, although I did have the toaster on 7.

GREEN TEA - I had some too, but i think it was the toast that helped. So my tummy is now settling.

Still lots of diarrhea after that but my burps have settled and my stomach cramps are fading. Thanks to whoever posted the TOAST Solution!!!! IT worked. Now I am going to check in with the doc next week and see if we can pinpoint the culprits.
Firstly, I have to agree with 'rsnow', in that it is what we are putting down our throats and into our stomach that is the main culprit in this. But we've got to eat right!?

I've just had such symptoms described above...eggy-HORRID!-burps (farts the day before), stomach cramps and real bad diarrhoea. In addition, I felt generally lethargic-not suprising!
   What brought about this for me, I believe was eating too much cereal (porridge, just right and weetabix) on friday night. I dono why but I just love cereal...and sadly, overdoing the bowls has led to my body been sensitive to digesting it etc. Anyway, so i overloaded (ate too much) my body with these foods...then the next day i had awful farts-a few burps but nothing of much concern, and certainly no diarrhoea. Being away for the wknd I wasn't strict in my diet and didnt learn from these 'signs; and so continued to eat foods that I'm not used to i.e. nuts and curry. Then Fathers day(the following day-I was punished!) experiencing horrible nausea and loose stools. Thinkng about it, I shouldve had NO FOOD to alleviate the diarrhoea but as it was F Day..I had a meal of chicken etc. Driving back home (took 4hours) I was in such a state with cramps, sweats, feelings of sickness, bloating and having to stop at every service station to use the loo.
   In addition to not learning the signs-and for overeating on the friday which was the catalyst for symptoms, i believe- i alo think STRESS is an impotant factor that seems to be overlooked on here. Having suffered a bereavement just over a year ago...these ymptoms have become worse-and travelling back the wknd (when i experienced the above symptoms) was pretty stressful for me. It seems stress inhibits the body.to correcty digest food-so one must be kind to eat by consuming bland/pure/easy digestible foods. For me, I did the opposite (probs a due to the stress!!!) and consequentially my body has punished me!!

I've barely eaten a thing since yesterday and for dinner i wll have a small portion of spelt pasta and tuna! Still got the burps but least i can keep the water in me!!!
Good luck to you all...but i am a firm  believer that if we all adopted a bland, non-processed diet and consume everything in modertion then over half of us would not go through what we have/are going through. This must be especially applied when putting our bodies through stress-especially mental! Not easy though!!

Best wishes....Rachel
I am on year 3 of having the same symptoms: eggy burps, diarrhea, bloating, foul flatulence, vomiting.  My doctor has hedged around my wishes and tries the quick fix method and prescribes zantac and zantac like products.  Keeping a food log and doing research has led me to believe I have gallbladder disease, gallstones, and a fatty liver.  Since the medical field under the tight thumb of insurances and pharmaceutical companies is failing me, I must suffer through this, as you, and can only better control it by;
Eating a low fat diet(I noticed the higher fat content, especially if the food is fried, the more frequently this happened.)
And, this is really helpful, when the onset of this horrible belching occurs, I immediately drink a glass of apple cider vinegar mixed with apple juice.  I take about 3 tablespoons of the vinegar mixed with about a cup of unfiltered apple juice.  
This STOPS the attack in its track about 98% of the time.
I also take 3 apple cider vinegar pills a day--available at most GNC or other vitamin stores.
I read about this cure on the internet when a bout was ruining my vacation last summer.  The vinegar absolutely takes over the sulfuric eggy belches and neutralizes whatever is happening with the bloating and bile activity in my stomach.
My prescription:  Low fat diet avoiding fried foods as much as possible,  3 apple cider vinegar tablets daily.  Apple juice and vinegar mixture when the belches start.
Good luck everyone, hope this delivers you out of your misery!
I don't know if all of us have a reaction to the additive you described because I have had this condition for 30 years. I absolutely believe that it is a symptom of slow digestion and that certain foods aggravate it because they are harder to digest (sunflower or nut oils, tomato, pasta, and certain amounts of dairy products). My daughter and I had a peanut butter sandwich the other day and we both got egg burps afterward so we have to add that to the list of things to avoid or at least moderate. It does confirm the nut oil reaction though. THe other thing that the foods you mentioned have in common is the grease or oil they are cooked in . I too have a horrible reaction from too much take-out food. I can almost guarantee that I'll have egg burps from McDonalds or any other take out two days in a row.
The one thing that I found cured it for myself and my children is Metamucil powder in an 8 ounce glass of water. Kids have a half teaspoon and adults can have 1 tsp. We bought the orange flavour because it appealed to everyone's taste. For us, after finishing the glass, our symptoms gradually faded away. I used to use gravol before bed which also helped but the Metamucil is much more practical because I can use it any time of day. I think it aids in my digestion and that's how it stops the egg burps.
Thank You to everyone that has been responding to this blog....speaking as a person who has had this eggy burp for a long time, I was so relieved to see that I wasn't the only person grossing my family out and that we were all trying to find a cure to something doctors are clueless about.
I'm only fifteen years old and this strikes me as being incredibly odd. Ever since about two or three years ago, maybe once or so a year, I've gotten these horrid HS2 burps. I'm quite sick of it. The thought of having gastroparesis at such an age bothers me.
When I started having these burps again yesterday, I was terrified because I knew what came next. Sure enough when I woke up this morning after only four hours of the the most uncomfortable sleep I've had in ages, my stomach began to feel as if it were twisting up. Within ten minutes I was in the restroom with some pretty disgusting diarrhea. I've got the chills and I'm absolutely dreading the vomit. Within the next few hours I'm sure I'll be vomiting at a rate which seems as though I may very well vomit my stomach.
I'm so so so so sick of having this junk every year. If all or even just a few of you guys' posts hold true, there is a possibilty I may suffer from thise for the rest of my life. I don't like that one bit. I did look into gastroparesis after reading about it in a few posts, and found that I do have a few of the symptoms. Such as; early feeling of fullness after only a few bites of food, weight loss due to poor absorption of nutrients or low calorie intake, low blood glucose levels, and lack of appetite along with a few others. Maybe I'm being a bit of a hypochondriac but I would really like to get this junk all over with and figured out.

Best of luck to all of you.
Ciao!
my name is tabbitha im 9 years old
i was glad not too be the only one!!

i had these symptoms for 2 years
i've looked at lods of web sites about it thay all say that the pain is caused by when you eat lots of food (like chicken,beans)
and it get stuck in your tummy and dont digest proberly causing the food to rot and give you bad pain.

some medisons like movicol,,,,merbentyl syrup,,,,,,,paracetamol help a lot!!!!!!

SOME TIPS:
dont think about it focus your mind on something
breath slowly
and dont have milk of weat or to much fruit and veg
STICK TO CUT UP OF SMALL FOODS
like mash ground cut meat(hard sweets just suck.)

hope you   get lots better
i keep getting these eggy burps, the main symptoms tend to be

Egg or Sulphur smelling, hot burps and wind.
Bloating.
Constant gas build-up in the stomach and intestins (farting / burping every 5 minutes).
The runs (Diarrhea).
Feeling sick.
Vomiting (and vomiting untill the vomit turns green / yellow and tastes very acidic and bitter).

Some tips i find CURE it:
Avoid food for a day, drink atleast 3ltrs of water.
Anti-bacterial drugs.
Anti-swelling drugs.
A diet Rich in vegertables.

Things that make it worse:
Tea
Coffee
Milk
Rice / Starchy foods / Potatoes
Fatty cuts of meat
Yoghurts
Broccoli
Nuts
Cheese
Alcohol
Basicly avoid Carbohydrates, dairy and fatty meats for a few days and it should go.

Its horrible and socially- a pain, lets face it, burping one of these things inside a car / even a room, people wont be polite with something THAT bad.
Has anyone heard of CVS (Cyclic Vommiting Syndrome)?   http://www.cvsaonline.org
You might just find your answers there.   It's a possibility....That's the road I'm on at the moment with my son; age 3.   Right now the doctors say stuff like "there is the stomach flu going around right now"....so they give him antibiotics and an IV for his dehydration and send him on his way...But I'm investigating myself since the doctors, being "Dr.s", never have answers for you.  I might as well be my son's doctor....lol   Good luck to all of you..........
I have had the same symptoms that most of you have stated for about 20 years now.  Over the course of 20 years I have accepted this awful condition and can only do things to lesson the severity of the symptoms.  Here are just a few to mention;

Sleep with your body tilted with your head up preferably in a recliner at about a 45 Degree angle.  This seems to work the best for lessoning the severity of the pain.  I use to vomit when the process started but since I have started sleeping in the recliner when the symptoms start I don't anymore.
Pepto Bismol usually always rids the problem but it will always come back this will buy you some time if you have things you may need to do.
I have recently started drinking a tablespoon of vinegar in about 2-3 ounces of water.  I will let you know how this works.

I am not a doctor or giving medical advice, I am just stating what helps me at the onset of symptoms.  

I am sorry to you all that this is happening, I have learned to accept it and will deal with it as long as I can.
Just TRY the apple cider vineger.  3 TBsp in a glass of apple juice at night.  Im telling you, Im not 100 percent better, but I cut the horrible symptoms down by about 80-90%
I literally feel your pain. I keep thinking over the last few years, trying to find the point at which it started. Fortunately, I have only a couple of triggers. Orange juice, but not oranges, go figure, and sodas with phosphoric acid in them, colas, and that Dr. drink. When I have them, I have explosive diarrhea, sulfur burps that regenerate very quickly, and "volcanic" heartburn.

I am currently taking oemeprazole for the acid and that seems to control about 90% of the problem. For the flare ups, I find that "probiotic" acidophilus helps ALOT. I can even take some proactively if I want a small amount of OJ or cola. The stuff that I am taking has four bacteria in it: acidophilus, B. Lactis, Lactobacillus Bulgaricus, and Strep. Thermophilus. Since I have found this, the problems have all but left and I enjoy normals poos and no sulphur burps or heartburn.

I am even able to give this to my ten year old who is starting to develop the problems.
well i here with the same pros
with

pain in intestines
bloating
eggy belching

I have see my doc about it and he says i have IBS yea right he's put me on a drug called Nexium witch are not help i am bang my head and so like **** off

please help

Cam
I can remember this from when I was young.  It used to happen to me quite often, but hasn't happened again in years.
BUFFY - if you're still checking in, this one is for you!  I posted yesterday on another thread, but I just have to share with you guys, too.

Wow.  I can relate to so many of you.  I'm reading the comments and nodding.  I get it!  Waking up in the morning with a little stinky burp and thinking, "Uh oh!"  The burps getting progressively worse as the day goes on, the terrible bloating, the gas and diarrhea!  I feel your pain!  It sounds like what works for one may not work for another, and we all have to experiment until we get it right, but for me, I found relief in two words - PYLORIC STENOSIS.

I have had this condition since I was a young girl.  My guess is I was born with it.  I'm 48 now.  The condition wasn't present all the time, but when it was I was miserable.  I  (and my parents) tried everything.  I was diagnosed with IBS, I have had countless GI tests, seen countless GI specialists, been prescribed countless drugs, tried countless dietary changes/supplements, and endured much frustration. Why do you think it is that we are sent running in circles by our Doctors?  (I even had one suggest to me that I was swallowing too much air and that's what was causing the stinky burps.  Helloooo . . . and you call yourself a specialist????)  I'm guessing it's because even they don't know what's causing it.  In my case, it has never seemed to matter what I eat.  I've had all the symptoms others here have related, except, thankfully, the vomiting, and only found relief in my adult life.  

At my umpteenth but pivotal Upper GI test, the very rude Doctor accused me of having eaten since the fasting deadline.  I assured him I hadn't.  Then I went for an ultrasound, and the Tech asked me if I had eaten breakfast, because there was food in my stomach.  I hadn't.  (DING DING DING)  My GI said he suspected a PYLORIC STENOSIS, which is a thickening of the pyloric Sphincter, the opening between the stomach and the small intestine.  The food I was eating was unable to pass into the small intestine as it should.  THIS IS FOR YOU, BUFFY - He said it is usually found and corrected in early childhood, because one of the symptoms is projectile vomiting.

So . . . I had my first endoscopy, during which my Doctor stretched the Pyloric Sphincter with a balloon, and HE WAS MY HERO!!  It was like night and day.  No more symptoms.  For awhile.  Thesymptoms came back after a couple of years, and I had the procedure again.  Bingo again.  I'm having symptoms again this week. I pushed Pepto Bismol for two days, (magic potion for stinky burps) and have been pushing liquids.  I'm hoping for the best, but if the symptoms don't clear on their own, I'll be calling my Doctor again.

