Sulphuric burps followed by uncontrolled vomiting-diabetic
My Diabetic wife is currently in Critical Care in a local hospital, had sulphuric burps a couple days ago, followed by high sugar and keto-acidosis. Was starting to get better, then suddenly started to vomit again, this has been going on all day, every test they run seems ok, nobody has a clue as to whats going on, I'm told "she's a puzzle". Unfortunately, the way I see it, unless they uncover something, she will wind up a puzzle never to be put back together. Any help would be appreciated.
Blessings.
Several times a year, I have episodes of sulfuric burps and nausea.  Often, I will have diahrrea as well.  Absolutely nothing helps it.  Sometimes it seems related to eating large meals or fatty foods; other times it could appear for no apparent reason.  I am a medical professional (and not diabetic), and have asked various physicians and have done much reading.  I no longer accept that the problem is due to "gastroparesis", which would cause food to be retained in the stomach for a very long period of time, thus causing the food to ferment....resulting in foul gas.  Starting in March, the problem began occurring nearly every day.  I noticed that the sulfur syndrome could begin as soon as 15 minutes after a meal.  No meal is going to ferment and turn sulfurous (and why would it always be sulfurous in nature?) in 15 minutes.  Too far fetched.  I have no insurance; therefore no tests have been taken.  However, a friend who also had the sulfurous issues insisted that I try Prevacid SoluTabs.  Prevacid capsules did not help her or me whatsoever.  The SoluTabs have worked like a MIRACLE.  Just a suggestion.  Or perhaps the doctor will prescribe Nexxium or other meds.  Best wishes.