Thigh pain
Hello...

When I was a short distance my upper thighs get so tired I have to stop and rest...the resting makes the pain go away if I stand there long enough but the pain comes right back when I begin walking again....it's a real tired and weak feeling pain...both thighs...any help would be much appreciated...thank you.

Sudden leg pain that show up during physical activity, such as walking, are usually a sign of arterial insufficiency(peripheral artery disease). That means the arteries aren't able to supply the calf muscles with enough blood and oxygen to meet their needs. This usually arises from atherosclerosis—hardening of the arteries. Atherosclerosis can occur for many reasons such as smoking, diabetes, and high cholesterol

The pain from PAD is brought on by exercise, and relieved by rest. The limping that occurs from the leg pain is called claudication.

I strongly advise you an evaluation by a physician. Intermittent claudication is a relatively benign and manageable condition, but people with more advanced arterial insufficiency can experience rest pain also.Moreover it has to be differentiated from other causes of such symptoms like low amounts of potassium, sodium, calcium, or magnesium in the blood, muscle fatigue or strain from overuse, tendonitis,osteomyelitis,osteoarthritis, nerve damage- Sciatic nerve pain (radiating pain down the leg) caused by a slipped disk in the back., Benign tumors or cysts of the femur or tibia and osteosarcoma.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.

Thank you Kindd for your reply...I've been reading on this also...I don't have calf pain but have read that this can also cause thigh pain...looks like a trip to the doctor may be in order...plus alot of lifestyle changes...thanks again...