Thank you all for your input.  I will be going to my Doctor armed with ideas I have gleaned here.  Good Luck to all.
Hi again to you all

I'm sure I have now cracked this dreadful condition. As a research psychologist I am use to conducting studies so I decided to recruit others, like myself and you with this recurring problem.

Here are our combined results (75 respondents)

Cause = undigested foods laying in the stomach and fermenting!

Common culprit  foods

Eggs, fried especially, otherwise any foods containing a lot of eggs including bakery items. - Hence the Sulfuric burps.

Fruit Peel - Fruit, eaten with the peel on - especially Apples, starts to ferment in the stomach, symptoms arise 1-3 days after consuming. 34% reported tomatoes in the study. - Again fruit fermentation causing the S-Burps.

58% checked for wheat and bran allergy

23% checked for gluten intolerance

TREATMENT

ALL reported 100% effective, 85% reported immediate effect within 24 hours, 100% reported symptom free within 1-3 months using...

Colloidal Silver - kills the bacteria within 24 hours, continue taking once per week at smallest dose, usually 3mls depending on your weight.

78% report the use of a daily good pro biotic yogurt as a supplementary in the first month after an attack, easing inflammation in the stomach.

75% Using, as a further supplement and natural anti bacterial, active MANUKA Honey. I personally used this for 3 months, 1 spoon daily after month 1 on CSilver.

Do not take any notice of sites that tell you Colloidal Silver is dangerous and turns you blue, this ONLY occurs amongst a very small percentage of people who are in effect OVERdosing over long periods.

Colloidal silver contains 99.99% pure silver particles suspended indefinitely in demineralized water that kills bacteria and viruses. It can be applied topically and/or absorbed into the blood stream sub-lingually (under the tongue), thereby avoiding the negative effects of traditional antibiotics that kill good bacteria in the lower digestive tract.

An all natural antibiotic alternative in the purest form available. The presence of colloidal silver near a virus, fungi, bacterium or any other single celled pathogen disables its oxygen-metabolism enzyme, its chemical lung, so to say. The pathogens suffocates and dies, and is cleared out of the body by the immune, lymphatic and elimination systems.

Unlike pharmaceutical antibiotics which destroy beneficial enzymes, colloidal silver leaves these beneficial enzymes intact.

I can confirm I have been symptom free for eight months now. I have stopped eating any cooked eggs, fruit, wheat and bran, replacing them with rice products. My digestive system is now at the best it has been for years! :)

Good luck to you all and don't forget to make sure you are suitable to take Colloidal Silver beforehand...not many are exempt. :)

I have the same problem; I'm 15, I don't know what it is. I got blood taken a while ago and some other tests but they couldn't figure out what it was. and it soon after went away, but it has recently returned. The horrible burps, diarrhea and stomach pains; though I never vomit. I'm going to try cut down on certain types of food as said and see if it helps.
Poor thing!  I suffered through my teenage years, too.  Try the Pepto Bismol.  I just staved off a bout with two days of Pepto, and lots of liquids, and cut my diet to very light, bland food for 4-5 days.  I have been diagnosed with Pyloric Stenosis (see my post of October 16th), so you may have it too.  I have also been interested to read the info offered by other people on the site.  Especially the Gastroparesis idea.
Two years ago, my son (who was 8 at the time), missed a lot of school due having bad stomach crampnig and pain in the mornings. Usually, after he had a good bowel movement, it would lessen to the point he could function again, but sometimes not. I took him to his dr., who sent us to a pediatric gastro. specialist. He performed a colonoscopy and an endoscopy, which revealed nothing. We were left with no answers, and his condition seemed to improve in time.
Starting three weeks ago, it came back, with a vengeance. It started with the belly cramping again, and he was coming home from school because of it, crying because he "didn't want this to start all over again." Well, it's not only started again, but has returned with horrible vomiting, explosive diahrrea, and those terrible "egg burps". I thought he had the flu the first time this flared up, but could not believe the horrendous smell that was coming from the "liquid" (it was not regular vomit), which he was throwing up. It almost made me sick, and i have a strong stomach! He is now on his 3rd flare up in as many weeks. He is going to the dr. this afternoon, but I fear there won't be any diagnosis for him, and they will just try and put him on prevacid again (which didnt work the last time). I hate to see him go through this. Thanks for posting your thoughts, everyone. It's been comforting to know we're not alone in this.
I have all the symptoms you guys are having, and other health problems as well, do you guys too? Has anyone looked into the auto immune diseases?
I know a little about them and I know a lot of them effect the nervous system. But I have more health problems as well but I believe I might be suffering from, anklosing spondilytis, my mother has this and it is genetic. I haven't been diagnosed with it cause I don't have insurance and it is an expensive treatment as well. Maybe you guys don't suffer from this but there are several auto immune diseases that cause many symptoms, described here and then some.
Hello, I have the same problem but not as severe. I have had chronic burping, I can't sleep as a result and need to sit up to let the burps out. This comes with abdominal bloating which feels like a tightness, followed by diarrhea. I also become more tired.
My doctor has sent me for a series of tests for allergies, parasites, bacteria etc.... all have come back negative!!! I was then sent for ultra sounds and cat scans, also negative.
Interestingly I noticed that the symptoms, which are sparodic but fairly regular, disappeared when I lived in Ireland and when I travelled to Thailand. It was this, and hearing that Australia (where I live now) allows the use of perservatives, colourings and flavourings that are banned in most European countries, that helped me realise what was causing my condition. I'm allergic to certain preservatives/colourings, but not all. I have pinpointed e150's and e120s as definate aggrivators. Also here in Australia (might not be true in other countiries) wines do not legally have to list their additives on their labels, and wine is one of my worst aggrivators. I know my condition isn't aggrivated by alchol because I can drink vodka with no reaction.
I am up tonight with abdominal pain and burps...(I don't get the vomiting which sounds terrible)... which will be followed by diarrhea tomorrow.
I foolishly drank a floresant orange childrens drink at a friends party. I will ring tomorrow to ask her to check the addivitives for me. Keeping away from additives has helped me greatly. This is my first chronic eppisode in a long time. Although I find I will get small reations if I go out to some resturants ( I rarely eat out)... I'm vegetarian and I avoid the big multinationals fast food giants.
I hope this helps someone. I imagine that not everyone is suffering from the same aliment but possibly some of you will find that you are also suffering from a reaction to additives. But one thing to remember is that additives are not listed on all food and drink products which makes it even harder to pin point the problem. I have also found that it can take a relatively small amount to spark off an episode. Tonight I had one drink. I know it is hard to cut out food from your diet, but it is really worth it.
Good luck
Im 19 and ive been suffering with all the above for at least a year but 4-5 days a week and i hate it. The doctor gave me some tablets to reduce stomach acid but the dnt seem to work. Im going to cut out fizzy drink, fatty foods and products from my diet as it is worse when i eat/drink these. If any of you have any tips for me could you please email me at total_102***@**** thankyou... Charley lousie x
Hey,

Here's my story and the resolution.  As a teenager I suffered from severe stomach pains.  My family has a bad stomach history so we all thought it was too much acid production and I went onto inhibitor meds.  They found small ulcers forming in the stomach when a scope was done.  I had been on some heavy duty anti-inflammatory medications and they thought that that had caused the ulcers.  So all seemed to go well for a while but then the stomach pains became constant and a diagnosis of GERDS was given.  Then chronic diarrhea became part of the the problem.  By this time I was in university and then grad school.  I have been lactose intolerant so I was avoiding milk products already.  At this point I could not even eat a salad without having diarrhea within 30 minutes of eating it.  I would bloat up like a balloon by the evening.  I would burp a yeasty bad wine type burps all the time.  Noxious smelling sulfur type burps all the time.  I saw an allergist who checked for food allergies and pesticide allergies since I was having problems with leafy greens but not root vegetables.  I saw more specialists who decided I needed GERDS surgery to strengthen the sphincter and take care of a small hernia at the same time.  Off I went and had the surgery (about 21 years old) and they told me to go off my stomach meds.  It didn't improve.  

By this time I was getting tired all the time, having trouble with my school work.  Just a general sense of malaise.  

My doctor took a chance and had me give a few stool samples and they tested for all sorts of stuff and found that I had an inordinately large number of yeast cells in my stool.  I went onto Nilstat and it improved the diarrhea but not the stomach pains.  Seems I have a problem with yeast.  All those antacids have made my digestive tract a yeast playground.  Every once and a while I have to clean it out with Nilstat and repopulate the good bacteria (Lactobacilus Acidopholus) that helps me digest greens.  Finally I could eat a salad again.  There is a problem sometimes with yeast in the intestines.  It can crowd out the good bacteria and as it takes over and feeds off of sugar it releases a toxin.  This toxin normally cannot cross the blood barrier into your blood stream and is excreted.  In leaky gut syndrome the toxin crosses into the blood and takes a little trip all over the body causing problems.  These problems include depression, confusion, bad memory and sleepiness as it reaches and interacts with the brain.  Once I was on the Nilstat I started to feel better and less sleepy.  I was being poisoned and didn't  know it.

A friend was seeing a naturopath and I figured I'd give it a go since the stomach pains were still constant.  Off I went and she gave me a diet of exclusion to start with.  Since we knew about the yeast problems my diet consisted of no dairy (not a big issue because of the lactose intolerance), no refined sugar (yeast eat sugar), and no wheat and yeast.  I went on this strict diet for 8 weeks.  The stomach pain went away.  The burps went away.  The diarrhea completely disappeared.  At the end of the 8 weeks I was instructed to slowly introduce the banned foods one at a time.  As soon as wheat was added to my diet the pain and all the symptoms came back.  The doctor tested me for Celiacs and found I didn't have any antibodies so they figure I didn't have it.  But by this time I had been off wheat for months so the test was flawed.  I refused to go back on wheat for weeks before testing again.  After experimenting I don't think I have Celiacs.  I could eat spelt at one time (but no longer) and kamut which both contain gluten.  So after years of diet restriction they've come down with a diagnosis of wheat intolerance.  People can be intolerant of one or more types of gluten but not all types of gluten.  I avoid all wheat, spelt and most glutens (except kamut) and all yeast.  Yeast is still my enemy.  Sourdough is okay though.  I am perfectly fine now.  

Occasionally I eat wheat by accident.  Last Friday I ate a meal at a local Mexican restaurant.  I've eaten there before and had the same meal but usually made sure to tell the waitress to use only corn products and no wheat (I just say I have an allergy since it's easier to understand that an intolerance).  This time I forgot to stress no wheat.  By the time I got home the tummy rumblies had started.  Gurgles were starting.  Pain was starting.  The smelly constant burps were starting and the diarrhea began.  Bloating followed.  It's Tuesday and I've still got diarrhea and the burps.  It usually takes me about a week to get over a wheat ingestion.  

So my advice is to go off of wheat and gluten.  Even if you have allergy tests done and the celiacs test you might still be intolerant.  I would also suggest avoiding yeast and yeasts products and get yourself some Nilstat.  It's a restrictive diet since wheat is in everything.  All the gluten free stuff is expensive but if you've got a doctor's prescription it might be possible to claim the food on your income tax as a tax write-off.

