Tender bump behind ear and Swollen Lymph Node
I have a swollen lymph node behind my left ear which I noticed last night. When I woke up this morning, I had a very painful and unexplained goose-egg the size of a large marble right above the swollen lymph node. Any idea what could have caused this? Thank you!
Thanks for writing to the forum!
It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. The lump could either be a folliculitis or hair infection or it could be an abscess. The lymph node thus swelled in response to the infection.
The other possibility is that both the swellings are lymph nodes. Swollen lymphnodes behind your ears could be due to chest infection, tonsillitis or pharyngitis, dandruff, or infection of ear. A fine needle biopsy of a CT scan can tell for sure what the lump is. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.