Throwing up Blood
My cousin is throwing up blood for a month now and the doctor said she has a virus that causes ulcers. What else could this be? she had some blood work including pt/ptt but no results are back yet..
thhe doctor may be refering to the pyloric bacteria that causes ulcers, it is important that she takes her medication if she is proven positive of this bacteria, it does cause ulcers and she must avoid taking any aspirin, however severe vomitting of blood, especially with abdominal pain and or destention, could be a medical emergency and should not be ignored.
Throwing up blood is serious and should not go a month without treatment.  If it is indeed ulcers, then she has h.pylori, which is a bacteria, not a virus. There is a combination of antibiotics that is effective at treating it. In the States, they sell it in a package called a PrevPac.
h.pylori is a good place to start, my sister is going through it right now and has been going through it for the last 6 months, its pretty hard to treat but antibiotics work.

i think they should start them on antibiotics, before my sister left the first time with a diagnosis of gastric reflux disorder, which i didn't understand (she had stomach pain not throat or heart pain, but they gave her acid reducers, which didn't work, well two or three months down the road he finally said, ok we can do a blood test and then turned around and said if we would have started treatment sooner it would be easier and quicker to treat.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.