I hope this helps.

whiskay
My husband has never been sick. Not even the sniffles. He's 39 and out of nowhere he started with the eggy burps. We thought maybe it was bad soup from a restaurant we'd visited earlier that day. Then he just felt sick. Never threw up, just felt like it. Then the diarrhea. For days. He was just exhausted. Not ever getting full night's rest. How he continued going to work, I don't know. After about a week, it seemed too much. He finally threw up, (for the first time in probably 20 years) and the diarrhea and sleepless nights with cold sweats eased up. He felt pretty well for about a week and the diarrhea started out of nowhere again. I don't know what to do or where to go. I'll keep searching until I get an answer that suits. He is my everything. I just want him to feel better!
I have been suffering many of the symptoms as listed above and can recall even as a young child, getting the burps occasionally. My mom took me to me paediatrician and we were told that I must have simply had an upset stomach and that she could give me Pepto Bismol if the symptoms re-occurred. That was when I was 6-7 years old. I am now 26 and have yet to find a doctor that knows what the hell is wrong.
I have recently sought the aid of a nutritionist who suggested that I eat whole foods (non of the processed, frozen garbage I was so used to quickly preparing for so many years) and I have also cut meat completely out of my diet in a last-ditch effort to see if eliminating that source of fat helps at all. I've also been recommended to drink water, water, water, as well as green tea. NO COFFEE, which has been "painful" on its own, but does seem to have helped a bit. And while I have only recently started this diet (a few days) I had an extremely bad bout of this illness last night, including a wretched case of vomiting at 3 AM. I threw up virtually undigested food that was still recognizable which I had eaten for lunch....at 2PM in the afternoon. It does not always come to actually vomiting, though on the days it does not, I more often than not wish I could be sick and get it over with.
I am going to be scheduling yet another Dr's. appt and praying for some answers, though my patience as well as whatever quality of life I have...are wearing thin.
hey im a 13 year old male and i cooked bacon for the first time and ate it by myself and now i feel kinda sick to the stomach and I have the egg burps too. I would like to know when this will stop, whats causing it, and if the bacon had any thing to do with it. It was my first time cooking bacon so I dont know if I cooked it long enough. Thanks =)
Ive  been a suffer of these symptoms for over 4 years now and was lucky enough to have a 3yr gap with no symptoms what so ever. But guess what????  I woke up yesterday with the awful eggy burps then with hours was trowing up and then diarreah (diarrhea) and cramps followed.  I used to be prescribed 'Merbentyl' for the cramps, this worked a treat and helped to ease them as I found this the hardest to cope with.
I am now worried that this will return as I used to have it every month or so.  The one trigger which I feel may cause these symptons is eating chinese as I had eaten this the night before and from memory had eaten it when I used to suffer many years ago.
So, from now on I am going to cut out eating this and hope for the best.
If anyone ever finds the correct cure for this I would be enterally grateful, as like the others on here, I feel like dying as soon as the burps start as I now what is to follow.
This is Giardia Lamblia.
I am in my 50's, female, need to lose about 70 lbs. I have had this condition for several years now. It usually follows a dinner of take out or some beef dinners at home or some greasy foods, like ribs for example. It varies. I go to bed, then during the night I begin the burping, the yucky stomach ache, that finally wakes you up & hurry to the bathroom in search of a bucket & a safe spot on the toilet. So when I begin the foul burping, I know what's coming & know that I won't be going to work that day & maybe not the next...the vomiting on the hour or half hour or so...it comes in waves...begin till you're empty & beyong with dry heaves, the bowel movements go form somewhat normal to soft to finally you have the runs. Passing gas is dangerous as it may be more than gas. I rest in between the time in the bathroom & get pretty worn out.The burping continues. Being diabetic now, recently in my last episode of this I got to feeling fainty as the vomiting continued & I got dehydrayed. I thought my blood sugar was too low, so I tested myself & instead my blood sugar was spiking at 187 & I couldn't keep my metformin down long enough to lower it. I eventually finally kept a pill down long enoungh to lower my blood sugar. I carefully hydrated myself & kept some food down...this was after several hours...finally it was over. In years past, I have been on the Jenny Craig program & I would be fine as long as I stayed on it. Recently, about a year ago I began the Nutrisystem program & do well when I follow it & feel great. I found that when I follow my Nurtisystem program, these episodes never happens. But I go off of it from time to time & that is when it happensI It's exspensive to stay on these programs, but worth the assurance that I wouldn't go though these episodes I dread. When I'm 'on my own' with eating sometimes It's hard to know what's going to trigger it.... I used to thingk it was food poisoning but no else gets sick. While I wish none of us had this condition, it helps to read that I'm not alone & to read all the information concerning it by all of you. Let's hope we find a way to find relief & put it in the past.
I've had the same problem since I was 10. Now I'm 44. Mine is definitely tied to stress. I get worried about something--bingo, the burps and everything else. After the vomiting the burps are gone and the colon begins to reset, which takes 6-12 hours. My doc prescribed Donatol (belladonna) and it cured the problem every time after that.

Now I'm an adult with MS, and it pops up again any time I start worrying about anything, including getting eggy burps. The belladonna doesn't really work any more. I've got an appt. with my GI doc to see if they have something stronger. I'll let you know what happens.
please all try keeping away from foods drinks that contain sulfite preservatives.  My issues have lessoned by this avoidance. Sulfite preservatives come under different names and are in: aple cider, vineger, preserved meets, WINE BEER etc etc etc.  For some of us the sulfite intake converts to hydrogen sulfite (eggy burps)
I am 23 years old and I have suffered from this as long as I can remember. In fact I have it now and I'm about to call into work. The burps are terrible!!!! The smell makes me sick. When I burp I have to get up and leave the room. I have tried this a few times and it works somewhat....vinegar and water. Mix it stout. Drink about a half glass. Sip on it slowly. I know it sounds gross but when you feel like this you will try anything. And I also have burped the yellowish substance. Taste terrible! I don't know what's wrong with me but I hate this! I'm sitting here and my stomach is starting to cramp now. I know I will be throwing up soon and I HATE throwing up!!!! This is awful!
Hi Guys
Came across this forum after wondering what was happening. i had the sickness bug norovirus 2 weeks ago and the eggy burps started last week, my uncle and nan also have it but it has only started after the sickness bug, i suffer a lot of stomach acid reflux and bloating, which makes me look pregnant! This makes me think it is something to do with bugs/toxins in the bowel or gut. I take anti-acid tablets for the indigestion and wind settlers for the bloating,i think it is a case of alleviating the symptoms. but again it does happen when i havent had a good night's sleep so again this may be a cause.
If anyone finds a proper cure, shout it out, i thought i was alone until i read this forum
Wow, I read everyones posts and am in shock at how many others suffer from these horrible episodes.  I recently bought myself insurance because I was thinking that this is most likely gallbladder attacks, and was sure that I would just have it removed and voila! no more problems...
But I have noticed that many of you have already had your gallbladder removed and still have these symptoms.  I am planning to see a doctor sometime before the week is over but I am not ever sure how to word my symptoms... heres what I have

Begins with the 'sulphur burps'
followed by diarrhea and intense abdominal pain
then the vomitting begins, untill my stomach is empty I will vomit up foods that are still not digested even though they were eaten the day before..then i simply vomit a horrible yellow substance.
Usually these 'attacks' will last anywhere from 12-42 hours and can occur as often as 4x per month.

I have recently noticed that my attacks seem to follow after eating a lot of popcorn, but then again it is not consistant with every time that i eat it, so I dont know if this is something i should even bother bringing up to the dr.

Anyway, I have been suffering from these symptons for at least 2 years for sure (im 25, female)  However, I was sick a lot as a child but can't remember much from that time (bad memory) I just remember vomiting a lot and docs not knowing the cause and they eventually called it stress. ha, a 5 year old with stresss bad enough to cause actual symptoms?  Anyway... I dont kknow what to do and i notice the dates on these posts are from a year ago, hopefully someone is still out there
FOUND SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM............

TRY 1 TABLE SPOON VINIGAR WITH 6 OZS WATER 2 TIMES A DAY
Has anyone tried probiotics from a pharmacy?  Just wondering if its worth a try to put in the right kind of bacteria to help fight the bad?  I am pretty sure they are OTC but you have to ask the pharmacist for them because they are kept refridgerated in the back.
as many others on this long thread have stated, i am glad that i am not alone and was relieved to see that so many others share this horrible dreadful feeling of what i call "rotten egg syndrome"... i have been having episodes about once a month on and off for the last 3 years - i am now 30 years old. it usually happens to me 24 hours after eating a large heavy meal - and after reading these posts - it now makes sense, i have a digestive problem, the food is sitting in my stomach undigested and is fermenting - hence the nasty H2s sulfuric rotten egg like burps and gas. the burps lasts about 12 hours from when the condition starts... until the diarrhea sets in and then its all toilet for the next 6 hours... until my system is completely clean... and then viola - its like nothing happened, back to normal.

tonight is the first time i decided to look into this online, i actually tried the vinegar in water treatment which many of you have written about  - and so far, 5 minutes after i drank the mixture, i am feeling better - no burps yet.

i think this problem develops over the course of time, my stomach has taken abuse for a while and gets weaker and weaker and the bad bacteria start taking over my intestines - which results in this digestive disorder. from some recent research i have done, and reading all of these posts - i am now reaching the conclusion that the remedy seems to be restoring the intestinal flora back to a healthy state with the proper "good" bacteria living there, this should help me digest the food i eat properly instead of letting it sit in my stomach and ferment - until my body reacts violently to get it out by diarrhea or vomiting. i highly reccomend a book called Clean: The Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body's Natural Ability to Heal Itself by Alejandro Junger. this really shed a lot of light on how the stomach works and how modern medicine and most doctors simply have no answers to what we are going through and feeling.

i am going to start a detoxification and body cleanse shortly to attempt to restore my intestinal health - i will post again in a few weeks with the results! i hope you all feel better.
Hi i too have suffered from 'eggy burbs' for some time now.  Whilst I personally don't believe its down to any particular food I have noticed it tends to happen when I have eaten too much of the wrong food.  Although once it did happen after having a normal portion of KFC.  I do not get any of the pain or cramps which some experience but do need to go to the toilet 3-4 times and within 24 hours the problem is normally sorted.  I will try the recommendation of the vinegar and water and see how i get on with that.  I find this condition highly embarrasing when with my family let alone work colleagues.  I do also get very stressed so that could also be a contributory factor as well.
I used to suffer from these exact same ailment and absolutely nothing helped. I was told I had acid reflex and that I was lactose intolerant. Finally my doctor sent me for an ultrasound on my gallbladder but no stones. After another year of suffering a nurse in my doctors office suggested a HydaScan on my gallbladder. Guess what? My gallbladder was working at only 1/3 of what it was supposed to. A week later it was out and IMMEDIATELY I felt relief. It has been over four years since its removal (and when they took it out it was full of cholesterol and highly inflammed and on the verge of becoming infected and rupturing) and the only nausea I've had is currently due to pregnancy (that's how I accidentally ran across this site)...

I wish you all the best and hope maybe my story might help someone.
so sorry to hear so many people have this, ive not seen it as a massive problem as ive had it since a child along with my sister, its like having a sickness bug, and ive never worried about going to the doctors, just hot water bottles and ani acid tablets, but im in pain again and the dreaded burps, and seeing it was 2am i thought il look it up, i agree that food is the cause and after being sick many ocassions to find the food was not digested, means its my stomach with the problem, i will be trying the adivce of many, but no food when the burps start, will make it not last as long, this time it has come on after 4 weeks of the flu, and stumach cramps, and then today the burps, i don't eat out much and make my own food, i live in england and don't have the food places many spoke about, so thats not a factor for me,  i do hope a cure is found, take care
Hi, I am only 18 and I have all these Symptoms! The only thing I don't get is diarrhoea. It was only the other night I woke up in the middle of the night with excruciating pain which I am still getting through the day now! I thought I was going to a+e, I woke up in hot and cold sweats, shaking, all I could do was tickle my belly, had to open window at minus freezing!  I have had this for nearly two years now and my doctor firstly advised me to cut out fizzy drinks so I did and I had laparazole to relieve the eggy foul burping, this worked for about 3/4 months, as I went on holiday I got it back although I was sick
with yellow vile basically and couldn't stop shaking, so I came back to my doctors and he has now prescribed me omeprazole, it has done the job for now but I'm not sure for how long! I have been reading on these sorts of sights for ages trying to get different ideas to ask my doctor but I really am fed up of it now, I just want my life back! Can anyone please help and say whether anything has worked for them?

I thought i would finally take the time to look it up on the web as iv been having this problem for awhile, I've been reading through every ones comments and nearly every single person has something in common with another...

I have been holding back my conclusions, but the only time i get this problem is when i eat Pork... I never use to have this issue and iv noticed that its been every time i have eaten Pork, that after awhile within a few hours or so, i get the eggy breath, cramps, and so on which lasts for days... I hope this helps someone or other, I seriously do not know why it has came on all of a sudden, i remember the eggy taste when i was younger generally when i was ill, but never because of food.

Seriously would suggest people think about the certain foods they have on a regular basis and put them aside to see if the problem remains. Even if you were fine with that food before problems occurred, our bodies are ever changing, maybe they've changed and we just haven't adapted yet.

Good Luck & hope everyone the best even those who suffered this issue all the way back to 2008.
I had eggy burps when i was a kid. I was just thinking back, searched  and found this thread. I unashamebly now admit,  I used to pick sweets up of the floor and eat them when i was a child. I havent found any yet think i grew up lol. could the burps have been caused by some thing i ate. (virus/bacteria).  They most probably helped my imune system in growing they only lasted the day. I hope you guys get sorted.
What it MIGHT be:
Have doctor check for bacterial, protazoa,  and parasitic infection including campyoblasters.
Giardiasis, Gastroperesis, Helicobacter pylori, PYLORIC STENOSIS, Giardia Lamblia
Food allergies, fatty foods, spicy foods, caffeine, salmonella, slow digestion, dimethylpolysiloxane, tomatoes,  stress, overeating with a meal,

Medicine that MIGHT work:
ACIPHEX

Home remedies that MIGHT work:

A cup of water and spoonful of andrews liver salts  had a cup this morning and hey presto it's gone!

