Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Thinning Veins in Hands???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Thinning Veins in Hands???

36 y/o male here with history of Liver Disease. I have noticed over the course of the year that my hands are prone to bouts of numbness. I was DX'd with Carpal Tunnel in my right hand. Now, I notice that many veins are becoming visible, but they are very, very thin. Not like spider veins, but not healthy-looking. I also think I am having muscle atrophy. I get pains sometimes between the thumb and index. The skin is shrived, somewhat like it's YEARS older than it really is. I do not have Peripheral Artery Disease ( was checked ), at least of the major arteries.

I wasn't sure where to post this. There is no vascular forum...
Tags: veins, in hand
1 Comment
Thanks for the post!

The veins in your hands are becoming prominent due to pressure on them in the carpel tunnel. When the veins have become prominent, the skin over them stretches and gives an appearance of thinning. Also poor blood and nerve supply is the cause of shriveled skin. This is also the reason behind the pain. You should also test yourself for hypothyroidism and diabetes. Both of them cause peripheral nervous disorders. Your physiotherapist can teach you stretching exercise to overcome pressure symptoms.Surgery to relieve pressure at the carpel tunnel should help.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!