Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Thigh Pain After Knee Replacements

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Thigh Pain After Knee Replacements

I had bilateral knee replacements in June of 2010.  Since then I have had extreme pain in both legs.  In September I was diagnosed with a blood clot behind both knees and hospitalized.  I'm on blood thinner and I don't think that the pain in my thighs have anything to do with the clots.  It's very hard to exercise or walk for very long.  Anyone else with the same problem?

This discussion is related to thigh pain and numbness.
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Thigh pain can be due to blood clots also, especially since you have clots behind the knees. It can also be due to nerve impingement, poor blood supply or due to some infection. Color dopplar and nerve conduction tests should be done. It is also important to do CPKMB or muscle enzyme to see if there is any muscle injury.
Do consult your doctor and discuss this. Take care!