Swollen lymph node?....groin?..
Hello

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in,however I'm hoping someone can answer my question.
On Monday I woke up and noticed two long scratches on the left side of my groin/close to crease in my leg which I must have done in my sleep, I didn't think much of them.

The following day I woke up and noticed that I had a swollen lump in the left side of my groin next to where the scratches are. I am guessing it is a swollen lymph node?....It is quite achy/sore. Would a small thing like scratches cause a lymph node to swell?

I will admit that I am a bit of worrier, so I apologize if this question seems ridiculous. The lump feels firm/tender/sore/and moveable (I think).

I have recently just got over a sinus infection,although in this case I am guessing that is irrelevent as sinuses are not located in  the groin.

I'd be grateful for any feedback.
Also, It also disappears when I lie down - when I was younger Ihad a hernia removed from next to my belly button (left side) could this be related?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Well, is scratching caused some infection to enter skin then yes, this can cause swollen lymphnodes. It can also be due to infectious mononucleosis (since you had a viral fever), however neck lymphnodes are more common. Check the crease of leg to see if there is fungal infection, sweat dermatitis, etc. Swollen lymph nodes in the groin could be due to STDs (e.g., gonococcal infection, herpes simplex virus, syphilis, chancroid, granuloma inguinale, lymphogranuloma venereum etc) or infection in foot. Please consult a doctor.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!
Hello

Thanks. I previously had glandular fever in 2009 and that is the only other time I've experienced swollen lymph nodes like this.
p.s. I get really bad cases of psoriasis on my feet/calves of my legs from time to time, which I have suffered from for a few years.Could this link to it?
yes, possible