Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Tingling, joint pain, blurred vision, neck pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Wondering if anyone can provide some insight or advice on some symptoms that i have been getting lately and possibly if they are linked. Ive been getting some tingling sensations that usually occur on my face or the top of my head but can occur all over too. The sensation usually only lasts around a minute but it is starting to worry me a little. Ive also been experiencing a pain that feels like my bones or muscles are aching. The strange thing about this is that it is not just in one place, it can occur in my arms and legs, wrists and fingersand is very uncomfortable. It ususally only occurs in one area at a time. This is the biggest problem for me, the aches are very painful at times and no medication seems to work. I went to see a specialist regarding this who could not find anything wrong with my joints. However, I have had no scans or further tests. My vision is also a bit funny and blurry sometimes and I also get a ringing sensation in my ears and this is often accompanied by a pain in the back of my neck. Im also tired all the time and never have any energy. Im a 23 year old female and im at a loss to figure out why i should be feeling like this. I feel that a woman in her 70's sometimes.

Im clueless as to if these symptoms could be linked and im sick of going to the doctor with no answers. All that seems to happen is the doctor orders blood tests and they come back normal. I actually think im going a bit insane and that these symptoms are in my head, as I am not getting to the bottom of anything. The only medication that I am taking is fluxoetine for depression. Can anyone shed any light on this or does anyone have similar symptoms?

Thanks,

Laura
Sounds like something is pinching your nerves. Your body is probably out of alignment. If possible, ask around for a good chiropractor in your area. I have a bulging disc on my neck, sometimes I get strange tingling sensation on my arm, most of the time it's just numb. A friend of my with the same problem got pains in her arm. I see a chiropractor and it is a lot better now. And yes, when your body's out of alignment, many weird sensations do occur, including blur vision. Regular doctor will either say you are fine because they simply can't find any thing wrong or they will say let's do a surgery.
This does sound very familiar.  While it's true that a number of your symptoms could be explained by a pinched nerve, the blurred vision and tingling in your face cannot.  

I'd get a referral to a good rheumatologist and a good neurologist.  The neurologist can research why your nerves are causing these sensations and the rheumatologist can test for issues like lupus that cause achy joints, tingling, fatigue, and blurred vision.

The tricky thing here is that there is more than one possible cause for the problems you described, but if you write a history of all that's occurred and all that you're feeling, a good doctor should be able to help you narrow it down and find what the cause may be.  

Wishing you well and hoping you find answers soon.  

Laura