Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Swollen lymph nodes in three regions with fatigue and muscle weakness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hello all, I am a 25 year old healthy female.  I have been feeling very fatigued for over a month now.  At first, I thought I was having problems with my thyroid because glands in my neck were swollen.  I went to a GP, he also thought that my glands were swollen that that my thyroid was also swollen.  He ordered blood tests.  My blood tests came back with my thyroid functioning on the low side of normal.  My fatigue seems to be getting worse, and my body has been very achy through my legs and lower back.  I now am also experiencing shortness of breath with very little exertion.  I went back to my GP because I also developed sores in my mouth.  The sores are now almost gone, but the GP notices that my glands are now swollen under my arms, behind my knees and slightly on my left groin.  He referred me to a ENT to have a lymph node removed.  Any ideas as to what this might mean.  I am very concerned and am having a hard time concentrating on other things because this is stressing me out.  I appreciate any help you can provide.  

Thanks!
1 Comment
Meglymph-Sounds like we have some things in common and I can totally sympathize w/the mouth sores.  I started w/one huge sore 2 months ago now I'm getting them on the roof of my mouth and in the corners as well.  I kind of passed all that off as stress related and didn't mention it to the Dr. though.
As for the other symptoms you have they're right in line w/mine and the two Dr's I've seen have all but said I'm crazy for thinking there is something wrong.  The surgeon my PCP referred me to told me she didn't believe a biopsy was necessary and that it's some sort of infection causing the swollen nodes and to wait a few months to see if it worsens.  When I tried to ask her what to do for the pain and swelling she got snippy w/me and said "I'm trying to convey to you there is nothing to worry about" and didn't answer my question.  It sounds like your Dr. takes your condition and peace of mind a little more seriously than mine, hopefully you'll find out what's going on.  If a biopsy is suggested you should do it-better safe than sorry.  This is the first time I've ever been concerned enough to see a Dr. about anything so I know how worried you are.