Swollen lymph nodes creeping down left side
Last summer i had a viral infection that went away with antibiotics which my left gland in my neck was huge and painless.  The gland went down after a little while but not all the way like the other side.  About 5 months later i had a lymph node swollen above my collar bone for about 2-3 months which subsided but i am still able to feel it.  now i have a swollen gland under my armpit that is slightly painful for about a month now.  I have seen a docter and had blood test and chest xray and he said everything was fine. My neck gland is very large still every morning when i wake up and slighty gets softer as the day goes on.  couple a questions.

1  Why are my glands doing this?
2  What would cause the one in my neck to get bigger at night?
3  Could i have a viral infection for a whole year?
4  Are the tests i had proof enough of good health?

I have been really worried about this for a whole year and i just want my stress about it to be over.  Please reply.
Hi there,
           Just a quick comment about swollen lymph glands.

These glands often swell as a reaction to a pathegen(ie virus/infection) because they are involved with the bodies immune systems response to such attacks.

It is not unheard of for the glands to stay swollen for some time. I once had one of my glands under my neck stay swollen for several months, but eventially it went down.

Try not to worry but if it continues, seek reasurance from your Doc.
Hope this helps.
If you keep feeling the lymph node(s) it will make them reactive and keep them enlarged. Lymph nodes are VERY sensitive. Once enlarged, it is so easy to keep them this way by feeling them. Leave them alone and GENTLY feel them approx once a week. I do mean, GENTLY. It could take 6+ weeks for you to notice improvement. If they get larger then you should go see a doctor and explain that you have left them alone and they are getting larger. I have had the same problem and did hours and hours of research on this issue. Hope this helps and try not to worry!
I had a similar problem, I had some viral infections and my glands were very swollen. after over a year I was afraid something was wrong since they still were that way and one was very large. My regular doctor referred me to a specialist and I had surgery done and had the largest one removed. Prior to surgery the specialist told me it wasn't totally uncommon for them to stay swollen even after anitbiotics, but he removed it just to be sure and it turned out to be fine.
A related discussion, swollen limp notes on the left side was started.