Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Swollen Labia Minora with Discomfort

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Swollen Labia Minora with Discomfort

My fiance and I had sex the other day and I wasn't as wet as I usually am, and though it was slightly uncomfortable, we made love anyway. Everything was fine and normal afterwards. Last night I was slightly itchy with a little more discharge than usual, but nothing very concerning. This morning when I woke up I had much more discharge on my liner than usual and it was slightly discolored, almost the same way it is at the beginning or end of a period. However I had some serious discomfort walking and when I looked at myself, my left labia was incredibly swollen and red and my right was only beginning to swell. I took a hot bath and this gave me some temporary relief, but I have continued to be in some discomfort since I got out of the bath. Someone please help.
What you have is what is called the "honeymoon syndrome".

Although it is normal to have natural lubrication and feel moist, it is not normal to have any type of discharge.

It is very likely that you have a fungal infection like Thrush.  Your doctor can prescribe antifungal cream or an oral capsule for this.  The doctor may decide to take a swab to be analysed at the lab to identify the fungus that is causing your symptoms or may issue you with antifungals due to your symptoms.  Your fiancé will also need to be treated.  This is because you can get this through sexual intercourse, as well as taking antibiotics, having a high sugar diet or not controlling sugar levels if you are diabetic.

Don't use any soaps or harsh products or feminine sprays down below, these can aggravate the condition.  It is also best to wear cotton underwear and not wear tight clothing.

Best wishes.
go to your doctor.  you could have an infection.  and you might have to use a cream to keep you moisturized.  you did not say how old you are.  this might be serious.  best thing is go to your doctor.
I honestly think that the swollen labia is caused by the fact that u werent as wet as usual, i had that before , i woke in the morning after having sex the night before with a swollen labia, i went straight to the walk in clinic they put me on a antibiotic, and said the swelling was from the friction, but also did u use a condom cause if u did, it might be an allergic reaction, i hope this helps
I find that white vinegar helps... it stings at first, but then it heals the redness and scratchiness.  Many doctors recommend a vinegar douche.  That sounds painful, but it really does soothe the vaginal area.