I have stopped eating dairy products (no milk, no cheese, no chocolate, etc..) and I have noticed that it has gone away.

Not lying down for at least 2 hrs after eating.

apple cider vinegar (1 – 3 tablespoons)

3 apple cider vinegar tablets daily

Things it MIGHT not be:
Gall bladder (people have had them removed and still have symptoms)
Thyroid (mine was removed after thyroid cancer and still have the symptoms)
Do to the fact that appendix was removed (I still have mine and still have the symptoms)
Best answer so far to me:

Butter food cooked with certain sunflower or nut based cooking oils
Salty foods
Lack of sleep
Lack of fresh air
Stress
Dehydration

3:  Avoid salty foods
4:  Avoid spicy foods
6:  Try to avoid unnecessary stressful situations and develop stress reducing techniques such as deep breathing
I have this condition only once a while ans first experienced it when we lived in lebanon in the middle east.  There it is fairly well known and is contributed to being exposed to cold and humid conditions. What they do is have the patient lie in bed with a towel underneath their stommach. They put a large piece of cotton or a hand towel over the abdomin (abdomen) and then pour generous amount of rubbing alcohol over to thoroughly wet the cotton or hand towel. Using the large towel underneath them to wrap the alcohol laden cotton or towel they keep the patient in bed. They also drink lots of hot tea. I wa sceptical at first but it works.  

I am quite surprised to see the number of people afflicted with this.  I am in the throes of another mild bout now, in my case, I can pretty much isolate it to the sausage (I'm pretty sure it's the sausage and not any others) used in pizza.......sometimes I have issues, sometimes I don't.

My symptoms are as noted above,
Mild symptoms: H2S belches & fats with stomach bloating

Severe symptoms which used to last for days:
Mild symptoms listed above, followed by vomiting/diarrhea even when there is nothing but bile to vomit.

My solution:
Mild symptoms: pretty much stop eating, liquids only, toast & crackers/soft food after a day or two of lessening symptoms

Severe symptoms:
I'll slug down a 2 liter bottle of soda in as short a time as possible where it races through my devastated system......  My theory is that it pushes the offending material out of my stomach or intestional tract.

I've only had severe symptoms 3 or 4 times & have 100% success to date.

My current mild symptoms came  on after eating 2 pieces of an an all meat pizza, the bloating is lessening, I had a piece of toast today and some yogurt.

I have my gall bladder & apendix, no known allergies, reflux is a problem as well as my being severely overweight.  6'2 & 286 pounds.

Best Regards to All,
Jon
Try eating manuka honey 15+ a tea spoon full half hour before meals, look it up online it could help u.   (I SUFFER FROM TUMMY UPSET AND ULCERATIVE COLITIS)

Nessie x
I have found i get these eggy burps when I eat something my body can't digest like Spanish chorizo. If I eat it then suffer with the horrible gas/burps then it will come back up anything up to a day and a half later. I have been on the blood group diet for a while (eating to suit your stomach acid levels) and when I have a day off it and start eating stuff on my "not allowed" list I get these burps again. Normally it's followed by diarrhoea and sickness. Its good to find out your not alone!
I feel for all of you! i have been to all kinds of dr.'s and had scopes, probes, blood tests.... just to come up w nothing but GERD. one of my exams showed possible Barrets Esophagus... But the test came back negative.. The egg burps or sulfur burps are horrendous and embarrassing! To the point of where I've called off work to avoid the risk of embarrassment there. It totally takes me out of commission and I just can't function. I don't know where to turn! pepto doesnt help w the stomach issues bc usually by the time i am aware i have the sulfur burps/nausea... I cant keep it down.. and i know all too well about that super loud gurgle noise that nothing hides!
I use to suffer from these eggy burps about 10 years ago. Had lots of blood tests etc and nothing came back.
I've not had eggy burps since but my 5 year old son came home from school about 4 weeks ago - he had these eggy burps followed by diarrhea and then sickness.
This then passed on to my other son who is 2. Both of them had this non stop for 3 days. Then for 24 hours it stopped and came back again and they had it for 3 weeks!! Went to the docs and they did some tests again nothing came back and since they have been fine.

Within 2 days of my son bringing this home I fell ill. It started off with the burps in the morning and throughout the day I was fine, come the evening I was violently ill diarrhea and sickness. I couldnt eat or drink for 3 days and lost 6lbs!
A week later it struck again this time 2lbs lost! This was all during the same time as both of my sons.

Then this sunday I started getting the burps and yesterday morning diarrhea and sickness! Neither of my sons are ill or my wife. I've had to have time off work due to this and I can tell they think Im taking the **** now as this is the 3rd time in 4 weeks ive been off usually lasts 2-3 days.

I went to the docs who has asked for stool and blood tests to be done, he also gave me some medication to stop the diarrhea and also sickness but this is going to be a short term relief.
Ive read loads about people saying theyve had their gallbladders removed etc, but I have everything still in tact and so do both my children.

Its surely a bug and a f***** at that, but for test results to not show anything is quite worrying. I just hope that mine show something.

If anyone has any info it'd be appreciated and of course i will let you know what my test results show.
Hi all,

Ive had all my tests done now but I think I may have solved the problem. (please do not read on if screamish)

Today, 3 days after being ill and totally emptying my body I managed to have a toilet (whoop).

Thing is I noticed what I can only describe as white stringy stuff either in the stools or in the bowl. Never seen this before not even after the last times Ive been ill or in my children so I was really worried.
Searched on the net and this sounds like a worm! Can cause all the same symptoms - sickness, nausea, diarrhea, build up of gas etc.
So I think I have found whats been making me so ill!! Called the doc and have another appointment.

I have a question for people though - do you have pets? Especially cats? If yes and you keep getting this sickness it could be because of your pet so get them treated and yourself! Some worms can live upto 40+ years in humans and constantly reproduce.
If however like me have no pets have you recently eaten out somewhere? This is also carried in food!
Having looked back now we ate out at KFC a couple of days before we all started being unwell - Im not saying 100% that is what has caused it but the odds are looking that way.

I hope everyone who has this dreaded eggy burps finds a cure for it, and I hope from now on I never have it again.
attention.......you all may be suffering from gluten intolerance. my wife had the same symptoms for years...and doctor after doctor was seen without any changes. er runs in the middle of the night, etc....until i heard a podcast from a g.i. specialist (i am an rn and was listening to this for the fun of it on xm) and he described the symptoms to a 't'. my wife went gluten free, and approximately 1 week later, everything changed. personality, physicality, weight loss, skin....it was truly amazing. so, give it a shot. but really study what is gluten free so that you are completely free during the trial time. give it 1 to 2 weeks at least. if it works, i promise you it will change your life.
hi .. im a 23 year odl medical intern... i am surrounded by medical experts all the time and no one can give me an answer on why i get those horrible burps... i started a few years ago after visiting colombia.. all my doctors back then would say it was my colon and that i suffered from irritable bowl sindrome (syndrome)... so basically ive learned to medicate myself with the little knowledge i know on colon disease.. ive noticed that when i get this symptons before they get worst i do i treatment of about a month or so i trimebutin used frecuently here in colombia.. and well my mom suffers from ulverative colitis and she sent me lyalda... so i take two at night two in the mornign when this symtpoms are starting up... i also right away get injected metoclopramide and buscapina which i dont know if it exsists en the us... well all those mxied togther make the burping stop en less then half a day... the cramping and abdominal pain stop and no vomiting... i also found that before i found this cure i would simply puke my brains out and everything would go away... i think the fact of keeping all that is making you that horribly in makes the rest of the symptoms show up.. i really and honestly think its is either viral bacterial or parasites.. if it si viral well it ibviously wont come out in any exams... its just simply goes away... i did a full treatment one with medicated probiotics and i had almost and year and a half free of eggy burps... i havent tried recently the same treatment since i just took antiparasitic treatment... albendazole and tinidazole... so im kind of waiting for that to help put also... i realized that fried food  really is whta makes this symptons show up... so i know it was my fault when i start with the burping.. enablex is a treatment i take for urinary incontinence and it had cured my mother from diahrrea episodes and well when i take the lyalda which is sold in the us with the enablex i really get better quick.. i hope this helps out and well hopefully we find a cure and a name to this illness
Ok so I'm 13 years old and this has been happening for about 4 years or so. It's horriable espically if I get it at school so embarassing. I never thought anything about it till today and it got really bad. First I get the rotten egg burp/breath then I either vomit or have explosive diarhea (diarrhea). I thought it could be my liver or something like that but I don't know. I think I'm going to go to the doctor and talk about it. The weird part is most of you have it very often but I get it maybe once a year. See me and my family used to go to buffets alot so I'm guessing that could be it then this year I thought to myself how come I haven't had it then yesterday I ate a Gyro plate very big serving. I haven't ate that kind of food in a while so I was thinking that the food upset my stomach. Oh sorry if guys are on here but this is also happening while I have my period this time and it ***** to have diarhea (diarrhea) and your period very nasty situation. Also I usually wake up a little hungry but this time I'm not at all hungry I just wonder if the two are related. It's so good to know I'm not the only one!
I'm 16 and I also suffer with the same symptoms.  Although I am not happy or relieved to see other people with thus illness as it is the most horrible, irritating thing I've ever experienced. I have read around a lot about this and have came across many different theories such as, pesticides in your stomach often caught by animals which cannot be killed, reaction to certain foods, also listed up above Gastroparesis. My own doctor diagnosed myself with stomach migraines unfortunately I don't know how much truth is behind that theory. I am so fed up with the sickness and smell I don't know how much more I can take. It's highly Contagious and not only do my mam and dad suffer from it my 3 year old brother does too. HELP!
I also suffer from this horrible condition. I've had it since i was about 10 years old, I am not 26. It used to be much worse when I was younger and I would get it every couple of months. Now I get it every couple of years. My symptoms include horrible stinky burps, stomach cramps and diarrhoea and vomiting. I've spent years trying to find out what triggers it. At first I thought it was eating meals late at night (I usually wake up with the symptoms) For a while I wouldn't eat anything after 6pm. This seemed to work until one morning, out of the blue I woke up with the symptoms. I then cut out fizzy drinks and I also no longer eat or drink anything orange flavoured. I haven't had these symptoms now for about 7 months and previous to that I had not had the symptoms for about 5 years. I'm not sure if the over indulging, eating late at night, fizzy drinks or orange flavour foods/drinks have anything to do with triggering the symptoms but so far this is all i can pin point it down to. I have found in the past when i do get the symptoms, zantac tablets and mints sometimes get rid of the foul smelling taste. Sometimes if it is really severe the only thing that works is vomiting until it is out of my system. In a weird way it is comforting reading everyone else's stories. I'm glad i'm not the only one who has suffered....for a while I thought I was alone.
Hello, it's strange, all of these comments and so many people complaining about eggy burps and the doctors still are not doing anything about it. I'm only 13 and i've had them since the age of 6, it runs in my family.. unfortuanatly. I get them every couple of weeks, not to sound drastic but its ruining my life, i can't live life properly because "when am i going to be sick" is constantly on my mind. I can't eat gluton, spicy products or dairy. No tablets fix my endless cycle of pain. The doctors just cease to ignore my case because it isn't life threatening! Well im afraid to say but its making me very depressed. I'm so happy that other people suffer from the same symptoms and problems! PLEASE, if anyone has any advice to give me message me on ***@****, i'll be forever greatful, Mollie x
Hi, i know it is years later and so I am hoping one of you has found out what is actually going on here! I've had this for 6 months and have ended up in hospital a few times. Doctors are baffled and say at 22 years of age I shouldn't be having these issues. They say it's weird. I have a baby and a toddler and it's become so hard to look after them! Does anyone have any answer? I have had a million tests done and am going in this week for a $1000 gastroscopy! This is the last option really. I don't know what I will do if I don't find the solution
also just stumbled upon this forum.. wondering since its been awhile that maybe someone has found the answer..  i have been suffering for years and the projectile vomitting has landed me in the e.r., I also suffer from Atrial Fibrulation and the extreme vomitting actually knocks my heart out of rhythm..  i need help..  i also thought i was the only one in the world suffering from this condition..  it's terrible..    
I've had this ailment since 1974 ... as does my wife, my two grown children and their children.  This tells me that it is hereditary.  I went through a period of time when I had this issue a couple of times a month, always the same: start with a burp that taste/smells slightly of rotten eggs ... then progresses on to a much stronger odor (it will chase people out of a room ... and god forbid that you blech in an enclosed areas such as a car or elevator!!)  Then I start getting nauseous, have rumbling/gurgling in the lower gut.  Eventually, I get to the point where I vomit (projectile/violent, almost always with dry heaves), then I have massive diarrhea (foul, rotten-egg smelling) ... sometimes, I'm on the pot with a trash can in my hand, doing both at the same time.  It is horrific.

