Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Tearing and tingling sensation in the shin after a fall

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

A few weeks ago I fell outside on my left knee. I didn't feel I had done much damage as all I had was a scrape on the knee. But a few days after the fall I noticed if I just touched the skin to the left of the upper part of my shin I get a numbness sensation and it feels as if something is tearing inside. If I kneel down the pain is severe as if I am kneeling on something sharp. The tingling or tearing sensation can last for a few minutes to an hour and then subsides but any time I touch that area I still have the tearing sensation. Could something actually be torn and what should I do to help it heal. I have no problem or pain walking and unless I a kneeling down or rubbing that part of my leg I would never know there was a problem.
1 Comment
I would have a doctor check it out, because long lasting pain is never a good sign, exspecially when the injury happened a week ago. try warping it in an ace bandage to try and see if your body will heal it's self. but I would stay off the leg, and if the pain lasts go to a doctor before it gets any worse.