Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Tightness in Neck and Throat/Upper Chest Area Pain, Tightness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have had tightness in my throat and a "lump" sensation for 2 weeks now. The lump feeling has went away for the most part but there is still a lot of tightness in the front of my neck just below my adams apple area. I also have a good bit of discomfort in the back at the base of my neck. When it first started I felt that I could not breathe and was under a lot of stress because of the feeling. Just the slightest activity sent me into a panic attack. On the 4th day I went to a GP who treated me for laryngitis/sinusitis. After finishing the antibiotic and steroid, I feel "better" but the tightness has now moved more into my upper chest now than my throat. I went back to the Dr. about a week after being on my antibiotic, blood work was done and everything came back fine. I had recently received a Hep B shot about a week prior to this starting. If anyone could suggest  anything they think it might be it would be appreciated. Also, the side effects of the vaccine are very similar, but I don't have an accurate time frame for when this would be occuring if it was from the vaccine. Throat and neck tightness is noted but it doesn't say how long (like an acute attack etc.) I am 29 and had never received any vaccines before that one and a DTAP (for school) a few days prior. Thank you.
1 Comment
00Hope00
Hello---I have a daughter who had all the same symptoms as you.  Throat and Neck Tightness.  Oh my goodness....I feel so bad for you.  My daughter went to the ER and they kept her over night and said she was having a heart attack, or her problem was gall bladder related, or esaphagous.  My daughter had stress at work and this just made her worse.   After 3 different clinics, a dozen doctors, and taking all types of medication, a friend suggested she go to see a dentist who specialized in TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder).  She is now going for therapy for the back of her neck and shoulders.  She said she feels 100% better.  Good luck hopefully you can find a specialist to treat TMJ.