After a couple of days, I'm good to go.  I usually wait another day before starting to introduce food ... just drink fluids and take some bullion.  If I eat before then, I run the very high chance of seeing a repeat performance.  The 'bug" is still in my gut system and any food coming in will be treated as the enemy.  Trust me on this.

Been to the doc's, of all kinds ... no one knows why I have this, other than that I have some kind of stomach virus.  I noticed that when I moved out of the state I was in, that my bouts of this greatly reduced.  In fact, I only have this issue once every couple of years now ... which is a real blessing.
Did anyone figure anything out yet? I'd really like to know! I get (as I call them) "the burps of death" often. It's so annoying because it always happens to me at night so I throw up at like 4am! Please let me know if anyone has found any solutions! Thank you!
I used to get this a lot. Turns out mine was lactose intolerance. It still happens whenever I have too much lactose without a lactose pill.
I just found one other possible answer that I didn't see listed here (forgive me if someone said this already and I missed it): a "Giardia lamblia" infection. It may be worth investigating (Wikipedia has information on it). First of all, most of the symptoms you all listed align with the symptoms of this kind of infection. Second, it can survive in cold water for some time, so if well water was contaminated, it could explain entire families having the same symptoms. I'm sure this wouldn't apply to everyone, but it may be worth looking into. Best wishes!
You can rule out gallbladder because I had mine removed when I was 23 and I still have this problem, occasionally. It usually comes about when I eat a certain combination of food or consume too much food with high sugar content. I have not had the problem for over a year but last night I was preparing a box of candy to send to my son in Iraq-my husband and I ate too much. We have low sugar intake with our diets so whenever we consume too much sugar-filled foods (not just candy, natural fruits have sugar) we both get foul indigestion. I would contact a nutritionist who can help evaluate your average diet-that is what lead to my only having the problem rarely. Good Luck
I've scanned thru all the comments.  And basically no one has the answers.  I have suffered with this ailment myself for years.  I watched a show on parasites-whats living in us.  They say this sulphur burp and vomiting with diarhea (diarrhea) is caused from parasites in undercooked food.  Especially chicken and fish.
I have had this going on 10 years now. I've heard and tried just about all the theories above. I am officially diagnosed with gastroparesis but I also have gluten intolerance which after many years can cause vegus nerve damage resulting in the gastroparesis. Stomach motility specialists are gastroenterologists that specifically treat these types of issues. Other associated conditions include all other autoimmune diseases, but this is not uncommon in diabetics. It most commonly affects women of child-bearing age but can also happen in males or females in any decade of life. Hospitals, doctors and nurses see a lot of "frequent flier" patients with this issue. Make sure your PCP and local ER know who you are and why you are there so that you can have some standing orders for how you should be treated when a flare of gastroparesis occurs. I really hope you all can find some peace and put this to rest so you can concentrate on healing. Remember to do something nice for yourself when you feel better. Stress is my number one trigger and when I begin to suffer these symptoms, I know that I have been neglecting my needs.

Peace!
Marsha
This is not a joke cut red meat pork and tomato out from your diet.
Instead eat salad pure green apples, stay away from anything high in protean for 1 month, it's not a normal condition and it happens in Europe it's because the meat you had was slightly UN-fresh, it's a bacteria that wreaks havoc on your system, believe it or not yogurt & pepto bismoll help as well that and running for a few hours make sure to drink Gatorade, this helps flush it out of your system remember stay away from bread as well the yeast will retain that bacteria also if you have diabetes consult a doctor, there is even a type of insulin that helps for people that work out.
Been very interesting reading all the various theories behind these foul/ rotten burps, diarrhoea and vommitting.

I'm 35years old, living in Zimbabwe (Southern Africa) and have had this strange condition since i was a kid. At first i used to associate it with a bug or flu and then only in my thirties started to try and anaylse it as i started to bug my wife with these foul smells!

2 years ago i had a really bad dose that whacked me for 4 solid days of bad cramps, burps, vomitting etc and left me totally drained and unable to fully enjoy the safari outing to Mana Pools National Park.

One of our friends on the trip was a doctor so at least he experienced first hand the dreadfulness of this condition. As we worked through various theories what may have caused it, I mentioned that my mom was diagnosed once with Helio bactolori(?) and so went on a 10 day course of some hectic antibiotics. Thought i was cured until it came back a week later! We then worked through all the things i ate and drank before it started and pinned it down to White wine (contains Sulphites) and normally large meals. I've stayed away from all white wine for almost 2 years and been feeling great.

However, yesterday afternoon symptons started once again and i'm currently in the middle of that terrible process once again (hence the reason for researching online solutions!) There is definately valuable insight from each posting and so thanks to all the contributors. It does seem that each person may seem more sensitive to certain dietary intakes than others and thus trying to identy what triggers the reaction and staying away from that is the best solution for now. I'm trying to work through all that i ate and drank so i can add another thing to my list to watch out for!

Thanks to those for sharing the tips on how to alleviate the condition - toast working well and vinegar to an extent!  

my wife has had this for 4 years now (since our 4 year old was born caesarian) nothing has helped. We have done everything mentioned in these posts nothing has helped. our latest GI doctor has suggested we see a surgeon for possible exploratory surgery as he cant find anything wrong. nothing helps, this has ruined our lives, the worse part is most doctors wont help us. they think she is a drug seeker. we have seen so many doctors and have been through so much.Im thinking the ordeal and lack of care or results has given her post traumatic stress disorder. she just want to die now. we have a 4 year old and a 1 year old that is the only thing keeping her from suicide.
i have only had egg burps twice, its foul and makes me wanna vomit so i avoid burping which makes pressure betweens my throat and chest. i am to scared to burp now. and i have diarea (diarrhea) my caca is just awful looking it dosnt look like a normal diarea (diarrhea) thin parts are floating above. im only 13 im very scared for my life IM ONLY 13! my mum wont take my doctors SHE THINKS IM LIEING hhhhhhhhhhheeeeeelllllllllppppppppppppp meeeeeeeeeeeeeee
HELP!
I've suffered from the same symptoms every few weeks for the last year and a half.  I'm fortunate to have excellent health insurance, and I've had thorough testing done, including colonoscopy, endoscopy, CT scan, as well as tests for O&P, celiac, h.pylori, etc.  I have also had my gallbladder out.  I'm a 40 year old male, type 2 diabetic with good control and otherwise healthy.

My typical scenario begins with the egg burps, then I have two to three solid bowel movements, trending towards more watery diarrhea.  I usually have gas and some bloating and on a couple of occasions have vomited as well.  A typical attack usually ends within 10-12 hours and I'm able to return to work the next day, although still a little unsettled in my GI tract.

My gastroenterologist believes that I have IBS, possibly with SIBO.  He assures me that they see plenty of people in the practice who have the egg burps, and that they are usually not indicative of anything in particular - just another symptom.  Because I am diabetic I have asked several times about gastroparesis, and the docs keep telling me they don't think it is even worth having the tests done because gastroparesis does not appear at such infrequent intervals, and vomiting is rare with me.

Today, for the first time, I tried several medications to try stopping an attack AND IT WORKED!

I woke up this morning feeling a little bloated with a huge eggy burp and some loose stool.  I immediately took 1 Gas-X softgel (simethicone), 1 dose of Pepto, a Zofran pill that my wife has (for nausea) and 1 over the counter Claritin generic brand.  I took the Claritin because my doc also thinks that a mild food allergy or insensitivity could be the cause.  I've drank LOTS of water today as well.

My symptoms were gone within an hour and have been gone for nearly 10 hours now.  Hope this helps someone out there who has suffered through this frustrating condition.
I have the same exact symptoms after moving into student housing. They started about four months ago. I have a gluten sensitivity, but that doesn't explain my kids getting it at the same time intervals. It's a contagion if family members are getting it. Which means it's viral or bacterial. Commonalities?
Do you live in an old house?
Do you have pets?
Do you work with sick people for work ?
Email me if you have ideas ***@****
Is this eggy burps/eggy farts contagious?

It all started when my sister had those disgusting burps & vomit through out the whole night beginning of this year. Now I'm getting those eggy disgusting burps, really bad smelly farts. First time I had those eggy burps & vomit through out the whole night. Second time I just had eggy burps & stomach cramps but no vomiting.

Today I'm getting them again & this is the third time. :(
So far no vomiting yet.
[Hopefully I don't get it, like the second time.]
It's good to know that my sister & I are not alone.
I'm wondering what triggers these eggy burps, eggy farts, & along with vomiting?
My delema started last year..had only been in bed half an hour when these stomache cramps started, so servere that i thought i was having a heart attack...the pain got so worse that I fainted and fell off the bed hitting my head on the wall. When I came around I was soaking with sweat but felt really calm and at ease, Never felt that great before. Half an hour later the pain hit me again but this time I lay still trying to ride it out but fell unconcious again, this time after comming around my wife was in tears and said that she had rang for a paramedic. when they arrived just minutes later this calmness had desended over me once again and I honestly thought my time was nearing. The Paramedics done a ECG and found nothing, not even my pulse was raised after that vigorous workout!
A few month later at work It started again...it was very uncomfortable and a colleague gave me her full box of "Smitten" breath freshners and told me to take the lot , within a few minuites I felt a huge release as if a blockage in my stomache had cleared.
I no longer get the cramps but I do occationally get these Eggy Burps...and I have noticed that a pattern has developed,  It either starts on a Sunday  night/Monday morning, now...for years my family have religously gatherd at my parents for sunday tea ,this is normally just a few hours after we have finished off a Sunday roast which normaly incudes some sort of meat..pork,lamb,beef or chicken.
My mother's food is normally the same each week..Tuna or egg sanwiches, quiche, lots of sweat stuff (cakes) for the kids.. and I normally have one of everything on the table including several cups of tea with milk and sugar.
At the start of this week I was woken by stomache acid/heartburn hitting the back of my throat and had a very uncomfortable night with constant gurggling noises and the burning sensation in my gut, churning round and round like a washing machine with eggy burps inbetween. I am convinced that my case is caused with over indulgence or/and very slow digestion allowing food to ferment in the stomache.
after reading ure post please please could u give me ure diet? im at breaking point with this, help jane
I am only 17 years old and have been experiencing bad burps and horrible stomach pains, it started last march (8 months ago) we thought it was from pizza and acidic foods so i cut that out but it still continued at least every month. been to the doctors but so far nothing no cure. we have done a HIDA scan on my gall bladder but they found nothing. then magically when i got pregnant it went away, but now that i'm 23 weeks pregnant it suddenly started up again last month. HOPING to get some relief from this pain and soon since it happens at least monthly now.
Yes I do and it smell really bad,anyway I thought nobody have this kind of disease expect myself.
My 3 year old has had something for the past 5 days.  He started with diarrhea on Monday that lasted through Wednesday morning.  He vomited one time early Tuesday morning, but has not done so again.  I took him to the doctor on Wednesday and they said he was hydrated and ok and probably just had a gastrointestinal virus.  His diarrhea stopped from about 11am until 6am the next morning when he had a blowout that he couldn't make it to the bathroom for.  It was sort of yellowish and mushy but also very watery diarrhea with it.  He was fine the rest of Thursday and even had a couple normal-ish bowel movements and then on Friday (today) the diarrhea started again.  Now it is accompanied by severe bloating and is very explosive when he goes.  He has had this all day today.  I also noticed he had a very sulfuric smelling belch earlier this evening when he was sitting on the toilet.  He has had two explosive diarrhea episodes since going to bed tonight.  He says he feels "full" and I take him to the bathroom and he proceeds to expel a lot of gas and watery diarrhea.  The doctor did give me a stool sample kit when we were there on Wednesday, but as he did not have problems that day after the appointment, I did not do the kit.  Now I plan on doing it during the night tonight or tomorrow if he still is having problems.  She told me to cut out sugar as much as possible, drink lots of water, Poweraid or Gatoraid cut with water, sugar-free popsicles, stay away from dairy, and eat only bland foods.  I did notice that it did improve when we did that (he ate plain toast a few times) and that it returned when he ate more normally.  I am hoping to get some answers from the stool test.  But, I wanted to post because he is so young and his symptoms though similar, do not include the excessive vomiting to the point of dry heaving and bile type vomit as many have posted.  He vomited once and it was a completely normal vomit.  
this is my second time having this problem in the past year. I am 16 and i thought there was something wrong with me. But now i read Im so glad theres other people who get the rotten gross eggy burps with the stomach aches and loud growls followed by diarrhea and for me because i was never a puker, dry heaves or just a bit of non-liquidy throw up that sinks. Right now i have it and im suffering this time every morning with the same cycle. Its complete hell. especially this time the diarrhea is ten times worse. I serious dont know what to do because everyone in the house thinks im beging over dramatic but its almost the same time in the morning, Im soon just going to stop eating. I hate waking up to eggy burps(which actually wakes me up it tastes so gross.) I just hope Im not going to have it my whole life, but i have a feeling I will. thank you everyone for all the comments. it really got me thinking what is wrong with me.
I am 23 years old and I have suffered with this since I was a little girl. Now my 6 year old daughter is experiencing it too. (My mother also suffers from it) It's the most awful thing ever. Nobody seems to understand the awful eggy burps and just how sick that it can make you. Its funny that I find this here, because my daughter woke up this morning and i have to keep her away from me because its making me sick just smelling it. She walked through our living room and her father said, "What is THAT SMELL!!!!!?" He had no idea it was her. Like I said, No One understands. :( I have finally been diagnosed with a bad gall bladder, so I'm hoping it will help, but I can't see anyone taking my daughter's gall boadder out. I just wish I could help her.
I do know one thing. I had gall bladder disease but didn't know it.  I was 16 years old when I just started experiencing mild stabbing pain that went through right below my ribs and coming out my back.  I ignored it and kept doing my thing and growing up and all that then I turned 19, then gave birth to my son for some reason that brought it all back and then some.  About a year after my son was born, I was getting the cramping in the same place but much more intense when I stood for more than 10 minutes like being stabbed with a dull knife and it coming out the other side only for it to be yanked out.  I didn't think anything of it just thought it was pains from becoming an adult.  Then it got scary.  I was 23 years old and I started experiencing the whole thing.  I was eating then experiencing the sulfuric burps then they kept getting stronger and stronger to the point of puking almost on a daily basis but I still kept ignoring it because I was too busy with a child.  I regretted it.  Then came running to the bathroom hoping I wouldn't have an accident over 13 or more times a day.  I used to be a very big girl around 213 lbs.  By the time I threw in the towel, I was only 90 lbs and malnutrition had kicked in.  When I went to my doctor, I waited so long that he was horrified to see me but once he did the scan he had in the er in a snap doing the surgery.  I waited so long that my gall bladder was enlarged on the verge of bursting at any moment I am very lucky.
i am having this same problem also. i am mortified.  this is no way to live.
Wow, this is a great site. I'm sorry you all are suffering. Here's my story. 3 days ago, my wife got nauseated, cramping, and eggy burps. She vomited lightly once and then had diarrhea. It lasted for about 24 hours. Yesterday, I had 2 poached eggs on toast for breakfast. By 4 in the afternoon, I started having the most obnoxious eggy/suphuric burps. My wife made a homemade turkey pot pie (yumm) from leftover Thanksgiving turkey. I wasn't hungry at all but opted to eat a small amount. She worked hard on it making it from scratch and it's so daggone good. However, within about 3 hours, the burps increased in volume to borderline huge. My stomach bloated up, It felt like I had a low grade fever though I didn't measure it, persistent cramping in the upper GI like if your constipated and have gas that won't budge. Around 11 p.m., I ejected vomit. Not a light vomit here at all. I had to sleep sitting up due to the gas I kept burping. This morning, I feel much better though I still have a lighter cramping sensation. I was finally able to have a bowl movement. No diarrhea at all. I can hear gas moving through my instestines.

