Swollen sternum
Today while standing next to my husband, I placed one of my hands on my husband's chest, leaned in and kissed him while he was sitting in a chair.  As I pushed off of him he immediately yelled out in painbecause his chest started to hurt him.  After the pain went away we discovered a lump located just below his sternum.  He is not having any difficulty breathing and he is not in any pain (just initially it hurt).  However, he was unable to keep his dinner down tonight, we think it might be just from his nerves, not knowing what is causing the lump.  Could he have just a protruding sternum that we did notice before or could it be a more serious situation?  
Just an update.  Went to the doctor and found out that the Xiphoid process broke off.  Which is very strange for this to happen the way it did.  It usually only breaks during CPR or from a seatbelt when involved in an accident. Getting a bone scan today to find out whyit broke so easily.  But after we got home we realized that the doctor didn't tell us the course of treatment.  Does anyone know?