Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Thmub feels like it asleep for a day or two

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

My right hand thumb has felt like it has been asleep for about two days. I have the tingly needle feeling in my thumb just at the tip. My hands fall asleep at night and when I use a hammer or anything that I have to squeeze. If I use the item too long they fall asleep. But most nights they fall asleep on me. I am an architecture student so I use a computer quite often, and I am working for a construction company over the summer so I have been using power tools and hammers and stuff like that. My hands fall asleep when I use these items.

Do you have any other symptoms and are you taking any medications ?
Sounds to me like you have a case of carpultunnel (sp?) It has to do with the nerves in and around your wrists and hands. It can be corrected somewhat by wearing braces to bed at night and by resting your hands whenever possible. I have this and it can not only be irritating when you can not feel your hands, my fingers and hands go numb while driving and holding onto the steering wheel. It can become rather painful at times too, especially with the pins and needles feeling. If it is a rather bad case of carpultunnel and can not be corrected with rest and braces, then there is always the option of surgery.
Nope. no other syptoms (symptoms) and no meds.
Avatar n tn
this could also be a sihgn of apinched nerve in your neck that can easliy be fixed with seeing a chiropractor. I am a chiropractic assistant and when you have a pinched nerved in the neck region, the symtoms (symptoms) are what you have described. Loss of feling in hands or fingers, tingling, or feelings of your fingers going to sleep and feling like a million needled are sticking you. You should see a chiro, yo would fel alot beter. trust me!!!