Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Throwing up, Diarrhea, No fever?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Throwing up, Diarrhea, No fever?

I have an 18 month old son who has devolped this thing where he'll throw up every hour starting at 5 in the morning going until about 9 in the morning, and with diarrhea all through out the day. Sometimes its green and watery, others normal colored diarrhea. He has no fever and is normal up until he gets sick. The doctors keep saying that he has a stomach bug such as the "day flu" that is going around, however, no one at his day care is sick and no one in our household is. I have a terrible immune system so for me to not be sick is just amazing.  This has been going on for a week and 3 days now.

(Poor baby has an awful diaper rash to)

Oh, and he seems to be hydrated, but as time goes on, he wont eat anything and is starting to not drink anything either... No matter what it is. We've taken him off of dairy and meat sense this started a week and a half ago.
go to your health visitor and ask them to referer him to someone for extra tests,best to be safe than sorry
The green sounds like it's bile if it's a bright green.  I would take him to the emergency room ASAP. They can examine his stool for a number of things. They will also probably want to do some blood work to check his liver function among other things. My son had salmonella at 2 months old. He got it from a relative who owned a restaurant. His Pediatrician insisted it was a virus on two separate visits one week apart. He put him on pedialyte to keep him hydrated. I finally came to my senses and realized living off of electrolytes weren't going to cut it. He also started to have a little blood in his stool. I should have followed my Mother's intuition sooner. I took him to the ER. They immediately placed an IV and drew blood.The attending Physician said that he would have died if I had waited much longer. I'm not trying to scare you. I'm just sharing my experience. A week is a long time to have vomiting and diarrhea in a toddler. I pray he's well real soon.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Since this has been going on for some time, please consult a pediatrician ASAP. Give ORS solution from time to time. Give sips of water and any other liquid that he is willing to take. Start a probiotic for children. Please take him to a doctor. Take care!
Went into the doctors office 3 days ago they said that its the bug thats going around. Went into the ER (actually just literally got out) and they tested him for any infections...all negative. They did chest x-rays and seemed fine.

However, he's still throwing up at least 6 times a day and has lost 4 pounds sense monday. I asked for an ultrasound on the off chance that he swallowed something and they said that it would be a waste of time.

Doing follow up appointment at 11:15 tomorrow morning. Thanks you guys :)