Tearing and tingling sensation in the shin after a fall
A few weeks ago I fell outside on my left knee. I didn't feel I had done much damage as all I had was a scrape on the knee. But a few days after the fall I noticed if I just touched the skin to the left of the upper part of my shin I get a numbness sensation and it feels as if something is tearing inside. If I kneel down the pain is severe as if I am kneeling on something sharp. The tingling or tearing sensation can last for a few minutes to an hour and then subsides but any time I touch that area I still have the tearing sensation. Could something actually be torn and what should I do to help it heal. I have no problem or pain walking and unless I a kneeling down or rubbing that part of my leg I would never know there was a problem.
I would have a doctor check it out, because long lasting pain is never a good sign, exspecially when the injury happened a week ago. try warping it in an ace bandage to try and see if your body will heal it's self. but I would stay off the leg, and if the pain lasts go to a doctor before it gets any worse.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.