Tests are normal, but something is wrong...
In Sept. 2004 I had many symptoms converge all at once and my doctors can't figure out what's wrong with me:

- 10-15 lb weight gain, all in my stomach.  I am unable to lose this weight.  I'm currently 5'6" and 145 lbs.
- extreme fatigue
- chronic diarrhea, nausea
- microhemuturia; urologist found kidney stones
- high blood pressure; I have had difficulty with blood pressure since I was 18, but was able to control this for many years with diet, exercise and by going off birth control pills. In Sept. 2004 I suddenly had a bp of 150/100 and my doctor put me on dyazide.  The diuretic made me crave salt worse than I ever have... I have always craved salt, but this was much worse.

Diagnosed with progesterone deficiency in 2000; take 200 mg of compounded progesterone for 10 days during my luteal phase.  I was able to become pregnant due to this, though I had to take progesterone shots until I was 22 weeks along.  Gave birth 7/2002. In Nov. 2005 I went to my OB/GYN because the progesterone wasn't working.  He did an ultrasound and found cysts in my ovaries, diagnosed PCOS and put me on Metformin, 1500 mg/day.  No blood tests were done at this time.

I have since seen an endocrinologist; all blood tests came back normal.  She tested me for 11-hydroxylase deficiency; test was normal.  Metformin hasn't helped, so OB/GYN is doubling progesterone to 400 mg/day.  Endo is okay with this.

Could the progesterone deficiency point to other endocrine problems?  Could taking the supplements mask the problem?  Could stress be a factor?

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer
I can relate to you completly as i am the same height and weight and have all the same symptoms.  My symptoms began after the birth of my second child I can not lose a pound of weight no matter what I do and am finding it very depressing.  I want to have tests for cushings however doctors have told me I am not big enough to have that.  Good luck in finding the cause I have been looking for two years.