Swollen, painful lymph nodes.
miu
On January 1st I felt a tender/painful lymph node under my jaw, on the left side. The following day I discovered more swollen (but not painful) lymph nodes in my neck/jaw region. The lymph node was painful for 2 days. On January 5th I discovered swollen lymph nodes in my armpits. One lymph node, on the left side, was painful. The pain went away in 2 days as well, but they're still swollen like the ones in my neck/jaw.
Right now I have a small, painful lump in my leg, close to the back of the knee.  I'm guessing it's a lymph node but I don't know if there are lymph nodes in that area. This lump is in my right leg.
What could be causing swollen lymph nodes all over? And lymph node pain that seems to be moving down?
I'm not showing other symptoms.
Try getting checked for lyme disease
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Swollen lymph nodes across multiple areas or generalized lymphadenopathy can be due to viral infections such as mono or EBV or cytomegalovirus or due to bacterial infections like TB.  HIV or AIDS, leukemia, lymphomas and other cancers can also be a cause. This could also be due to inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis. It is difficult to determine the cause on net. This is not something you should ignore. Please consult your doctor. Take care!