Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Swollen Ankles & Feet and big red splotches on my legs..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I went to an amusement park on Monday.  Walked around all day and half the night..by the time i left my ankle and feet were swelled a little bit and i started getting red splotches on my legs.  It's been almost 24 hours and it keeps getting worse.  It's a little hard to walk...it hurts.  I've also noticed that for about the last month my right leg is starting to go numb when i sit for any amount of time.  It starts hurting then goes numb.  I dont know if this is connected to the other issue but does anyone know what this is??
1 Comment

I think there are to issues here. the first is that for the past month you have noticed that if you sit for some time, your leg goes numb after it hurts a bit.

Also, when you went to the amusement park the day before, you developed some kind of sores on the legs which have increased over the day and has made walking difficult.

I think the first condition indicates some kind of nerve compression/damage and is probably located somewhere in the hip or spine since it increases on sitting. There may be many causes for this and the one s that come to mind immediately is nerve entrapment and sciatica. An orthopedician or neurologist would give you tremendous help in this matter. You must try and sit on softer areas from where ist is possible to keep your leg awake by constantly giving it some stimuli.

On the other hans the other lesion appears to be due to the excessive exercise that your feet may have gone through at the amusement park. I would think that this may also be due to faulty shoes which have caused the swelling and sores. This is an acute condition and in case of sores they must be kept clean and shown to a healthcare professional who would promptly examine and advise you on the treatment.
Till that time, please use some pain killers, local antiseptic applications and keep the feet raised when you sit to help improve the circulation back from the legs to remove the swelling.

I hope this helped.

let me know if you may ahve any thoughts/queries.