Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Swollen Lymph nodes in neck, low grade fever for 8 weeks, severe night ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Swollen Lymph nodes in neck, low grade fever for 8 weeks, severe night sweats.

Hi...I have had a low grade fever for 8 weeks now.  The doctor noticed that my lymph nodes were swollen in my neck on both sides.  I wake up in the morning/middle of the night soaked with sweat.  I have acne along my jawline.  I itch all over, cough much more than usual. I have nausea and I feel faint alot of the time.  I have done a pregnancy tst....negative. Back in October my Vit. B was low and I was told that I had an unspecified bacterial infection.  In December the doc told me that my white blood cell count was high in my urine.  I went back for more bloodwork about 2 weeks ago and it came back normal....I don't know what tests were ran.  I asked to be referred to a internal medicine doctor but he refused, he says that there is nothing wrong with me.  I know that most of my symptoms can be chalked up to stress but the fever for 8 weeks is not stress.  I really don't know what to do because my doctor will not help.
Thank you for your help.
Get a new one! I have been through 3 in last 6 months. You know your body.
Your symptoms sound like lymphoma. You need to go to another doctor, maybe an ENT doctor. They need to do a biopsy of one of the enlarged lymph nodes. I would not mess around with all of the symptoms you are experiencing. Please let us know.

Take care,

Debbie

How high was your WBC ? Usually if you have lymphoma, your labwork, including your WBC will tip off your physician.

Are your lymph nodes painful when you touch them ?

P.S. - One thing is for sure. If your physician says there is "nothing wrong with you" and yet you are having all of these symptoms... then that tells me that you should get another physician and ASAP. This physician you have now should know better and I'm wondering if he couldn't read your labs right either. I would also get copies of your bloodwork.

Hi...I don't know how high my WBC was.  He just told me it was high, he also told that my testosterone level was a little elevated but not enough for concern.
I am in the process of trying to get in to another doctor.  It is not easy, my husband is Military so we need referrals for everything.  He is only home until next Sunday, he leaves to go back overseas for another 6 months so we are working hard to get me checked out before he leaves.
Thank you for all of your comments and help.  I know I have to get a new doc, I don't understand why he would not refer me to a specialist?
Hi again...my lymph nodes are not painful to touch.

My advice is to get seen right away, even if you have to create waves. It is true that all of your symptoms could be from lymphoma and if your other physician missed that, then you need medical attention immediately. You may want to go to Urgent Care and/or the Emergency Room. You need to rule this out ASAP.

Also push to have your thyroid levels run - many of your symptoms could be attributed to a thyroid disorder.
Hi, they did check my Thyroid function and said it came back normal(blood test...is that the standard for checking Thyroid?).  Any other ideas on what this might be?
Could it be Lyme disease?
Thanks.

It very well could be lyme disease or another type of infection. However, normally with lyme disease, you would probably be experiencing some joint pains by now and would have had a rash. But every person is different. I see it this way, if you do have something more serious, the faster you get diagnosed.. the better off you'll be.

Keep in touch and let us know what happens, okay ?

If my blood came back normal the last time it was tested ie. WBC normal, could it still be cancer?  My doc told my husband that if I had cancer my WBC would be consistently off...not up and down.  Thnak you so much for your help.
What exactly is your "low grade fever"  Already determined that you need a new doctor did you ever have Mono which is in family of Ebstein Barr Virus and also Lymphoma could be linked also.  Good luck in finding a new doctor.
Hi...I also wanted to add that everything tastes and smells bad or 'funny'.  I don't eat much anymore and when I do eat it makes me ill.  Does this also go along with a lymphoma?

The answer to your question is yes.

I believe the bad smell & bad taste can also go along with Sjogren's Syndrome. In addition, the night sweats as well. But you really need to be seen right away and get a diagnosis so they can treat you immediately... especially if it is something more serious.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/sjogrenssyndrome.html

HI, my low grade fever is anywhere between 99.1-100.1, it has been that wasy for at least 8 weeks.
I do not have a history of infectious diseases in my family.
I am still working on the new doctor, very slow process.

Glad to hear you had a normal WBC. I believe your physician would be correct, but I also believe you need a diagnosis ASAP.

Do you have another appointment scheduled with your physician soon ? Consider asking him/her about Sjogen's, sarcoidosis, thyroid, as utahmomma said, and other conditions. Your new physician should do a COMPLETE work-up.

In the meantime, you may want to consider getting a lymph massage. It may just make you feel better in the meantime and also help you physically. I hear they feel great too ! = )

I have had a fever x 3 weeks. I was admitted to the hospital for 6 days due to increased liver enzymes, low WBC and fever.  CT of the abdomen and pelvis revealed hepatosplenomegaly and free fluid in the pelvis.  Chest x-ray showed pleural thickening at the apices. I had an ERCP which removed some "sludge" in the common bile duct (Gallbladder removed 5 years ago).

After 6 days of I.V. fluids and antibiotics, they could not find a source of infection so doctors decided to release me rather than risk a nosocmial infection.  I have a history of lupus.

Any thoughts as to what could be causing my fever?
simbah I have an understanding what your going through reasently i have had the same simptoms as you but with swollen glands in my groin as well. they did blood tests found nothing later they did a cat scan for stones and found at least one tumor there are more tests to see if i have more then one. my issue started off like yours about 8 months ago please continue to look for a good dr they do axist     to fever gal I found a disorder of the lymphatic system by acciden while I was reserching my problem the disorder is called
Chylous Ascites or milky Ascites see if it maches    

How are u now? Recovered?

My gf in singapore is having the same symptoms as u.

Pls advise. Tks.
I have had similar recurring symptoms for some time - acne type spots appearing on jawline and around mouth, often in line patterns, swollen glands, nausea, itching and and after various diagnoses from different doctors (of acne, impetigo and glandular fever variously) have finally been diagnosed by a hospital dermatology consultant as suffering from recurring Herpes simplex 1 (HSV-1) and treated successfully with topical aciclovir cream and aciclovir tablets.

Apparently herpes 1 is often misdiagnosed as bacterial infections, acne or impetigo. Worth checking this doesn't also apply to you?
Hi!

I have been going through hell trying to get a dignosis for a lump in my neck as well!

The lump is under my jaw on the left side and measures 2cm/4cm.

It is placed between my carotid arteries...

I had a biopsy done and a CT scan...when I went in for the results my ENT told me we had to start over because they did not get enough cells from my biopsy and the lump is in a crappy spot so the CT scan showed little.

I have no other symptoms except sometimes my body temp rises to 99.6...from my normal 98.6...and I can almost always feel this change.

I am 19...a non-smoker and I drink only on occation.

Goodluck to everyone else... :(
Hi there,

Did you ever find out what it was? My 1 year old is experiencing something similar. She has a large mass on her neck(4-5 cm) It is rock hard and doesn't hurt her at all. She is not sick at all and is acting normal. Her blood work came back and a couple things were high but they said nothing alarming. LDH-484 Alkaline 304 AST-52. She has been on antibiotics for 10 days and it is the same size if not larger. They just gave her a new one yesterday and said to wait 2 weeks, see if it goes down. What is your opinion?
why don't you try to have chest x-ray. maybe you can start from there. just try to have one.