From all this I ascertain the following. Something caused the food eaten to constipate at the very top end of the GI tract. As the food continued the digestion process, the gas created by an unkown bacteria perhaps made it way back to the stomach due to it's close proximity. The cramping is caused by the constipation. The body reacts to foreign bad stuff in our bowels by forcing diarrhea to get rid of it. If I end up with diarrhea to finish purging the offending intruder(s) then it would go a long way to supporting my suggestions.

Neither my wife or I have the persistent problems many of you are reporting. We both have a strong constitution but the fact that we are experiencing these exact symptoms would indicate it is some sort of pathogen. It's possible that some of your bodies are not as aggressive at completely eliminating the problem or perhaps you are continually re-infecting yourselves if it indeed a pathogen. There is certainly enough evidence listed on this page to indicate at least one source of the problem. Those of you that indicated a continuous problem for years, perhaps there is a genetic component involved with your situation. As far as the tests for various pathogens, unfortunatley, most tests are looking for KNOWN pathogens.If there is another present, they may not spot it if it is normally benign. We could be looking at a variant of a normally harmless bacteria,protzoa etc.
My daughter, who is now 6, has had this problem since she was about 3 years old. At first the symptoms were much more intense, and included sweats and her skin going flush. now she handles it allot better. the bouts are usually every month or so but sometimes she has had two or three in a month or none at all for months.  
she wakes early in the morning, with bad eggy breath, has a watery bowel movement, then vomits (sometimes vomits first, sometimes both at the same time), and the episode goes on for usually only a couple of hours, sometimes two mornings in a row. she has had blood tests and we are currently about five months into a series of stool samples that we submit to the lab every time she has an episode. we are trying to rule out bacteria. i know how frustrating it can be and i worry about her teeth corroding, her stomach being irreversibly damaged, her acidity being too high.
it is early in the morning and she awoke this morning in one of these episodes, also had it yesterday and had only the diarrhea last week for a whole day. it is uncommon for her to have it this frequently as it's usually isolated to one morning every month or so on average.
tums dont help, gravol doesn't stop it. nothing in her diet is consistently involved in the episodes. i am hesitant to change her diet because the episodes are so infrequent and sometimes she goes months without so i know it cant be anything she eats. we generally eat pretty healthy and fresh. we have two other kids who both have never had this problem.
the doctors dont seem to take me seriously. i stopped bringing her into emergency because they never do anything to help. if i try to get answers at walk-in or from my gp, it seems they dont even believe me. i am doing the stool sample and documenting her episodes and the food she eats around them.
-she says she can "feel" the puke in her throat (sounds like acid reflux)
-her episodes always start early in the morning (seems that digestion is slowed or stops throughout the night)
-her vomit and stools always still have chunks of her last meal in them (even if it was eaten over twelve hours prior) and usually it looks similar coming out both ends.. although her vomit is usually thick, yellow, and somewhat frothy, whereas her stool is literally like water with the yellowish substance suspended in it. in less severe episodes it is more consistently mixed but a very watery stool nonetheless.

i think from our experience that the condition is caused by a bacteria that is normally tolerated in the stomach. some sort of trigger causes the body to be less able to tolerate it (maybe when more bacteria is introduced into the system, when the host eats too much or too soon before going to bed) i think the bacteria either paralyzes or otherwise inhibits the digestive tract and the food ferments which alters the stomach's natural chemistry, which causes the upset which leads to the vomiting/diarrhea. i know this has all been previously speculated and seems like the obvious. it still doesnt answer to how it can be resolved :( if anyone wants to discuss this with me personally or has a youngster experiencing similar symptoms, please email me at da_kine (at) live (dot) ca
maybe it would be worthwhile to include other details of her health/body type? she is a very fair-skinned redhead of average shape. she has deepset eyes but most people notice they seem to have a purplish hue around and beneath them. she is not a big eater but sometimes when she does eat more or binge, she wakes the next morning with this sickness. she is a very spirited kid and often is stressed out because of how much discipline she receives as she is always testing boundaries and experimenting with peoples tolerance levels (much moreso than her two siblings) i wonder whether stress is a major contributing factor to this condition?
anyway, good luck to you all. i am amazed at common this seems to be and how similar the symptoms are, yet no one has a cure! incredible..
ive had this too but i drink milk it doesnt make the burps taste as bad
As a child, my mother could always tell when my brother and I were coming down with a stomach bug because our burps would start smelling like rotton eggs or sulfer, whichever you prefer. After moving out on my own and having my own house and family, my entire household started to suffer from the sulfer burps one winter. Sure enough, myself, all 3 of my children, my husband, and my brother who was living with me at the time all got a stomach virus after the burps started. Ive had the burps a few times after that and they were always followed by a temporary stomach virus. If I had to guess what the cause was, I'd say it is probably a combination of the virus not allowing your food to digest properly and it sitting in your stomach literally rotting, and the virus itself. Ive suffered from it a few times in my life that only lasted a few days and a virus always followed. From the reading I've done about it, the cause probably differs from person to person. I'd become alarmed if it was chronic, because I've also read that serious  stomach disorders can cause this same symptom. Good luck to all of you who suffer from this, whether temporary or chronic. Just remember that stomach viruses can be caught at anytime, and this symptom may just be how some people react to the virus itself.
Gluten intolerance. Research it and Celiac Disease. Celiac does not aways show a positive test until you have extensive damage of the small intestine. It is hereditary. RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!!!!!!
I am 12 nearly 13 and I have has this for over 3 years and it's soo annoying I cry of frustration every time because no one can help me! My mum thinks that I make out its worse than it is, like I don't talk because I don't wanna throw up or burp and I don't move because again I may throw up feel worse and because of this I don't know if anyone else aches all over during this? Well I am in one of these things now and I just wanna cry!:(

My doctor sed that I may have a migraine where in my brain it stops my bowl from working and my body can't get rid of my food for days so it either makes me throw up or have diarrhoea and on top of thais the worst eggy burps ever my mum sed it smells like a Fart from my mouth and it tastes horrible! Can anyone help me?
Cure = Eat Healthy.

I used to get this condition many years ago, during Anorexia, having starved myself for so long, every time i would eat something there was obvious problems digesting the food (insides were shut down). It happened that every time I would eat, I would get the most disgusting burps that were so gross they made me nauseous, I always ended up vomiting sicker than a dog within 24 hours, this really disgusting acidy rotting stuff, the food only fermented inside me, I could never keep the food in.
It got to the point that I gave up on ever eating again, but then 1 year ago I began to eat healthy... and it never happened again.

Anyways I just now am experiencing another episode after being free from it for so long, so I know what causes it for me.

First of all, I just finished a whole body internal cleanse. I ate nothing but healthy alkaline organic veggies, brown rice and some fish for 2 weeks.

What this does is gives you a good indicator when you start to slowly add in normal diet things, if its the type of food that causes your problems.

When i was following a healthy diet on mainly veggies i had no troubles. As soon as I added dairy and grains and chemicals back into my diet I have been having major symptoms, worse than before. This is because my body adjusted to living healthily, and i quickly shocked it with unhealthy foods again.
There is obviously some type of food that my body does not like. It has only been under a week since not eating healthy, and the first time I ate pasta, I had a severe attack which seemed like a hypoglycemic attack or low potassium attack, shaking, nausea, dizziness.

So a few days later, I had pasta again, this time with whole grain organic noodles instead to see if i could rule out white flour. Unfortunately I had the same reaction to both grains. But this is fine enough, I can still eat rice pastas - during my cleanse i ate rice pasta and did not have a bad reaction.
But I also had a lot of cheese both times. So now I am in the process of experimenting to see if it's cheese, or grains that is causing it. After the holidays at least... i have had this sudden attack because of all the baking and stuff... right after my cleanse.

I know what gets rid of it for me, is eating healthy.  

Dec 24: I ate two three-course meals within an 8 hour span. I was also drinking a lot. The night ended with a migraine but nothing else.
December 26: Foul burps, stomach cramps and endless diarrhea but no vomiting yet(I have a very strong stomach/constitution.) Last time this happened it was 7 years ago and i was at my fathers cousins wedding. From what i've read online it sounds like Gastroparesis.
I'm having it right now :'(
This is amazing i thought i was they only one with this problem. when i was real young I would tell my mother my burps taste like rotten eggs, she would say you have a dirty stomach then later cramps ans throwing up. I now 60 and i still do not know what causes it.  But when I eat out which is not much I will get this. was told a very long time ago, that even a little bug or sneezy or anything like that can trigger it. I ate at my mother-in -law rehab center last night, and guess woke up with same eggy burp and every thing with it.  So I have come to the conclusion when you eat out know matter how nice or how much the food cost, you have know idea what goes on in the kitchen or just how clean the employess are. So I eat out some but not much anymore. Maybe this will help it is not what you eat but where you eat. have a Bless Day and good luck
My problems with this started last year, I had no idea why. Over last xmas it became really bad. I wondered if it was to do with my digestive system, so started taking pro biotic capsules and eating pro biotic yoghurt for breakfast.

So far so good, I know its not been long, but at Xmas it was 3 days out of 5. Since I started with pro biotics, my whole system seems better.  I used to burp a lot anyway (normal ones not eggy) and those have gone away. I am far less windy altogether, which can only be good !!

