Swelling in front of ear
Hi Docs and All the medhelp chaps!
Recently got a small bulge near my ear,
Size like a t-shirt button..
It is pain-less, firm and Non-movable..
The exact location is been shown in image below,
I'm utterly confused about its location, i.e on PARATOID gland or ABOVE IT?

I had a tooth cavity, and my general physician told me that sometimes it happens when you have tooth infections..
I'm 23 yrs old, never had such a kind of problem..
It's been 20 days now, it has subdued to some extent, thanks to PRANAYAM Yoga, but it is still on..

Had browsed the web for salivary gland infections, Mumps etc, but they seem to be "Off-target"..
And above all,
how much time should i wait and when should i consult a specialist for the same?
well it could be a titty and really a boob but sometimes when people wear earings it can leave one and its just a knot it won't hurt or bust or anything...brittany
No i dont wear ear-rings..
I'm 24 M..
That snap was demo to justify the exact location of the bulge..
is the bumpl just obnoxious? I have a bump similar to what you describe behind my ear, and it's just a pocket of fat that I've had for years. It's totally harmless, just weird looking. Most of the time, I forget that it's there.

If what you have is what I have, it can be removed with surgery. My father (who I got the tendency from) has had loads of them removed over the years. If you're worried about it, talking to a GP or a dermatologist might be worth a shot.

Good luck,

~Dame
If you have any kind of infection- see a doctor as soon as possible!  

I know that an immediate relative of mine had cysts right about where the arrow is pointing in the picture- they grew into her face for a number of years and eventually, she had them surgically removed.  But hers had pus that could be squeezed out- toothpaste consistency on one side, liquidy on the other.  

Since it's not movable, one might think that it has it's beginnings are underneath the skin and not just involving the skin, since the skin is a movable organ.
It is IN-FRONT of ear, right next to it, and is inside, not on skin..
A fact is, couple of hours after yoga, it seems like fully gone, and it re-appears at afteroon, like a small bulge..
If it comes and goes, that's suggestive that its a liquid of some kind. I would see a PCP or ENT sooner rather than ater.
I thought just occurred to me- and me with TMJ dysfunction, arthritis in the jaw joints and bouts of jaw joint capsulitis!   That's right about where your jaw joint is!  Perhaps when you are relaxed- the jaw joint does not stick out, but later, if you are more stressed, you might clench or something, making the joint evident?  
It is still there, i will consult to doctor within 10days if it doesn't go..
Also, previously i had TOOTH INFECTIONS (Got a ROOT CANAL transplant now), can it be a factor for it???