Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Tests are normal, but something is wrong...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tests are normal, but something is wrong...

In Sept. 2004 I had many symptoms converge all at once and my doctors can't figure out what's wrong with me:

- 10-15 lb weight gain, all in my stomach.  I am unable to lose this weight.  I'm currently 5'6" and 145 lbs.
- extreme fatigue
- chronic diarrhea, nausea
- microhemuturia; urologist found kidney stones
- high blood pressure; I have had difficulty with blood pressure since I was 18, but was able to control this for many years with diet, exercise and by going off birth control pills. In Sept. 2004 I suddenly had a bp of 150/100 and my doctor put me on dyazide.  The diuretic made me crave salt worse than I ever have... I have always craved salt, but this was much worse.

Diagnosed with progesterone deficiency in 2000; take 200 mg of compounded progesterone for 10 days during my luteal phase.  I was able to become pregnant due to this, though I had to take progesterone shots until I was 22 weeks along.  Gave birth 7/2002. In Nov. 2005 I went to my OB/GYN because the progesterone wasn't working.  He did an ultrasound and found cysts in my ovaries, diagnosed PCOS and put me on Metformin, 1500 mg/day.  No blood tests were done at this time.

I have since seen an endocrinologist; all blood tests came back normal.  She tested me for 11-hydroxylase deficiency; test was normal.  Metformin hasn't helped, so OB/GYN is doubling progesterone to 400 mg/day.  Endo is okay with this.

Could the progesterone deficiency point to other endocrine problems?  Could taking the supplements mask the problem?  Could stress be a factor?

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer