Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Thumb twitching and Hands shaking

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Thumb twitching and Hands shaking

My thumb has been twitching for about 10 days or so.  It will only do it for a few seconds and then it comes and goes.  I thought it might be signs of carpal tunnel..so I did some carpal tunnel exercises...that made my hand shake..its my right hand..my left is fine and didnt do anything after the exercises.  Could this be a sign that I have carpal tunnel...that would be a relief for me because I always think the worse..My hands are always a little numb and I have never had much strenght in them..but really no pain..so I dont know what is going on..???
1 Comment
Thanks for writing to the forum!

There are a few possibilities. There is a chance that you have compression of the spinal nerves in the cervical spine region. This can happen due to overuse of computers, work involving straining of neck, canal stenosis, bone disease, spondylosis etc. Please consult an orthopedic specialist or a neurologist.
The other possibility is hyperthyroidism which can cause shakiness of hands and trebling of fingers. I would suggest you get the blood levels of the following checked if they have not already been checked: potassium, calcium, sodium, vitamin B complex, or vitamins B1, B3, or B6 and Vitamin D. Also get your thyroid and blood sugar checked.

Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do consult your doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!