Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Swollen gum behind last bottom molar

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Swollen gum behind last bottom molar

Hello
I am not sure If I have an infection or if one of my wisdom teeth are coming in..?
This has been going on for about 2 and a half weeks.
On the right side of my mouth, the fleshy gum part behind my bottom last molar has been randomly swelling up and then going away. The swelling is enough to rub annoyingly against the top. The swelling goes away, but I have been hearing my heartbeat in my ear constantly, which started before the swelling appeared..Now it is constant, even when the swelling goes away... There is no pain just annoyance at this point. I noticed usually The tooth swelling starts at night, but it usually doesn't last into the morning, but It did for the first time today...I wanted to go to the dentist but apparently there are no openings until september..?! So far I have not taken any ibuprofen or anything, should I?

I am also wanting to get this under control because I am getting married in 4 days and I dont want anything like this to be going on..Im just not sure what to do?
Please help, I will be very grateful!
What I have heard. Apparently it is pretty normal to have sore gums or problems with teeth in pregnancy.Just make sure you take extra care with flossing and brushing regularly. And if you do go to the dentist make sure to tell them you are pregnant as having xrays may not be the best thing for you and baby.As for ibuprofen I would not take any of that and stick to basic Tylenol.
"Taking ibuprofen for a few days to manage pain and inflammation from something like a sprained ankle or sciatica probably isn't a problem. But it's not advised for chronic pain relief, particularly in the last trimester of pregnancy.

A related drug, indomethicin, has been associated with heart problems in a small percentage of babies exposed to it during the third trimester. So even though ibuprofen hasn't been found to cause problems, since it's chemically related to indomethicin we advise against its use after 32 weeks

As for your heart beat this to is normal according to what I have heard so it is not really something you should be alarmed about. Still. I am not a doctor so if things become bothersome to you I would def make an appointment with your doctor just to ease your mind and get advice from someone who knows though I have found that much of the information I have been given during my pregnancy is based on opinion not always fact.

I hope this helps you in some way and CONGRATS on your marriage. Have a great time and enjoy yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :) All the best...
Hi sorry. I just realized your question had nothing to do with pregnancy and I forgot I was on a general site....Sorry i could not help more..:)
Sounds like it could possibly be your wisdom teeth,
Ring your dentist back and tell them it is really urgent, you are in a lot of pain,
If you still carnt get in till Sept. still make a appointment for asap.
Then go to your docters tell them your situation and that you carnt get into the dentist till sept and they should be able to advise you on what to take till your appointment date.
Congrats on getting Married, it will be the best day of your life, it was for me :)
Take care
Claire