Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Swollen Lymph nodes on the right side of my neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I've had a swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck for four days. At first it wasn't very big but it has gotten bigger. The lymph node, my throat and my ear all hurt and I've also had a bad taste in my mouth for three days. I haven't seen a doctor about it yet. what could be the problem?
You could have something in your salivary gland that is blocking and swelling up.  Does it come and go or is this the first time?

Sometimes that will happen when a cold is coming on and your lymph nodes are trying to catch all the "bad stuff".

In any case, make an appointment with an Ear Nose and Throat specialist to rule out anything more severe.

Let me know the verdict and I'm hoping for a simple solution for you.
This is the first time it's happened to me. I'm hoping they find something when I go to the doctor.
It's mono. I had that same thing. But if you had mono once you can't get it again but you can still carry it and pass it to other. but it wont effect you. Do not make connect with people if your a hugger then hug for a least one second Try not to get to close anyone. don't not kiss anyone and please do not have sex cause you can pass mono that way too. Go see a doctor now before it gets worse. they will give you two shots and then take blood. and they might make you an x-ray for your neck to make sure it's nothing else. :D All that happened to  me. I hope you get better. Also If you havn't made connect with someone who had mono you can get it from being in a hot sweaty room pushed up against someone.

Oh! and DO NOT left anything heavy and do not fight or exercise cause your spleen will burst.. yea just saying
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In all probability you have a bad attack of throat infection/sinusitis.
Neck lymph nodes can be the result of tonsillitis, pharyngitis (infection of upper throat), infection in mouth, caries in tooth, internal ear infection, outer ear infection, eczema, dermatitis, dandruff, breast cancer, fungal infection, other cancers like lymphoma etc. If you had flu like symptoms initially then it could be due to infectious mononucleosis too.  
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
I ended up getting diagnost with pharyngitis and strep. I got some meds and all should be good