Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Swollen gland or lymph node, sweating, fatigue.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

My main concern is the painful, swollen gland/node in my neck. I'm not entirely sure which one it is. It's right behind the corner of my jaw, about an inch below my left ear. In the past three days, it has swollen up to the diameter of a 50 cent piece. I'm also experiencing pain throughout my neck and down to my left collarbone.

Accompanying this are headaches, fatigue that's so bad I almost feel narcoleptic, and sweating. The sweating isn't just at night, but all the time. I can be sitting down in a comfortable temperature and the back of my head, my neck, and my armpits are just soaking wet. I've also noticed an increase in my appetite since I've been having these symptoms.

I've never felt anything like this before in my life. The whole left side of my neck is overcome by a stabbing, sharp pain, but it's constant. It's a comfortable 68 degrees in my house and I'm sweating like it's 95 degrees. Please, any advice as to what this might be is welcome. I really appreciate it.
That is your lymph node alright. Mine on the right has been swollen painlessly for years. What they told me when I first freaked out was that lymph nodes swell when the body is fighting off an infection (bacteria) or a virus. I have a feeling that yours is a virus, they frequently cause the body temperature havoc. Mono is one of the viruses that cause fevers, swollen neck lymph nodes, and muscle aches but I'm sure there are others. The way to kill a virus is usually with antibiotics, I'm afraid you'll have to get those from a docor. The pain in your neck is because of the swollen node pressing against the muscles in your neck.

So pop some ibuprophen for inflammation and fever reduction, and head to the doctor.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A lymphnode below or side of jaw can swell due to infections of head, neck, sinuses, ears, eyes, scalp and pharynx or upper throat. So if you have any such infection or even if it is something as simple as dandruff or poor oral hygiene or dental infection, then this needs to be checked.
Other than this it can be an infected cyst or a boil. It need not be a lymph node.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP to run tests and examination to clinch a diagnosis. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!
This could be anything .Have you had a sore throat or the like recently?
Go and get checked out by a doctor.who will be better able to reassure you.
Thank you all for your responses.

Turns out it's strep throat... in fact, it's THE most serious case of strep throat I've ever had. My tonsils are the size of golf balls - literally. I can't sleep or eat. Every time I swallow, I feel like someone is pushing a screwdriver into the back of my throat.

I'm still skeptical on the diagnosis because the doctor who examined me didn't even do a rapid strep test. He just looked at my throat and said "Yeah, strep." Should I be concerned about this?
I would suggest the doctor is right in this case. All the symptoms you have and his/her eyeball as they say would suggest a strep throat. Not to be taken lightly anti biotics or the like will clear it up .Try not to worry too much it will get better. Remember to drink .drink..drink
Water not alcohol.!! cheers pancres