Hi All
I have had such a tellible time with the Eggy Burp Syndrome that I'm just getting really fed up with it. I've had the symptoms for 6 years and up until now it was just the Eggy Burps and feeling a little sick. This would last a day then I would be fine. I did have the runs on and off too but not at the same time as the Burps. Well I started getting the Burps again about 2 weeks again and have had then every day since with the odd one or two days off. I'm getting really worried.
But After reading all you comment and endless trips to the dr and hospita over the 6 yearsl I have been told its IBS. Nice!! But I really cant get it under control again and its driving me mad x
I have had the same exact thing very serious sulfur burps to the point that I would have to back away from the burp because it was that sickening!!! Diarrhea and vomiting followed as well. Seemed as though once I puked and crapped my guts out the egg burps would subside for a little bit. I went to see a gastroenterologist and has a colonoscopy done. Not Fun! I was 20 when they did that. Found out to be gastroparesis. I became vegitarian and eat not meats what so ever. Since then, I am now 36, I have never had the sulfur toxic  burps again!!! It makes complete sense if you have gastroparesis and you eat meat that takes sometimes a week to exit your system with a normal GI system. Then take someone with gastroparesis well it could take double that time for meat to exit. So I get my protein through tofu, cottage cheese, chobani greek yogurt, protein bars,silk soy milk etc. well I just wanted to share incase you are still having this awful issue.I hope my post helped a little anyway. Best of luck to you :)
I've started burping eggs this AM .... something I do about 2-3 times a month.  Left unattended, it will evolve into nauseousness, then vomiting and diarrhea.  Like everyone else in here, I have been to doctors and have taken various test to try and determine what is causing this, but to no avail.

About 6 months ago, my wife suggested that I take some of her carbohydrate blockers (with white bean extract) ... that she had taken them when she had an upset stomach and that her symptoms had gone away.  So, I took 3 capsules the very next time I began burping rotten eggs and my symptoms never went any further than just burping.  I thought it might be a fluke, so I did the same thing the next time I began burping eggs and got the same results.  Even when I haven't been able to catch it t the very beginning due to being away from the home and not having the carb blockers with me, by taking them when I finally do make it back to the house, I minimize the symptoms and shorten the period of time that I have the issues. Give it a spin ...
im 11 years old and this is happening 2 me 2 well i havent had diarea (diarrhea) or vomit but i feel like im gonna this just started this morning and i feel like my stomake is eating me alive! PLZ HEP!!!!!!!!!!
I am a very young person. I have't even reached my adult age yet, and also have this problem. I get this problem ONLY when I eat food and it does it awkwardly for me. I noticed some of you noticed that it is usually in what you eat. I am having this terrible epidemic as my fingers type. I think I have actually discovered the easiest way to say this. Not even dependant on your weight or age you can get this still. I think it is just that certain people like us are more sensative to the ingredients and nutrients in food. Now I'll cut to the chase.
Here are some things you want to watch:

1) The foods you eat! Some tomato products (paste or sauce) may cause this effect to trigger, I had some Red Baron pizza a long time ago and it triggered it, andto ths day I can't eat Red Baron.
1a) Spicy foods can trigger this. I had chilli which includes bth spiciness AND tomato product and I ended up getting burp flu for 2 days.
  1b) Rich foods are not only unhealthy, but can trigger this also. I celebrated my nepews birthday, his cake was delicious, however my stomach thought otherwise and it punished me with the burp flu AGAIN for 2 days.
2) Watch your weight. Weight can cause certain things to activate in the body, I myself need to lose about 10-20 this is the state for most people, if you are past the weight of your age and and are above 20 lbs over, I reccomend a diet and regular exercise.
3) This is a  big big big problem, you don't even need to be sensitive to food for ths to happen.
DO NOT
GO TO SLEEP
AFTER EATING!!!
If you go to sleep after eating, your stomach is sort of blocked from letting food digest, you end up getting either pain when you are trying to get rid of the waste, OR you end up throwing up or get the burp flu. This one has gotten me millions of times and ruined my almost good nights sleep.

That is all i've really picked up on this stupid epidemic, but there are a lot more comments on this and it would probably narrow the culprit.
If anyone goes through this please post a comment, it helps a lot.

(P.S. Does anyone ever end up throwing up from the burps? And (this is probably a gross thing to ask of you) can you look at your vomit? Does it have the same appearance of the culprit food? If so then this is something to look at since i have this also. (when it first happened i thought i finally threw up a lung!)
Same thing here. Thank you to everyone for sharing...thank you for understanding how awful this is and how it is dreaded and feels as if it will ruin your life. Here's a few things I have recently figured out for myself:

possible culprits: dairy, wheat, eating before bed, possible food allergy

another symptom I haven't heard anyone else mention: I usually wake up with a strong urge to urinate and seem to have excess urine and frequency during the bouts.

what I found works very well for me: as soon as I have the urinary frequency or any other beginning symptom I take a benadryl. Usually within an hour the nausea, stomach pain and burps have subsided partially or completely.

so, this would make me believe it is some sort of allergy that causes severe irritation in the GI tract, which reults in slowed or stopped motility and presents as gastroparesis...allergic reaction can run their course within hours to a few days.  

during my last bout, I broke out in a horrible burning itching rash, starting with my feet and palms. which lead me to try the benadryl.

give it a try and let me know your results.

again, thank you for sharing.

again, thank you for sharing.
I was so excited when I read your post, but as I researched carb-blockers, it showed that the major side effects were upset stomach, gas and diahrrea (from taking carb-blockers).  So now I'm a little stumped as to why these worked for you?  Didn't you get any of these adverse effects from the carb-blockers themselves?  I'm so desperate for a solution, but I don't want to feel worse.  I'm scared...
i had this symptoms for a while I'm having it now as i type they go away after a couple of days. for me anyway. i have these attacks maybe once  or twice a year sometimes i just get the egg burps with the frequent trips to the bathroom. today how ever i have the symptoms with the vomiting which i never had before. the farting is the worse combine with the burps it is embarrassing if you in a crowded elevator or subway car and you have to fart or burp is the most horrible stench. I'm making an appointment to see my doctor today i know all this will go away in a few days i just want to know where those horrible gases are coming from.i just tried to vomit but nothing came up. I'm also having that crampy stomach feeling which  i
i never had before. my god i feel for those of you that have these attacks on a regular basis.
I am just coming to the end of another bout of this horrible gastro fart smelling burp disease. its been two days of the worst diahrea ever , its now yellow colour,  this time  i had with fever, incredible nausea but no vomiting, ( i refuse to vomit) but probably should and the disgusting burps that make me wanna puke. I have had this many times before but now that im on heart medication pills its very frequently happening.
I have to shut down for two days and not eat take immodium etc. I dont want to go to doctors because they never have answers. I am glad to hear other people have this. I feel that is bacterial related but antibiotics you should only take in life threatening situations. I also find that alcohol or specifically wine gives me gastro pain on right side of stomach. Anyway can someone just come up with a cure already its really disgusting.
I am only 23 but unfortunatley i have had this problem since i was probably 10 or 11 years old!  take Prevacid..they sell it over the counter at walmart or walgreens or just about anywhere.  when i 1st started having these problems, prevacid was not sold over the counter, and is what was prescribed to me by my doctor..Prevacid and Acipehx are the only meds that have ever helped me.   tums are ok, but it doesn't last long.  with prevacid as long as u take it once a day, it will prevent u from having these problems.  its like $25 for a box of 42 pills! its well worth it.   but you might try a smaller box to see if it is going to work 1st!  unfortunatley i dont think the problem ever really goes away, but it is treatable, or it has been for me at least.  I hope this helps some of you!! I have suffered from this problem almost my whole life, and i know how hard it is.
I am 28 and have also had this problem since I was about 12 years old. I tried many things including  LOTS of pepto but that just hasnt been working anymore. Thank you for suggesting the prevacid. I tried using it and it has been working well so far. :)
To everyone.  i am a 38 year old male who has been suffering like many of you.  About 5 years ago this started and I would honestly prefer death opposed to going through this. (just while im going through it)  It starts with an incredibly full feeling and then the burps starts.  Only way i can describe it is roadkill coming up from my stomach.  The smell alone starts the vomiting, and when I do vomit, I can see food ive eatn over the last two days, without hardly any change.  The worst stomach cramps and diaherra (diarrhea) come right with.  It happens tome every 4 or 5 weeks.  my Dr. is stumped.  He has tried all the meds ive seen mentioned here but to no avail.  Common sense tells me for some reason my stomach isnt emptying out like it should and the food actually starts to to rot in my body.  I guess just never eating a big meal again and eating a tiny bit a few more times a day is the answer?  My heart goes out to all of you.  I suffer with gegenerative joints and deal with pain on a dailybasis, but nothing comes even close tothe agony of this problem.  I honestly wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.  God Bless-Sick in NY
I too had all the symptoms above!  The one medication that changed my life is Domperidone.  I suggest talking to your doc about it because with it, I can live life normally for the first time in years.  I don't have any problems anymore!  All I can say is, do your research and talk to your doc and I do hope it helps.
My god, it makes me feel so relieved that I am not the only one experiencing these symptoms!! I'm 14years old and I experience this about once a month, but sometimes as frequently as every 3 days, and it lasts the entire day! Horrible smelling burps, stomach aches, headaches, vomiting, it's all just so horrible! I ask my mother at least once every two weeks to see a doctor just once about it but she always dismisses it as just me whining about being sick. It's so frustrating, but it gives me some self satisfaction knowing that others are experiencing the same problem. Hopefully doctors will find out the cause of this thing soon. I'd hate to have this thing for the rest of my life!
Hi My name is Dave Schultz. I have had a similar issue as you. I have to agree that it is probably the most discusting thing that I have ever had to go through. our symtoms (symptoms) seem to be the same . I have done a bit a reasearch and have found a few helpfull items along the way.

My situation started around 9 years ago. , I had no explaination and I blamed any food that I have eaten the day before as the reason why I was getting sick.

As time went on years that is I would try to pin point everything.  This is how mine started. In the Morning when I wake up I would get what I called the " BURP"  this would tell me that within the next few hours i was going to be down and out . My illness would last about 3 days. after a few hours I would have graphic liquid dark diharriah. (SP)  at this point my stomach would be so rotton feeling I can only lay down and wait till next trip to bathroom.  shortly after a days worth of bathroom trips I would start the Vomit cycle. and I would alternate sitting and vomiting..  the smell in the bathroom would be unbarable..Im sorry for the graphic nature but I do think you understand the situation. I always ended up being able to start sleeping after a few cycles of vomit. .... I would only be able to drink ginger ale and eat the occasional cracker.this has been chronic for 9 years . 2 -4 times per year.  

Positve results....  the past 2 years I have been involved with an internet franchise that has alot of great products. if you look up ISOTONIX  you will find a digestive enzyme that is very helpfull.. The other product is called Ultimate Aloe.  I have been able to reduce my 3 day event to 12 hours. from the 1st burp to the last puke.. Now I still go through the entire cycle but I do it with less pain and in less time... Im not trying to sell you anything , I just know what it is like to look for answers.. i have spent hours on the internet and never got an answer, I went to the Dr and never got any relief.  This is what I have to help .I offer it cause I know how everyone feels....
schultz rewards at yahoo com

Good Luck I wish you well  .. If you have any questions about anything that I have said here you may reply to me and I will supply my phone # if requested.   Dave
I have had the same problem since I had my first child who is now 4 1/2. I had it so bad that I could not even get up to walk and i was out with my kids doing errands. Not sure what causes it but the first time it happened I had eatten some ice cream so i cut down on my diary intake well than it happened again this time reall was not sure why. I do notice that when my bowels start to get hard or i do not go go has much i start to get the burps than the cramping in my stomach and lower back than the alternate trips to vomit or have diarreha. I have a endoscopy done and they didn't find anything so now I just take a latixtive to help with the hard bowls and it seems to help a little. I have three kids 4 1/2, 2 1./2 and 10 months, i wish they would find a the problem for this becasue it makes it hard to care ofr my kids
I find the comment about the Taco Bell to be a bit compelling...My symptoms (the hydrogen Sulfide burps accompanied by diarrhea) used to only arise when I ate too many Nacho Cheese Doritos, so I swore off of them completely. However, for the last two weekends in a row, these symptoms have returned.  I am with everyone else, I wish there was a difinitive diagnosis that came with this issue, because it is discusting and distressing to everyone who experiences it.  I also thought that I was alone and when I would try and explain the suffering to friends I would tell them, "I have burps that taste like farts!" No kidding.  Then yesterday a friend asked if there was an acidic or metalic taste to them, I didn't know.  If it is in fact hydrogen sulfide, then we are all suffering from an overly acidic stomach.  Tums have seemed to help, but only for a short time.
Today marks the second time this year, and it is only early March.  In January, it hit so bad that I had to go to the ER because dehydration had caught up with me.  During the night, I went to the toilet so much, that I f.  Of course, the ER said it was the typical "stomach flu"--I cannot remember the fancy name for it, but it is mentioned in these posts.  
elt on the verge of passing out.  Today, I woke up to the hydrogen-sulfide burp which signals the start of 24-48 hours of incapacitation.   The burp almost always comes first, and when it comes, that means that going to work for the day is out of the question.  Then, the stomach pain and diarrhea follow.  I have only vomited once last year.  Repeated burps, intense gas, and almost constant diarrhea are the symptoms.  I know it is over when the burps return to normal.  Then, it will be several days before the next bowel movement.  It is a fairly vile affair.  It is hard to sleep at night.  I have to be in a bed by myself, and one of the bathrooms in the house is reserved for me.  Going to work is out of the question as I would be on the toilet a great deal of the time.  Besides that, you could all imagine why a public restroom is not the ideal place to be.  I can hear my stomach churning,and the episodes in the bathroom can be rather loud.  

