Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Tightness mild swelling in feet

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Tightness mild swelling in feet

I feel tightness in my feet.More tightness is in the left feet. there is a mild swelling in feet.Tightness is felt whenever i try to be aware of my feet. Trhere is slight numbness in both the feet.
I am 78.I have no diabetes,: no iron deficiency: no B12 deficiency; Reflexes are normal on physical neurological examination. It is not pain. I can walk without any pain,just small distances.This is since last 5 yrs.Exercises, yoga, and many alternatice therapies, holistice therapy are tried.Any advice will be appriciated.
Thanks.
Welcome to the forum!
The swelling and numbness of feet could be due to water retention as in low protein in blood, kidney problems, heart problems, pressure on the dorsal aorta, severe anemia, deep vein thrombosis, liver diseases etc. It could be due to hypothyroidism too. Diabetes Mellitus too can cause similar symptoms. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. You can refer to this link for a complete list of possible causes for ankle, leg and feet swelling: http://en.diagnosispro.com/differential_diagnosis-for/bilateral-leg-edema-swelling/39352-154.html
Many thanks for the quick response. I did visit the website you recommended. However it is too difficult to understand for a layman Anyway I shall consult my doctor. I do have hypothyrodism. I take 100 mg. of thyroxin. since last 20years. this is a genitic problem. I do get T3 T4 Tsh done  on and off. I got it done before 6 months.Findings were normal.Thank you again for your quick response.
Thanks for keeping me posted!
Please do not worry about all the medical details. It was only for further information. If you have hypothyroidism, then do consult the specialist regarding your foot problem. Also test for diabetes, anemia, kidney and heart problems if need be. It could also be a simple case of age related osteoarthritis. As you can understand a confirmed diagnosis is impossible on net.
Please discuss this with your doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!