Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Symtoms to an unknown bite

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Symtoms to an unknown bite

I had a painful bite on bottom of my foot while mowing the lawn on a wednesday.There was no stinger and a very minimal site.  The site never swelled. That evening I could not drive at 10 and 2 because the sun was so painful.   I had a doctors appt the next day and told him about it. My hands felt like I was being bitten by fire ants. He put me on five days of prednesone (sp). When I exercised I felt like I had icy hot in my veins esp hands and feet and up arms and legs and was cold sensitive.  Such as to the part of a sheet which I had not been sleeping on. On saturday I could not stand to push a stroller because of my hands and my feet burned like I have never experienced.  I got water blisters on my knuckles. The week following when I did arm excercises like jumping jacks I had unnerving tingling icy hot pain in my hands and veins(?) from my feet. I experienced
RASHES, LOCALIZED AND CAUSE UNKNOWN

Symptoms | When to call | Homecare Advice

Shingles Rash on Right Flank

The photo shows the typical rash of shingles (also called Herpes Zoster.
There are multiple small blisters grouped together in one area of body (i.e., dermatomal distribution or "band" or "stripe"). It is unilateral, that is, it is present on only one side of the body.
Petechial Rash on Foot from Meningoccemia

Meningococcemia is a life-threatening illness, that progresses rapidly.
The photo shows a dark-reddish-purple spots on the top of the foot. These are referred to as petechiae.
Petechiae are small red or purple spots that do not disappear when pressure is applied to the skin. For example, if you press a glass down on the spots, they do not disappear. You can still see them through the glass.

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Symptom wise following a history of some bite it looks like rabies, encephalitis or Lymes. Since it was not a rabid animal and since you do not have any brain related symptoms, Lyme’s disease is most likely. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined for Lyme’s disease.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
If you have Lyme disease you will require a regimin of antibiotic.

Drnee made some good suggestions.

There is a window in which to take the antibiotics. If this window is mjissed the problem becomes chronic and debilitating.

The thing is to find a physician who will pay attention to you. Call a museum of natural history and speak to one of the insect specialists. They are very helpful in disgnosing insect bites.

Don't let this go. The prednisone was appropriate, but the physician did not go far enough in exploring the etiology of the problem.

You do not have shingles or herpes.