Judging by the other responses, there is no conclusive idea to what this is.  Today, it finally dawned on me that the fact it is recurrent points to something else.  My guess is that I have this "bug" all the time, but it is dormant the majority of the time.  Now, if we can figure out what makes it go active.  Whatever the case, all I can do is lay flat on my back until it is over.  This position seems to bring some measure of relief.
Yes very true
I have been like this for 3 days now.....I notice this happened after I went to a salad buffet..ive been burping egg sulfur smell, gas, bloating, and bad cramps!...
I had this last night and found this thread at 4am. I've had it ongoing for 2.5 years now, and I've had a lot of testing done for everything from parasites to gallstones to celiac disease to ulcerative colitis (blood, stool, urine, endoscopy, ultrasound and CT scan) but it's all come back clear.

Two comments have really jumped out at me, and I can't find the original authors but

1) I think food additive allergy/intolerance might be worth pursuing. Like others, the last thing I ate was Wendy's fries. A stupid "treat" I got for myself, amongst a pretty whole foods diet overall. :/ It sounds like there's quite a bit of variability about trigger foods, but I think it's possible a lot of us have food intolerances. RAST testing won't give accurate results for intolerances - you need to look at muscle testing, ALCAT testing, or keeping a food log and doing an elimination/provocation diet. ALCAT isn't covered by insurance and it's not cheap, but I think I'm going to be doing it soon because I can't keep on like this.

2) I read the post here on taking an antihistamine. I figured it couldn't really hurt to try it, and in 30 minutes the burps were totally gone. The food in my intestines still had to get out and that kept me up all night, but I didn't feel nauseous anymore, which was a marked improvement.

Another thing I experience with these episodes is that even after the acute attack is over, eating in the wake of it is tricky. I get pain easily afterwards and frequently wind up fasting for several days. The last attack I had, I decided to try eating a FODMAPs diet for a few days afterwards (it's a diet that avoids Fermentable Oligo-, Di-, and Mono-Saccarides and Polyols - thus the acronym). I had good results easing back into eating that way.

Hopefully that helps somebody. Sorry all, such a rotten thing to go through.
Sounds like an  off-egg smell fart coming up the wrong way.  Some are so bad they seem related to the sulfurcompound  mercaptin smells of skunks.
Maybe this will address part of the problem:   make sure all your sources of water to drink do not contain any sulfur related compounds.  During vacations  to SW  Florida I drank the smelly warteer, always had exceedingly smelly BM's and farts.
Tried drinking only bottled or canned products:  including cola drinks, bottled warter and even beer.   No smell.  .

And try this for a bland diet to reduce or eliminate diarrhea:   BANANAS, PLAIN RICE, ICED TEA, AND JELLO. NO CITRUS OR DAIRY PRODUCTS OR SOFT DRINKS. bananas provide potassium and other nutrients;  plain rice supplies carbs, iced tea provides tannic acid,  (no lemon but you can use a little sugar)  and jello,  provides some limited vitamins C  and  pectin.  stay hydrated with pure bottled water.
A Greek- born  and educated doctor working part of his residency on staff ay  the College Infirmary told me this.   It can work in some cases.  
One rapid response  rmed for diarrhea  is immodium.  Almosrt worth its weight in gold!   Hope this can help, even if just a little.
Pretty much have the same symptoms as most people here
-bad burps
-diarrhea or just constantly having to go to bathroom because of upset stomach
-vomiting occurs sometimes, not sure if because i smell the burps or because i have to

Someone had mentioned prevacid, in canada or at least quebec you need a prescription so pharmacist recommended pepcid, just took one now, its every 12 hours, ill update if it worked
also i find this happens after i ate a huge meal way too fast the night before or after something from a fast food restaurant
hi steve, just to let you know. my wife has had this problem since she was 18 she is now 71, she has seen many doctors, consultants even having her gaul bladder removed all to no avail. it used to come sometimes lasting just for a day and sometimes lasting for months. after having the most recent bout for seven months in desperation she went to a new doctor. having explained the problem he gave it some thought, he told her to take a drug called DOMPERIDONE 10 MG TABLETS. ONE THREE TIMES PER DAY.after a week it went. she always said that when she found something that cured this problem she would make it known to everyone. i am not kidding when she had these bouts it was totally devestating because we could never have visitors, as the smell was tso bad,and it hung about the whole house. this has given her a new life sounds simple but there you are.it looks as though food was staying to long in the stomach. but DOMPERIDONE HAS CURED IT. try it and i hope it works for you. michael wilkinson
hi again steve, just add to  the reply i sent, you will also have to keep to low fat as much as possible. try to leave out red meat bacon etc. chicken fish seem to be ok.michael wilkinson.
glad i could help!
Ive had the same symptoms since I was in elementary. I know there hasnt been much talk about weight, but I am curious as to the weight of each person here.

I was obese my entire life and these aweful flatulent burps, diarrhea, vomiting is unbearable. Threatening even.

I can honestly say though, before I broke my neck over a year ago, I was vegan for over 2 years. During those 2 years I never once had this problem.

Since being bedridden and taken care of by obese individuals from church, it has come back.

Though my neck is healed, and I'm back to working out, it's been so hard to go back to vegan due to such addictions we have with animal products and tastes.

I'm 188.6 as of today, and low and behold, today is not the first day I have yet experienced it again since eating animal.

I'm really sick of this. And I truly wonder what impact the government has over our animal raising/farming.

If we are not eating organically fresh foods, the impact deadly poisons such as pesticides, steroids (which is illegal, right?)  and other harmful substances are doing to our bodies.

I want to be back in the great shape I worked so hard to be in before the accident. I want to feel great from knowing EVERYTHING that I'm putting into my body.

I will say though, taking a dose of Pepto, was a good temporary fix.

Not having insurance either and having to get to know MY body for all these years, being vegan sure seems to have helped me in the past.

Wish me luck! This won't be easy but will be beneficial!!!

Julie Highland
OMGosh, I have been going through this for several years now and thought I was pretty much all alone. This site has lifted so much anxiety from me,just knowing there are others that have experienced this vile event. I was wondering one other thing however,and that is the "sound" of my burp. Good Lord it sounds otherworldly! Just a wonderin'... My worst,most embarrassing day was when I flew home for Christmas from Bellingham to SoCal. I was in the shower and those dang burps started. I froze with fear as I had to make that flight. I brought an extra coat and buried myself leaning against the window,faking sleep. It was all I could do to concentrate so I would not bust myself with the "audio". I dont think there was one person that didn't express themselves over the really rank odor in that plane including myself!!! I was horrified. I barely made it to the restroom for the next course. I had a two hr wait until the next flight and I did not budge off that toilet. I had it all-very frightful! I had to change my clothes. Luckily I was a few days early and had time to recoup before Christmas day. I woke up this morning starting the burp gig and all I know is I cannot go thru this again! If I experience some insight on treatment and relief,I will share. Im sorry you have to go thru this also and thank you everyone for speaking up. L
Hi I had an stomach ulcer due to cancer when I was 14 and use to get these horrible burps I found out it was pork products for some reason? I use to take Pepto Bismal to stop it. Now 37 I have been diagnosed with celiac disease and have to eat a gluten free diet and Iknow when I'm going to be ill when theses pesky burps crop up I can hear the acid rumbling around my stomach I did have a large meal the night before but still no idea whats causes them. I shall your pain.
The best part about this whole community of sulphur excreters is the shared pain (physical and emotional). Knowing I'm not gonna die is a huge relief. When I woke up with the cramping I immediately thought oh god my appendix just burst, I'm gonna die. Then I calmed down when the sulphur tasting burps started, and I googled egg burps and found this site. I think calming down definitely helps. I also know for a fact that propper sleep helps with propper digestion, because when i get over tired I often get heartburn. For whatever that is worth...From what I've read those like me with rare attacks probably got a bug parasite or salmonella poisoning. I was sick yesterday but felt better after purging. Today I was fine until I went to bed then woke up around 1AM with that terrible abdominal pain. I don't feel bad for myself as I probably brought it on myself with over eating yesterday and I think I finished a piece of undercooked chicken (so I blame myself). But I feel helpless to help the kids on this forum that suffer from the malady. Some of you have chronic symptoms and that is horrible to hear and I hope you find relief. Good luck to you all and god bless.
chicken is a hard meat for my system to handle  a i have had the above symptoms for a week now. the doc seems to think i have "gastroenteritis" and in his own words stated, "it means i'm not sure what you have going on”
if anyone out there in the med help world has any advice, let me know.
sincerely
I am currently experiencing something si
similar.
I think I got food poisoning 3days ago, causing me to vomit violently with diarrhoea. A couple of days on and I have these most disgusting eggy burps. I guess that the balance of my stomach has been upset which is causing this. I have had it before, and its a disgusting sense that whatever us going in my stomach is just fermenting.
I came online now to see what I could access easily because its a long bank holiday and most of the shops are shut. I am currently trying health salts that you can get cheaply from the supermarket, but I'm not sure of the results yet - other than a laxative effect which it does say can be expected on the tin. However, I was given some Carbo Veg homeopathic stuff a few days ago, and that did give immediate relief of symptoms then. So I will try and get some of that when the shops open. I will try a '6c' first.
I have been under an incredible amount of stress lately ... most of it stemming for all that comes with dealing with life and grief with my 5 children after my husband died very unexpectedly almost 4 years ago. I have a sty, which I have not had in probably 15 years. The eye Dr started me on antibiotics about 24 hours ago. Now I am having those nasty burps, gurgling guts, flatulence and that horrible stomach pain. I stopped taking the meds because I just can't stand the burps. I remember getting these when I was in High School. I can't remember what I did to get rid of them, but I wish I would just vomit than to keep burping every few minutes ... its about gagging me. I think I am dehydrated too, just from the hot weather and not drinking enough water. I am debating if a glass of water would help, but I am terrified that it is going to make it worse. All this just exacerbates the stress and symptoms ... Ugh ... its so bad, I wish someone would just rip my guts out and make it stop!!!  Father's Day without my husband, my dad, or any of my or my husband's grandfathers is bad enough ... these burps and this gas is just too much ... just make it STOP!!!!!  YUCK.. GAG!!!!
I have had it twice in the previous week, both after having a large amount of food just before i go to bed, so that may be a possible cause, also, I have found pinching  your nostrils with your fingers will allow you to not taste the burps at all until you unpinch your nostrils (pinching so that your nostrils are blocked), it isn't much but it takes the primary disgusting taste away.
i am a 27 yr old type 1 diabetic with fibromyalgia i also suffer with anxiety disorders and depression, recently i have had eggy burps with sever stomach pains upset stomach and feeling sick and weak it has lasted up to 3 weeks each time doctors have run tests but with no real results, i am a mother of two and a wife to a very patient husband but this is really starting to effect my life just last week i missed one of my best friends weddings due to being stuck on the loo and to weak to do anything. does anyone know what is causing this and or tip on how to help it any advice greatfully recxieved xx
  There is something called a 'stomach seizure'  its a neurological disorder which effects the stomach causing internal convulsions of the stomach...this can be mild or very severe.  All of the symptoms posted here fit the criteria.  I'm not saying all of u have this... But its a definite possibilty for some of you suffering this affliction.  Go to a neurologist, discuss the possibility with him or her and ask for an eeg and a sonogram.   You might just need to take a simple pill per day...  Or it may be more serious...either way...its with a shot.   Celiac disease is also a possible cause of this, also an allergy to a certain type of spicey food product might possibly be the cause.  If you are on any type of serious medication, like neurological medicines or medicines for cancer or HIV/AIDS, they have a history of causing these types of symptoms.
Viewing 1-200 comments: